[ROM][JB.4.3][TILAPIA][Cyanogenmod_10.2_unofficial][200920]

Search This thread

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
Currently we don't have vendor blobs and other external repos for tilapia. From where u sync the repos? Slim? Or?

Can u list what/where the repos in your local manifest?

Thanks

Here is my local_manifest.xml -> http://d-h.st/5Wm

I sync everything from CM and TheMuppets (official cm vendor repo). But i dont build like its stated on cm website. I add vendor device and kernel manually in local manifest, then ./get prepuilts and then brunch tilapia.

Are you guys going to merge your changes with the official CM repos or are you going to maintain your own unofficial builds?

I track everything from CM. And i will stay mainline CM. Maybe some day the device gets "official" support, then we can change the thread title in here or u guys download it directly from CM buildbot :)

Last edited:

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Here is my local_manifest.xml -> http://d-h.st/5Wm

I sync everything from cm. but i dont build like its stated on cm website. I add vendor device and kernel manually in local manifest, then ./get prepuilts and then brunch tilapia.

I track everything from CM. And i will stay mainline CM. Maybe some day the device gets "official" support, then we can change the thread title in here or u guys download it directly from CM buildbot :)

Kudos to u.

My own mistake was no selinux policy in my tilapia tree. No wonder my bootup flooded with selinux errors. Lmao :D

Anyway do u intend to submit to cm your tilapia tree? Seems u have what it takes to be the tilapia maintainer.

Cheers

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
Are you guys going to merge your changes with the official CM repos or are you going to maintain your own unofficial builds?

Kudos to u.

My own mistake was no selinux policy in my tilapia tree. No wonder my bootup flooded with selinux errors. Lmao :D

Anyway do u intend to submit to cm your tilapia tree? Seems u have what it takes to be the tilapia maintainer.

Cheers

I just wanted to tell ya.. the only thing u really missed is sepolicy i guess too :) will submit the tree of course to CM. No clue atm how to do this but tomorrow is another day i guess :p

Reactions: p0izn and temasek

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
I just wanted to tell ya.. the only thing u really missed is sepolicy i guess too :) will submit the tree of course to CM. No clue atm how to do this but tomorrow is another day i guess :p

No so difficult to submit to cm. U should be able to do it with your experience..

CM10.1 tilapia I submitted a few like usb/wifi tethering support.

Cheers and thanks again.

Reactions: p0izn

SergioTeddy

Aug 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21

i think we don't need sepolicy in tilapia tree because fat-tire moved to boardconfigcommon.mk , and i was able to build this afternon without any problems.

Reactions: n3ocort3x

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna

SergioTeddy

Aug 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
n3ocort3x and temasek i saw your device trees for tilapia and i think you should update your recovery.fstab to fstab.grouper (new aosp convencion) just see how fat-tire have done in the grouper tree. I have it like him and his working good .

Reactions: temasek

nchall

Jan 5, 2011
Just a point of reference, I upgraded from the latest 10.1 nightly to this and it boots fine, but eventually everything starts to force close and then the screen freezes requiring a forced reboot.

I did a dalvik/cache wipe before flashing, but that's it. Guess I will probably have to do a full wipe and install from scratch. Luckily I have a nandroid of the latest 10.1

Any suggestions on how to avoid all the FCs and screen freeze? Or do you think it is most likely because I didn't do a full wipe?

Last edited:

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
Just a point of reference, I upgraded from the latest 10.1 nightly to this and it boots fine, but eventually everything starts to force close and then the screen freezes requiring a forced reboot.

I did a dalvik/cache wipe before flashing, but that's it. Guess I will probably have to do a full wipe and install from scratch. Luckily I have a nandroid of the latest 10.1

Any suggestions on how to avoid all the FCs and screen freeze? Or do you think it is most likely because I didn't do a full wipe?

Afair I had a frozen screen only once after the first boot. I tried to change the theme and then the freeze happened. Then after the manual reboot it worked without any issues and I still don't have any FCs. I am also using the "r75 tweaked-fixed" kernel from Franco but the stock kernel should work as well.

If you want to try it again:
  • Restore your 10.1 nandroid backup
  • Flash this 10.2 build along with the 4.3 GAPPS
  • Boot it for the first time and wait until the CPU starts to idle
  • Reboot the device
  • optional: try another kernel

So I had instabilities only after the first 10.2 boot. Maybe this was the same on your device. :confused:

nchall

Jan 5, 2011
Hmm. I'll try your suggestion. Maybe I didn't wait long enough after the first boot before I started using it. I did notice that Google Wallet started a few minutes after I thought everything had settled down.

So if I am back on the 10.1 nightly from nandroid backup I should just do a dalvik/cache wipe, then flash this build, then GAPPS, then reboot and wait 5 min or so until it settles down?

Thanks for your help.

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, but wiping dalvik and cache shouldn't be necessary. Android is doing that on its own when you are doing ROM updates.

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks N3!!! This is the smoothest 4.3 ROM I've tried thus far and I think I've flashed all but one ome or two of them. Very nice work!

My installation for those who it might help: I dirty flashed over 10.1 and had some apps unexpectedly closing so I wiped data, system, cache and dalvick before reinstalling followed by PA Gapps then m-kernel a61. Using titanium backup I have created installation zips of all my user apps both with and without data, so I installed the apps without data zip and selectively restored data in TB for those apps where I need data back such as those that require user names and passwords.

nchall

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks N3!!! This is the smoothest 4.3 ROM I've tried thus far and I think I've flashed all but one ome or two of them. Very nice work!

My installation for those who it might help: I dirty flashed over 10.1 and had some apps unexpectedly closing so I wiped data, system, cache and dalvick before reinstalling followed by PA Gapps then m-kernel a61. Using titanium backup I have created installation zips of all my user apps both with and without data, so I installed the apps without data zip and selectively restored data in TB for those apps where I need data back such as those that require user names and passwords.

Still having issues so this is what I'll most likely have to do as well. Getting force closes, screen freeze and then reboot on dirty flash from 10.1 to this build. Now going to explore what you suggest about TB with and without data.

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
Still having issues so this is what I'll most likely have to do as well. Getting force closes, screen freeze and then reboot on dirty flash from 10.1 to this build. Now going to explore what you suggest about TB with and without data.

i would not go for a dirty flash man. wipe device, save everything before and do a fresh install :)

btw: AOKP 4.3 compiled for me and my team.. now bringing to tilapia... how long have i waited for this :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    beff3768d7cb06f37126d4vu4w.png

Hey Community, so far there was no device tree for the combination tilapia/cm10.2 so i decided to do my own one as i still have tilapia and want to compile cm / cm based roms from source for it. So here it is.

Here u can download the ROM:

CM_10.2_200920_unofficial

Here u can download the GAPPS for 4.3: LINK

Device TREE :https://github.com/n3ocort3x/android_device_asus_tilapia
    CHANGELOG (grouper, as no tilapia is official) :http://10.2.cmxlog.com/?device=grouper

Its tested and working. So lets enjoy JB4.3. I will build every now and then and update thread title. I cant say how often i will build at week, but I will.

Credits:

CyanogenMod Team (of course)
    @LorD ClockaN
    @maxwen
    @TUN_SD
    @semdoc

for always supporting me :)
    OP updated:

build from 14.09.2013 available (version will still show on tablet 01.09. havent cleaned directory to save time). Its synced with CM from today :)
    Good news , first official CM build is up http://get.cm/?device=tilapia
    While n3ocort3x is busy I create a flashable zip that include grouper lib folder. Sorry, cannot upload file to forum - file too big.
    Download it from here.
    The first one seems to be from RBMacGregor - that one hasn't been updated for almost a month now and some features seem to not work there, as users reported. The second is from this thread - more recent one and seems to work okay, so I guess safe to install

nope i deleted it... the first one was mine from yesterday with some testing stuff...

Device tree is up here now:
    https://github.com/n3ocort3x/android_device_asus_tilapia