[MOD] Enable all toggles + unlock native Tethering for MK2, MJ7 & ME7 (1/20/14)

Search This thread

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I know ME7 users can still use the toggle but people using MJ7 and MK2 can't, so this just gets rid of the subscription checks for all 3 and allows you to activate them from settings menu. For stock ME7, MJ7 and MK2 tw based roms only.

Note: This does not remove the on going wifi notification. This is mainly for people who have issues removing the ongoing wifi notification

1. Back up your rom via recovery. Make a back up of framework-res.apk if you wish
2. Flash in recovery or overwrite stock framework-res.apk in /system/framework with this one (doesn't work with odexed roms)
3. Wipe cache/dalvik in recovery
4. Reboot device.

For ME7 Download here
md5:cfffef0080e6596c3329c38730ecb6ad

Edit: 1/20/2014

Enable all toggles + unlock native Tethering

If you have Safestrap installed and are on a MK2 or MJ7 rom/build you can flash the corresponding zip below and you will unlock native built-in tethering and also get all the toggles including the usually absent Wifi Hotspot widget. Both versions have been tested and confirmed to be work. This solves also enables all the missing toggles, not only the Wifi Hotspot toggle. Toggle issue = solved. If you don't have Safestrap then let me know, I'll write up a script to do the same thing if needed.

Devs/Modders/Themers - You can use my script without my permission and you don't need to give me credit. I don't do this for ego/pride I'm already narcissistic enough as it is.

MJ7 Tether unlock w/ toggle
md5:b382d98e112adc5e48c7b37b2bb4bd6a

MK2 Tether unlock w/ toggle
md5:12e3eab158521d355ddd3956f340cf70

Last edited:

CowboyNick

Nov 30, 2011
I know me7 users can still use the toggle, this just gets rid of the subscription checks for all 3 and allows you to activate them from settings menu. For stock ME7 tw based roms only.

Note: This does not remove the on going wifi notification. This is mainly for people who have issues removing the ongoing wifi notification

1. Back up
2. Flash in recovery or overwrite framework-res.apk.
3. Wipe cache/dalvik
4. Reboot.

Download here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Would it be possible to combine this with the removal of the ongoing WiFi notification? Since these both modify the framework-res.apk, it seems that they overwrite each other so I can only use one or the other when applied.

WiFi Removal Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2297213

Thanks,

-CowboyNick

Reactions: mshawn3

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Would it be possible to combine this with the removal of the ongoing WiFi notification? Since these both modify the framework-res.apk, it seems that they overwrite each other so I can only use one or the other when applied.

WiFi Removal Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2297213

Thanks,

-CowboyNick

Yeah it is but i believe someone made it already. I'll look into it, if not ill make one that incorporates both.

jhasty01

Sep 28, 2009
Can this be done on stock ME7? Has to be rooted though I'm sure..

Did you find the combined fix?

jhasty01

Sep 28, 2009
Any updates you are working on such as remove wifi notification? Could you possibly add more info to your steps such as location of framework-res.apk and how to back it up / replace it? Think it would help some users (I can figure it out but would be helpful to have it for everyone who reads OP)

Thx

an21281

Any updates you are working on such as remove wifi notification? Could you possibly add more info to your steps such as location of framework-res.apk and how to back it up / replace it? Think it would help some users (I can figure it out but would be helpful to have it for everyone who reads OP)

Thx

The Download link in the OP is also not working, anyone have a mirror?

swhelchel0509

Nov 15, 2013
I know me7 users can still use the toggle, this just gets rid of the subscription checks for all 3 and allows you to activate them from settings menu. For stock ME7 tw based roms only.

This is not working on my rooted stock. I overwrote the file and the subscription initiation still shows its ugly face. How do I get this to work? Thanks.

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have a MJ7 build with a MK2 based rom installed (Foxhound). When I flash the MK2 fix in safestrap recovery it indicates that it is actually installing the MJ7 toggle/tether fix, not MK2. When I reboot I am hung up on the Foxhound startup logo. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I get a message that says something like another app is already running must be stopped before another one can be started and returning to %1$s or something close to that.

Last edited:

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have a MJ7 build with a MK2 based rom installed (Foxhound). When I flash the MK2 fix in safestrap recovery it indicates that it is actually installing the MJ7 toggle/tether fix, not MK2. When I reboot I am hung up on the Foxhound startup logo. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I get a message that says something like another app is already running must be stopped before another one can be started and returning to %1$s or something close to that.

It's still installing MK2, I just forgot to rename the script. The reason your getting errors is because foxhound doesn't use MK2 vzw files, it's based on a ml6 build I believe, just made to be compatible with safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It's still installing MK2, I just forgot to rename the script. The reason your getting errors is because foxhound doesn't use MK2 vzw files, it's based on a ml6 build I believe, just made to be compatible with safestrap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, Surge1223! Makes sense. I was hoping for an easy way to get a torch toggle. Everything else seems to work fine.

thevance1

Apr 8, 2011
Santa Cruz
Hey op, is there any chance of getting a mod that allows you to increase the amount of toggles in the status bar? Like 15 toggle mod? I've been searching all over for that. I'm on Verizon mk2 from jkruse (mdk bootloader if that makes a difference). Stuck with 10 toggles though. Sorry if I missed something obvious, but I can't find anything. Seems like there would be something like this around already. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mhannah3333

Feb 1, 2013
As for the MK2 version of this mod... Is the framework.apk edited from a stock rom? And will this work for odexed roms?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know ME7 users can still use the toggle but people using MJ7 and MK2 can't, so this just gets rid of the subscription checks for all 3 and allows you to activate them from settings menu. For stock ME7, MJ7 and MK2 tw based roms only.

1. Back up your rom via recovery. Make a back up of framework-res.apk if you wish
    2. Flash in recovery or overwrite stock framework-res.apk in /system/framework with this one (doesn't work with odexed roms)
    3. Wipe cache/dalvik in recovery
    4. Reboot device.

For ME7 Download here
    md5:cfffef0080e6596c3329c38730ecb6ad

Edit: 1/20/2014

Enable all toggles + unlock native Tethering

If you have Safestrap installed and are on a MK2 or MJ7 rom/build you can flash the corresponding zip below and you will unlock native built-in tethering and also get all the toggles including the usually absent Wifi Hotspot widget. Both versions have been tested and confirmed to be work. This solves also enables all the missing toggles, not only the Wifi Hotspot toggle. Toggle issue = solved. If you don't have Safestrap then let me know, I'll write up a script to do the same thing if needed.

Devs/Modders/Themers - You can use my script without my permission and you don't need to give me credit. I don't do this for ego/pride I'm already narcissistic enough as it is.

MJ7 Tether unlock w/ toggle
    md5:b382d98e112adc5e48c7b37b2bb4bd6a

MK2 Tether unlock w/ toggle
    md5:12e3eab158521d355ddd3956f340cf70
    Updated to NG6. I deodexd my phone prior to making changes so I am not sure it will work without.
    Nice! fw-res is always deodex (one of the only few apks that isnt ever odexed) good work!

Updated to NK1
    Can this be done on stock ME7? Has to be rooted though I'm sure..

Did you find the combined fix?

Yes this works for stock. I have been working on a lot of things, I can make the combined fix today or tomorrow.

The Download link in the OP is also not working, anyone have a mirror?

I posted a mirror in the OP.

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app