[APP] X-Link - Zero Setup File Transfer

Search This thread

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
Whilst running either the stock Froyo or a lot of MIUI Gingerbread ROMs on my Motorola Defy, X-link has always worked fine for exchanging files between it and my Win7 64-bit notebook, but since I flashed eppy's ICS 07.05 build on my phone, my notebook can't detect my it anymore. Hope you get some time to keep it up.

Thanks, anyway.

Have you tried some of the troubleshooting tips yet?

99% of the time, the issue is not in the app. It's very likely the issue is in the ROM you're using and you'll have to take it up with the ROM chef.

acid-world

Sep 26, 2010
Hi,

i run "java -jar XLinkClient.jar" and the client connects to the false network-adapter.

Is it possible to connect to a other adapter with a other ip?

The output at console looks like:
Connecting: 192.168.233.1/4501

but the right ip must be:
192.168.178....../4501

thx for help

acid-world

Sep 26, 2010
my local ethernet adapters are (from ipconfig):

adapter one: 192.168.178.... (my wlan)
adapter two: 192.168.233.... (vmware1)
atapter three: 192.168.217.... (vmware2)

the result of java execution with xlink tar is:
Connecting: 192.168.233..../4501

so i think xlink use the false adapter.
is it possible to set the adapter/ip with a commandline argument?

devex

Jun 30, 2010
Tethering conection???

Hello!

I've been testing this amazing application and is better than I could imagine. I was thinking it might be nice to add other functionality such as the ability to connect devices via tethering (no wifi), because sometimes there is no wifi anywhere. Also wanted to ask if the application detects if files already exist, because it would not be bad to have the option to automatically synchronize folders between certain devices. I know maybe I'm asking too much:p:eek:, but to find an application that believed there was no I was a little excited ...
Greetings and thanks for your work.:good::fingers-crossed:

Madakite

Mar 5, 2009
No send video

Hello
I try to send files from my galaxy s2 mp4 or 3gp video and I get this message "no files to upload" with video in flv format if you send.
some solution?
thanks
PD: solved

Last edited:

tshelby73

Dec 18, 2011
Gillette
I'm having problem, This app used to work fine. I changed my router to netgear and now I can only send to PC but PC app doesn't see phone.

gurpal2000

Dec 29, 2012
On the point of multiple adapters present on machines, this is perfectly possible. The app can bind to the "wrong" interface/IP. Are you enumerating through the IPs and just binding to the first one that appears? You could provide a list of IP addresses detected and then get the user to bind to the one that makes sense. An example of an app that does this is HFS (http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=ss&id=3) see the "IP address" menuitem.

hope this helps

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The app I would like to present is called X-Link and is intended to make file transfers between devices (Android or PC) easy.

It's using multicasts to find other clients within the same WiFi network.
    So no setup ist needed.

In addition to the Android app there is also a Java based PC client available.
    This client has been tested on Linux and Windows but might work on other configurations.

The full description and a short video can be found on the Android Market page:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=de.fun2code.android.xlink

You can not only transfer files between PC and Android but also between Android devices.

This is beta software, so there are still bugs.
    Please report them in this thread. I'll have a look as soon as I find time and will contact some of you to get things fixed.

There are surely some timing (and timeout) problems which need some attention.
    Make sure your router supports multicasts.

Please post comments, I'll try to read them all :)

Link to PC client
    http://www.fun2code.de/downloads/xlink/XLinkClient.jar

Copying of directories
    Supported since 0.8.4 beta.

Testing and how you can help

Multicast test
    To test if your network is able to deal with multicast messages you can do the following test:

1. Download the file MulticastSender.jar and MulticastReceiver.jar.
    2. On one PC start the MulticastSender.jar and on another the MulticastReceiver.jar.

The sender sends screenshots. If you see the screenshots on the receiver's side, multicasts are working for you.
    If not, X-Link will not work.

If this works but X-Link doesn't it's likely that there is a problem concerning timeouts within X-Link.
    In this case, please send me a mail (xlink [at] fun2code.de).

If sharing on Android does not work
    Sharing does not seem to be working in some apps.

If you encounter such a problem, please download the app XLinkDebug.apk and install it.
    Use sharing as you normally would with X-Link but select X-Link Debug instead.
    On execution the app will copy the information needed for me to fix the issue to the clipboard.

Please paste the clipboard into a mail ans send it to the following address: xlink [at] fun2code.de
    Thanks to all of you for testing!

The X-Link app has to be active on the Android device to be visible to others and for the transfer to work.
    If you close the app during data transfer, the transfer will break.

I'm glad that it worked for some of you. I'll do some debugging next week.
    Hope things will improve...
    For does of you having problems seeing other devices.
    You can do the following test.

Run the PC client from console: java -jar XLinkClient.jar
    Then try to detect you PC from the Android device.

You should see an output similar to this on the console:
    Connecting: 192.168.0.198/4500

If an Exception occurs there was a problem when connecting back to the Android device.
    If no output is visible, it's likely that multicasts are not working within your network.
    How does one send files from phone to PC? It does need some authentication things like previously stated.

With X-Link on/running on both phone and PC, just share a file from your phone (via whatever file manager you use).
    Copying of folders is not supported at the moment.
    There are some things that need to be fixed first (stable detection etc.).
    It's on the list, but might take a while.