Windows Phone Android

Search This thread

jabooni

Sep 21, 2010
I'm having the same problem too, where the app cannot be found in the market. Can you post the download link for the apk please? I've been looking for a WP7 theme for weeks.......

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Just installed the lite version on my Captivate and it seems to run fine. The tiles are not lining up properly though. Can't get the notification bar to be the same color as the tiles like in the screenshot.

Nice work though. Definitely interested to see how the pro version turns out.

I have some comments on this great app:

- Sometimes the info bar sporting the Wifi and 3G icons disappears unless pressed on. Will there be an option to display it permanently?
- The app always starts up when the home button is pressed, which could be quite annoying. Also, it doesn't exit when the home key is pressed again and instead stays there.

Hope these issues will be fixed. I love this home replacement app. :)

As for the status bar, it is the way stock WP7 acts. We will not be changing it. It takes 8 seconds for stock to disappear, ours does the same thing. No it's not a bug. We put it in to do just that. Looks like a video is needed just to show everyone actual features of WP7.

As for the home, are you using it as a stand alone app or home? If you are using it as home, you'll always get back to it. Thus home (launcher) replacement. If you don't want to do it, when you press home, you can select to stay with the original home. If that is the case, when you press home, it'll get back to your original home.

Just installed the lite version on my Captivate and it seems to run fine. The tiles are not lining up properly though. Can't get the notification bar to be the same color as the tiles like in the screenshot.

Nice work though. Definitely interested to see how the pro version turns out.

I don't mean to reply and quote 3 times....

Looking into the tile issue like I said. Notification bar only show up on certain cases. That is normal. Again, a video of how WP7 functions might be needed. ;)

Sozage

Aug 16, 2010
Looks great.

I look forward to some neat transitions and live tiles!

I do find it runs a bit slow at times on my SGS though.

Oh yeah - it doesn't work the first time I try to run it through Home Switcher. I have to set it to default and then reboot for it to work.

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Anyone have a link to an apk for the lite version as it is not showing in the market

Sent from my htc_bravo using XDA App

skribbler86

Sep 30, 2010
Notification bar is great how it is. Keeping everything as identical as you can to wp7 is the right way to go. Once that is completed then you can add extra little things in, should you choose to. Moving on... the alignment problem is with the bottom tile, the one on the right, in my case. Wonderful start to a wonderful app btw!

Sent from my GT540 using XDA App

russian roulette

Apr 7, 2010
Or is it just that the people are reluctant to post the apk. so they can have it to themselves. Hello? It has been posted at least 5 times and nobody has responded.

svante38

Apr 18, 2010
Stockholm
You need to unlock market, I had the same problem yesterday. Will post the lite apk here once pulled and uploaded.

Alright here is the link: hxxp://www[dot]multiupload[dot]com/T0LO48QILW (New users can't post links :()

If anyone asks me to take the link down I will do so. (would be a weird request since the app is free though).

Last edited:

jjsoviet

Aug 29, 2010
As for the status bar, it is the way stock WP7 acts. We will not be changing it. It takes 8 seconds for stock to disappear, ours does the same thing. No it's not a bug. We put it in to do just that. Looks like a video is needed just to show everyone actual features of WP7.

As for the home, are you using it as a stand alone app or home? If you are using it as home, you'll always get back to it. Thus home (launcher) replacement. If you don't want to do it, when you press home, you can select to stay with the original home. If that is the case, when you press home, it'll get back to your original home.

Oh, I see. Sorry for my ignorance, then. Yeah, a tech demo might be a good idea to show users how the app works. :D

I use WPA as my default home, no wonder I couldn't exit my apps with just the home key. It would be nice though if WPA can somehow work with another launcher, so when you press the home key you could exit to the home screen, then another press would bring up the WPA app drawer. I dunno if this is possible, but just my idea. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Technical --

Android Technical just published "Windows Phone Android", a windows phone metro UI launcher for android. The lite version is now in the Android Market.

Lite version include:
    Pin to front page tiles
    remove from front page
    uninstall apps
    dark and lite themes
    4 accent colors (Blue, Green, Red and Orange)
    limited messages (on message area at the top of the screen)
    status bar with mobile signal, wifi, bluetooth, battery status etc.

informational tiles, animated screens, status messages and other features will be included in the regular versions.

At the end of the day, if you really want a Windows Phone, you should go get one. You can get one here from Microsoft.

Side Note: You may choose not to install it as a launcher (choose default home as launcher) and the application will act in stand alone manner.

Android Technical (@droidtechnical) - @lmaung - @kluesman

Demo video : http://www.youtube.com/androidtechnical#p/a/u/0/3yvIVfRdM1w

I will send out the APK link to those with screwed up ROMs. People update the market on your ROM first. It'll fix WPA not showing up as well a there may be other apps missing from your list....
    Reserved

Dec 21, 2010:
    Lite updated to 1.2.1
    - NOTIFICATIONS ARE HERE!
    - Swipe feature from full is now in Lite
    - Better tile icon size changes
    - MORE THEME COLORS!
    - Less force closes
    - Battery Code updated
    - Cell Signal code updated
    - Faster animations
    - lots of back end changes
    - Clock re-enabled
    - Ads. Yeah it's a good way to keep us coding -- or get the regular version. Thanks you.

Regular update to 1.2
    Dec 21, 2010:
    Lite updated to 1.2
    - NOTIFICATIONS ARE HERE!
    - TILE NOTIFICATION
    - STATUS BAR NOTIFICATION
    - Better tile icon size changes ;)
    - MORE THEME COLORS!
    - Less force closes
    - Battery Code updated
    - Cell Signal code updated
    - Faster animations
    - lots of back end changes

Dec 14, 2010:
    Lite updated to 1.1.2
    - Battery Status and Signal Status code updated to include a wider range of devices and hopefully less f.c. on a lot of devices.
    Depending on feedback and outcome, same code will come thru (as well as a few extras) on regular version in the next few days.

Dec 10, 2010:
    Lite: updated to 1.1.1
    - Dreaded mdip (480x320) tile alignment issue. I don't have a test device anymore but as far as I can tell on the emulator (with the right settings), it looks fine. I am done fixing this issue now. Recommended resolution is 800x480. Recommended device is Nexus One.

Regular: updated to 1.1.1
    - Dreaded mdip (480x320) tile alignment issue. I don't have a test device anymore but as far as I can tell on the emulator (with the right settings), it looks fine. I am done fixing this issue now. Recommended resolution is 800x480. Recommended device is Nexus One.

Lite: Updated to 1.1
    - Swipe to flip between (1st and 2nd Screen from 1.0.1 regular is added)
    - Battery Status is now added
    - Alignment issue (last tiles on mdpi devices should be ok)
    - First time will come with some preloaded icons on the first page (sick of that blank screen emails)

Regular: Updated to 1.1
    - Full Swipe between (1st and 2nd Screen is updated - animated)
    - Battery Status added
    - Alignment issue (last tiles on mdpi devices should be ok)
    - First time will come with some preloaded icons on the first page (sick of that blank screen emails)
    - All future developments will continue on this version.

Dec 8, 2010:
    Regular Updated to 1.0.1
    - Swipe to slide added.

Dec 7, 2010:
    Lite version updated to 1.0.1
    - First and last tile misalignment is fixed
    - Minor tweaks

Regular ($2.99) version 1.0 added to market
    - same as lite version for now
    - supports more than 12 apps on the main screen
    Me too! Theres like what? +3 million Galaxy S sold around the world. If the Dev can fix the FC im definitly buying 2 WP-Android. One for me and one for my lady.

Without actual hardware to test, it's hard to figure out the FC issue. We patched a few more "bugs" and adding in some features for the weekend update. Going to flash one of the Nexus Ones with custom sense UI to see if we can duplicate some issues.
    Three things.

One, this launcher is pretty. I like it, I'd buy it when it's got things that I want it to have.

Two, adding anything else to the homescreen really kills it. It would be really nice to have an option to change the icon inside the tile to whatever I want (It would be unfair to ask YOU to make all those icons, right?)

Three, even if the original WP7 UI shows user apps in a list, please, PLEASE add an option to display apps in a grid. It's really annoying to have to scroll down and read app names.

Thanks.

Thanks.

1. Keep a eye out for changes coming this weekend.
    2. We will not be supplying icons. We will soon add ability to change your own icon. Not this weekend though.
    3. :D We have no intention of changing things from original UI feel. We will add more features to mimic more features and such as much as we can. Put it this way, this is not like a regular application. We are re-do a launcher. It's like adding a ton of apps in one.
    Link for 1.1.1 lite

1.1.1 lite is on the first page now. Enjoy (for those that can't get it online).

The status update and status overlay (phone, mail, message) will be here sometime this week. We hope.