[Q] HELP: SAMSUNG_Android and CDC Serial driver software

Search This thread

keshihua

Dec 14, 2012
1. I have an SGN2 International version GT-N7100 (bought in HK) from Samsung.

2. I rooted the device using the latest root kit from your site. It worked like a charm!

3. I flash romed to Jellybean 4.2 (N7100XXDLL5_N7100OJVDLL2_N7100XXDLK7_HOME.tar.md5) on Win 7 (again, worked like a charm).
But,the device became "un-rooted." Which - I guess is kinda logical, I suppose.

4. Now, when I send/receive phone calls and messages, the name(s) associated with my contact list do not appear - only the cell number.
This is a MAJOR, MAJOR problem for me.

There are several other minor issues like not automatically connecting to my home wi-fi network; the device would automatically find and connect before. And I would guess that there are other issues that I haven't come across yet.

5a. When I try to "re-root", the root kit stops when it looks for "USB debugging".
5b. When I try to flash the GT-N7100 stock rom (N7100ZSALJ7_N7100OZSALJ7_TGY) using Odin (3-v1.838), Odin cannot see my device (usb driver issue). In Odin there is no yellow, green or blue color that signifies Odin can see my device.

6a. Windows Kies can no longer detect my device (and it seems the latest version of Kies does not allow installing drivers).
So, I uninstalled Kies and downloaded the latest SGN2 usb drivers from XDA. When I install, I get the following error message:
"The MSS InstallWizard cannot install samsung usb driver V1.5.16.0."

6b. It also says the Samsung drivers already exist, but I can't find them.
And even so, shouldn't the installation just replace the existing one(s)?

7. When I connect the phone to Windows I get the following message: "Device driver software was not successfully installed." And then, I see the following list:
USB Composite Device - ready to use
GT-N7100 - ready to use
SAMSUNG_Android - No driver found
CDC Serial - No driver found

8. When I put the phone in "Odin" or download mode (press vol+on-off+home) and plug the phone in it searches for a "Gadget Serial" driver and finds - nothing.
After doing several searches, I found that the Gadget Serial driver is the same as the Samsung mobile usb drivers - which do not work.

… Please, please, please - help a Brutha out. I'm dying ovaheeya!

Last edited:

gabamoner

Nov 29, 2012
baguio city
Try switching on your internet for Windows to look your drivers in the net..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

keshihua

Dec 14, 2012

Already done.
1. When I install the drivers via the tool kit, I keep getting the following message:

2a.When I look at device manager I see Other devices->Gadget Serial (with an exclamation point "!"). I did all kinds of searches and just come up with with the same usb driver as the toolkit -which doesn't work.

2b.The usb driver installation does say that samsung usb driver already exists, but I can't find it.

… I'm dying here, but thanks for taking time to help.

keshihua

Dec 14, 2012

Already done.
1. When I install the drivers via the tool kit, I keep getting the following message:

2a.When I look at device manager I see Other devices->Gadget Serial (with an exclamation point "!"). I did all kinds of searches and just come up with with the same usb driver as the toolkit - which doesn't work.

2b.The usb driver installation does say that samsung usb driver already exists, but I can't find it.

… I'm dying here, but thanks for taking time to help.