a "simple" question about unread email

Search This thread

mcwurth

Apr 14, 2013
sollefteå
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Hi,

I started recently making my own themes as i found there isn't enough themes in my taste on themer/mycolorscreen application/launcher.
I have on question though. how do i change the text for unread email? It is connected to my gmail, ut even checking another box in the mail options i have no luck so far. So help me get an answer please. I watched all videos but i might have missed it somehow. (see screenshot for explaination (and yes i made it all red because I am not ready to share my work with the world just yet))

Love this launcher!

greetings mcwurth

Attachments

• screensh0ot.png
    screensh0ot.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 33

miles_muso

Nov 6, 2008
London
Changing unread email count from gmail to other email

As far as I'm aware, this CAN'T BE DONE! It's a limitation of Android, not Themer. Android links itself to your gmail account, and it will only report unread emails in that account, not any other. The two ways around this are:

(a) forward all your non-gmail messages to your gmail account by adding your hotmail/yahoo/whatever account to gmail (you can do this within gmail on your phone, or from your PC). This is the 'elegant' solution but it does mean that ALL your emails will be a the mercy of Google

or

(b) as you're building your own theme, just find the simplest widget you can for yahoo/hotmail/whoever, put the widget on your homescreen and use some clever masking (such as allow overlapping widgets??) to display only the numeric character. Not sure how you'd go about changing the font size.

You might want to look at Tesla Unread which displays unread emails on little badge icons, or browse xda's main Android forums for info on email count widgets.

BTW, I'm no expert so please don't ask me anything technical - I've just researched this problem before and I remember some of the replies I got from clever people. ;)

mcwurth

Apr 14, 2013
sollefteå
Samsung Galaxy A21s
As far as I'm aware, this CAN'T BE DONE! It's a limitation of Android, not Themer. Android links itself to your gmail account, and it will only report unread emails in that account, not any other. The two ways around this are:

(a) forward all your non-gmail messages to your gmail account by adding your hotmail/yahoo/whatever account to gmail (you can do this within gmail on your phone, or from your PC). This is the 'elegant' solution but it does mean that ALL your emails will be a the mercy of Google

or

(b) as you're building your own theme, just find the simplest widget you can for yahoo/hotmail/whoever, put the widget on your homescreen and use some clever masking (such as allow overlapping widgets??) to display only the numeric character. Not sure how you'd go about changing the font size.

You might want to look at Tesla Unread which displays unread emails on little badge icons, or browse xda's main Android forums for info on email count widgets.

BTW, I'm no expert so please don't ask me anything technical - I've just researched this problem before and I remember some of the replies I got from clever people. ;)

Not exactly what i mean. this must be a limitation by themer as the word personal comes directly when i add "missed email". it simply says personal. even when changing the inbox/outbox/whateverbox of my gmail to anything else then the personal one it will not change the text and i can not change it elsewhere. i feel this is a themer issue and not from gmail as i can recall that with other themes it says email/ missed email

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
Not exactly what i mean. this must be a limitation by themer as the word personal comes directly when i add "missed email". it simply says personal. even when changing the inbox/outbox/whateverbox of my gmail to anything else then the personal one it will not change the text and i can not change it elsewhere. i feel this is a themer issue and not from gmail as i can recall that with other themes it says email/ missed email

Hi mcwurth,

That's Themer Everything Widget right? When you add the Email item, it shows Personal by default. To remove it:

1. Select the Unread Email item (that one you added).
2. Tap the "Unread E-mails Style" option at the bottom - Select Unread E-mail Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom - Deselect Show Label.

Alternatively you can use Themer Zooper Widget, which allows for much more flexibility. Hope this helps!

mcwurth

Apr 14, 2013
sollefteå
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Hi mcwurth,

That's Themer Everything Widget right? When you add the Email item, it shows Personal by default. To remove it:

1. Select the Unread Email item (that one you added).
2. Tap the "Unread E-mails Style" option at the bottom - Select Unread E-mail Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom - Deselect Show Label.

Alternatively you can use Themer Zooper Widget, which allows for much more flexibility. Hope this helps!

AAAAAAAHHHHHH thank you so much! this helped LOADS! appreciate the fast response!