[ROM][GT-P7100] Unofficial Android 4.04 CM9 (ICS Preview) (02/05/2012)

Search This thread

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
Last edited:

madchicosmina

Jan 18, 2010
i'm on rel 10, to update to rel11 do i need to flash recovery.img too, or rel11 + gapps is enought?

Thanks

Madchico

nuclear_man

Mar 22, 2008
Sofia
I have flashed and tested all releases (without only rel6 or rel7, cant remember :) ) and this is the best I think.
WiFi is rock stable as well as the tablet :) I'm very happy with this release!

SpenZerX

Dec 28, 2008
Hi,
i updated to rel 11,
I cant install youtube, it says version incompatible
And the browser stops loading often. But this bug is not new.

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012

I found that I had to flash the P3 recover image again when upgrading?
I am using the command
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

Will that install the flash permanently?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

No use the power button and Volume key to reboot in recovery...

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda premium

I am missing something. I use the power and left volume key to boot into fast boot or ODIN, how would I boot into recovery using the power and volume keys?

feraay

Dec 30, 2011
You can use adb reboot recovery

This should work for you

Gesendet von meinem GT-P7100 mit Tapatalk

nuclear_man

Mar 22, 2008
Sofia
Yes, fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery/recovery.img will install it permanently.

Then you may use: Hold power button/reboot/reboot in recovery :)

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
quick question: are the things that are crossed out working or is it just a design thing on the thread? ;)

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012
So I am not sure whether the indication of wifi signal strength is lower than on the 3.2 rom or if it is really weaker .... I have the impression that it is not as strong or stable

Also my 3g, hdspa or whatever the mobile flavour is, is not working. When I do a search for networks - nada, nothing. There is no indication of a connected mobile network either. And APN info list is empty.

I did receive a SMS though ... any ideas?

Edit: I am using the 7500 modem image

Last edited:

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012
new test:
http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p3/

kernel: touchscreen, rtc, display controller (fix charge bug which impacted wakeup of screen), vpn (l2tp only over 3g at this time, pptp no mppe over wifi at this time; your mileage may vary).
rom: current CM

I installed this snapshot and was pleased to see the mobile network operator name displayed but as soon as I switch wifi off the mobile network (3g) seems to switch off as well ...

What am I missing? Anything that I can provide that will help to narrow it down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am please to announce an unofficial build of Android 4.04 (CM9), Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) for the Galaxy Tablet 10.1v (the forgotten one), GT-P7100.

PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS

You do this at you own risk. I cannot be held responsible if you brake something.

This is an alpha build, what does that mean?

• It is not feature complete.
    • It will contain bugs.
    • It will not have everything working 100%, do not complain about something is not working.

What is not working:

• Camera
    • Tether
    • Battery usage data
    • When trying to unlock tablet the touch screen sometimes does not respond. When you press lock (power) it just dims screen. Let the tab go to sleep itself and try it again. Keep doing until it works, it does sometimes take a while to get back, or force hard reboot.
    • Screens flashes to black when you login to tab
    • If you have flashed a 7500 modem to your TAB the signal strength will not work correctly. (working on a fix, I hope)

What is working:

• 3g
    • Wifi
    • HQ Youtube video’s
    • Android

Install instructions:

• You need root
    • Backup your current tablet via CWM/Recovery
    • Copy files onto your tab.
    • You need to install a new recovery.img via fastboot , you should know how to get into bootloader to do fastboot by now, if not see instructions above for root: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img
    • Reboot into recovery,
    • Wipe/Data reset (very important)
    • Wipe Cache
    • Flash ROM,
    • Flash GAPPS.
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy!
    • Thanks to the flowing people:

Pershoot - Kernel work, Device tree, All around guru, etc. He assisted me a lot.
    The CyanogenMod team for the wonderful cm9 experience.
    Makbil - Assisting with testing.
    Codeworx for pointing me in the right direction to get 3g working.
    Seo, He assisted me a lot.
    If I missed someone let me know.
    The Wife and kids, putting up with me with all my late nights.

changelog: 02/05/2012
    • Latest CM9 upstream changes
    • Latest kernel fixes from pershoot, including SoD.

changelog: 02/04/2012
    • CM9 Android 4.04 update
    • Latest kernel fixes from pershoot

changelog: 30/03/2012
    • core: remove extraneous wifi fw - pershoot
    • overlay: fix tether when using NL80211/HOSTAPD - pershoot
    • core: remove extraneous libnv/axf files - pershoot
    • Kernel Changes: - pershoot
      [**]defconfig: ics: enable remaining PPP options and L2TP
      [**]net: backport/sync l2tp with moto's 2.6.39
      [**]net: backport/sync *ppp* with moto's 2.6.39
      [**]sdio: optimized SDIO IRQ handling for single irq
      [**]defconfig: ics: set TUN to be in-built and BROADCOM_WIFI_RESERVED_MEM
      [**]wireless: bcmdhd: use wlan_mem_prealloc for CUSTOMER_HW_SAMSUNG
      [**]video: tegra-ics: sync with ASUS's TF101 ICS kernel source
      [**]cfg80211: fix a crash in nl80211_send_station
      [**]nl80211/cfg80211: Make addition of new sinfo fields safer
      [**]cfg80211/nl80211: Send AssocReq IEs to user space in AP mode
      [**]cfg80211: Add nl80211 event for deletion of a station entry
      [**]wireless: bcmdhd: import bcmdhd from I-9100 (GSII) Update
      [**]wireless: bcmdhd: import wlan_gpio from bcm4330, remove OOB_INTR_ONLY and RDWR_MACADDR (to BCM4330)
      [**]Bluetooth: bnep: Fix bad ether addresses
      [**]media: video: avp-ics: backport/sync with nvidia's 3.1
      [**]media: fix corner case in tegra_mediaserver
      [**]arm: tegra (partial): fix numerous warnings
      [**]defconfig: ics: enable CFG80211
    • Latest upstream cm9 Changes as of 28 March 2012

changelog: 20/03/2012

• pershoot - kernel fixes(wifi)

changelog: 18/03/2012

• kernel fixes/enhancements
    • core: switch to ASUS's TF101, 9.2.1.11 ICS libs/fw
    • core: remove extraneous wifi fw
    • network: change to in-build broadcom bundled FW for STA/P2P
    • bootanim: set BOARD_CACHE_BOOTANIM
    • network: wifi: switch to in-build broadcom bundled FW for AP
    • core: remove extraneous wifi fw
    • Latest CM9 upstream fixes/enhancements

For Updates:
    YOU NEED TO REFLASH GAPPS.
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE AGAIN!

The download link Note: I will keep the same link I will just update it.

Test ROM's available from here: http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p3/. Pershoot is providing them. They will disappear from time to time, meaning he is building new test versions. Deal with it. :D
    in reference to tether,
    im still working on the needed bits for that to properly happen (hostapd via nl80211). unfortunately as of right now, it will have to be ad-hoc/softap (wext). wireless tether should be able to do this.

i have a newer wifi module which will be submitted for review this week. this should enhance wifi (throughput, reliability, etc.).
    New version, with 3g Tether fix.

New Wifi driver thanks to pershoot.

Upstream cm9/changes/enhancements.

Enjoy.
    can you all pls test this wifi module:

turn off wifi
    adb root
    adb remount

download this: http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/kernels/2636/test/p4wifi/ics/bcmdhd.ko

adb push bcmdhd.ko /system/lib/modules
    turn on wifi
    Thanks for this explanation isimobile.

So basically we need to look for an ICS camera lib for the Tegra 2 specifically?

So my investigation leads to the following devices that use a Tegra 250 T20 chipset:
    Acer Iconia Tab A100, A200 and A500, Asus Slider, LG Optimus Pad, Avionic Design Tamonten Processor Board, Exper EasyPad, Notion Ink Adam tablet, Olivetti OliPad 100, Point of View Mobii 10.1, ViewSonic G Tablet, Motorola Xoom, Toshiba AC100, Toshiba Folio 100, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, Advent Vega, Hannspree Hannspad, Aigo n700, CompuLab Trim-Slice nettop, Dell Streak 7, E-Noa Interpad, Malata Tablet Zpad, MSI 10-inch (250 mm) tablet, Toradex Colibri Tegra 2, Toshiba Thrive tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, T-Mobile G-Slate, Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet, Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet L510, Dell Streak Pro, Zyrex Onepad SP1110, Zyrex Onepad SP1113G, Sony Tablet S

=> The Motorola Xoom is for example in this list and received an ICS upgrade (and more importantly, the back and front camera work on it).

When I look at the camera specs for this device:
    BACK CAM : 5 MP
    FRONT CAM : 2 MP

Maybe we could use this camera lib from this ROM? Maybe we could get at least the front camera to work if we're lucky.

I've extracted this ROM for the Motorola Xoom and taken the lib's for the camera from it.
    I've then replaced the /system/lib/libcamera_client.so, /system/lib/libcameraservice.so, /system/lib/libnvmm_camera.so, /system/lib/hw/camera.goldfish.so, /system/lib/hw/camera.stingray.so with the ones from the Xoom ROM. Is this enough or do I need other files as well?

When I start the camera it doesn't say that it can't connect to the camera anymore like previously, but the app crashes a little while later. I've attached a logcat for investigation. Someone an idea? We need a kernel modification?

Here is how I tried to get it working, maybe it will help others as well:

I took camera.tegra.so which I got from the Nvidia Tegra ventana official libs and pushed it to /system/lib/hw/.

Then I pushed nvcamera.conf , a text file, to /system/etc/. This file contains the config for the camera.

Our backcamera is a IMX073 and our front camera is s5k5bbgx. So you just need replace the values inside this file for mapping like below:

Code:
    # format, cameraName=device,direction,orientation,type
    # type can be 'stereo' for stereo capable, 'mono' for not stereo capable,
    # 'usb' to enable searching for a usb device and where to put it in the list
    #  if found.  Lines must be shorter then 256 characters
    version=1
    camera0=/dev/imx073,back,0,mono
    #camera1=/dev/ov5650,back,0,mono   // 2nd camera for stereo once supported
    camera1=/dev/os5k5bbgx,front,0,mono
    #camera4=/dev/ov5650,back,0,stereo   // virtual stereo device once supported

I only used the two files.

The camera then loaded in the log.

Then if you open the camera app it opens but FC's.

So then I looked in logs.

I cannot remember exactly the errors in the logs, but if I remember it was complaining about reading sensors from the camera and then it failed, that is how far I got. I then spend a couple of days trying to figure it out but then gave up.

What I learned from all this investigation is that libcamera.so from the hc3.01, which we used on the 7500 roms to get camera working, is actually tegra.camera.so that Samsung have recompiled with their specific stuff in for IMX073 camera. Well that is my assumption in any case and one other libnv*_video.so lib, cannot remember which one, contains a reference to the camera IMX073.

So that is why am saying, this is only my research I could be wrong, is that we need the sourcecode of the nv tegra stuff to get it working, I would be glad if I am wrong but nothing so far has pointed me in any other direction.

If you look at all the other devices that have the tegra chip in them none of them have a working camera except for those with a leaked ICS rom. Unless it changed in the last month.

[Edit1]
    About Kernel, the kernel has the drivers compiled in for the camera, so I do not think any kernel work is required, but again I could be wrong. ;)

Hope all this helps.