BatteryStatus-Plugin, DeviceLock and Overclock for XDA Neo

Search This thread
C

clown

hi ikarus, i'm having some problems on my htc hermes when i'm trying to charge the battery. the program somehow interferes with the phone's ability to detect a usb connection.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Hello again,

i've attached a new version:
- fixed: signal-strength/phone-status
- added: context-menu to select the tray-items
- added: context-menu to select the visible rows
- added: one-hand-navigation (needs a complete update without keeping the settings) with left/right/up/down/action-buttons
- added: tray-icon to turn of display
- added: WiFi-Trayicon should work on prophet (maybe it does also work on wizards?) without preloading driver
- changed: icon for devicelock (needs less resource, spare a notify)
- some minor fixes..

i tested the latest version, activating autoscale.

it's all right.
The scaling steps are most larger, and the scaling time is fastener!!

this version appear good!!
Hello fraant, glad to know this. i guess autoscale is not quite safe for this device, but let's observe it a while.

First of all, my compliments for this great app! Up to now, I was using DKToday (for network name and call/sms counter), but yours is way better. I'm now running at 260 MHz by default, and consider to testdrive your autoscaler version.
Hello Andre, thanks a lot. You're welcome to try cpu-scaling, but it's unstable on some devices...
Please report, if there are probs with Calltimes, because it uses now (as opposed to 0.03.201) a new reworked way.

If I may add something to the 'wishlist' for this awesome piece of software, it would be WiFi stuff like network name, signal strenght and connection speed. I use TodayWarrior for that now, but something tells me you'll do a much better job.
hm... i will think about that. Maybe a row which does only appear if wifi is enabled.
I don't know whether i do a better job or not hehe.
I think any developer do the best she/he can do, but it's always the time one can spend on a project. And of course how many testers you have for a project ;)

BTW, I don't mind chipping in a few euros for an app as nice as this. You deserve some reward!..
always great to read this and thanks for your donation :D

hi ikarus, i'm having some problems on my htc hermes when i'm trying to charge the battery. the program somehow interferes with the phone's ability to detect a usb connection.
oh, it should not do that. Can you verify this with BatteryStatus disabled?
We should look for the reason if you could confirm the former.

I am using Autoscale with my Wizard and I have noticed that if a use a minimum value below 143mhz I get screen flickering. Anyone else notice this?
yes, i also can confirm this. If there is anyone know how to fix this... please tell me...

regards,
ikarus

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
Tapping the display icon on my JamIn turned off the display for a second. Then the display turned back on with the unit non-responsive. I had to do a soft reset. Also Battery Status messed with the battery display turn off time. I had something else, but it was set to 10 seconds. It shouldn't do that.

In addition I'm in the process of recovering the registry from a backup as I couldn't deinstall the latest version of BatteryStatus due to stability issues. This was after the display matter described above.

More:

After recovering the only the registry and NOT enabling the display icon everything else seems ok. The WiFi enable from soft reset works correctly. I'd look at the display code...

Even more:

After more testing things are simply not stable. Turned off the JamIn while plugged into USB, or should I say I tried to turn it off. It didn't and was hung.

I'm going to recover everything from last night's backup and not reload this version. Too much fun for me...

Hello again,

i've attached a new version:

Andre Koster

Apr 11, 2006
Rotterdam
Hello again,

Hello Andre, thanks a lot. You're welcome to try cpu-scaling, but it's unstable on some devices...
Please report, if there are probs with Calltimes, because it uses now (as opposed to 0.03.201) a new reworked way.

hm... i will think about that. Maybe a row which does only appear if wifi is enabled.
I don't know whether i do a better job or not hehe.
I think any developer do the best she/he can do, but it's always the time one can spend on a project. And of course how many testers you have for a project ;)

always great to read this and thanks for your donation :D

I will try to look into the new version in the days to come. Your proposed WiFi row sounds cool! Instead of showing dynamically, it could also act as a toggle for switching WiFi on and off when tapping it.

And the money is sent... ;)

I also wrote a little review at the HTC Wizard Web.

Andre

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
I've updated to build 0145 with the mentioned consistency-checks for cpu-scaling.

Tapping the display icon on my JamIn turned off the display for a second. Then the display turned back on with the unit non-responsive. I had to do a soft reset.
Hello vsc, good report :)
By tap on the display-icon, it turns off the display and invokes devicelock. You can turn on the device with power-button. Don't know why your display turned back on that way.
Sometimes i use tcpmp (small footprint and best less cpu-utilization) and i want to turn off the display while listening to sounds and this icon helps me to do that...

Also Battery Status messed with the battery display turn off time. I had something else, but it was set to 10 seconds. It shouldn't do that.
Do you have the option "Backlight fix" enabled??
This is not an issue of BatteryStatus. It's related to Devicelock. If you don't use devicelock, then you should also not be able to check the option "Backlight fix". I know this thread is really long and hard to read any post, but i guess this is already discussed earlier.

After more testing things are simply not stable. Turned off the JamIn while plugged into USB, or should I say I tried to turn it off. It didn't and was hung.
I can't reproduce this. The device goes into suspend and come back without any problems while connected to usb.

If you want me to reproduce this, please tell your settings (Reg-Keys: Flags, FlagsExt, AutoScaleSet, AutoScaleSet0, RefreshRate, OmapClockSet).

..I also wrote a little review at the HTC Wizard Web.

Thank you :D

regards,
ikarus

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
I don't use device lock and I don't have Battery Status's device lock checked. That explains in part why I was subsequently getting a lock screen on wakeup. Didn't mention that in the post above...

Backlight fix is NOT enabled. In fact I have never enabled it.

I loaded the version from today rather than yesterday and created the attached registry dump. Note that I have been disabling, removing and finally installing Battery Status. Thus I don't upgrade over an existing version and preserve the registry / setup.

That said I can't immediately reproduce the instability issues. But the display icon still turns off the display, followed by the display turning back on with an unlock prompt. Note that device lock is not enabled when this occurs. I tried enabling device lock for what that is worth and the same behavior occurs.

I'll leave this version on my JamIn and continue testing everthing else.

If you want me to reproduce this, please tell your settings (Reg-Keys: Flags, FlagsExt, AutoScaleSet, AutoScaleSet0, RefreshRate, OmapClockSet).

C

clown

i can confirm the battery light turns on and charging resumes normally after i uninstall the software and soft reset. the interference with the charging seemingly happen at random when the program is running.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
So updated again with more language-support and also the project for BSLanguage with info-messages.

That said I can't immediately reproduce the instability issues. But the display icon still turns off the display, followed by the display turning back on with an unlock prompt. Note that device lock is not enabled when this occurs. I tried enabling device lock for what that is worth and the same behavior occurs.

I'll leave this version on my JamIn and continue testing everthing else.
Hello vsc,
great. thanks for the registry-settings. i will simulate your settings.
Regarding display-icon - i guess something wakes up the device after it enters the idle-state. Maybe it will happen to me also while testing.
I could add the option to prevent devicelock if display is shut off.

i can confirm the battery light turns on and charging resumes normally after i uninstall the software and soft reset. the interference with the charging seemingly happen at random when the program is running.
hm.. okay i will have a look at this. If you can find a way how to reproduce this, let me know.

regards,
ikarus

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
with the newest build i noticed a screen flickering with cpu speeds below 143mhz. can anyone confirm this?

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
Otherwise everything else is working great with on going testing today.

great. thanks for the registry-settings. i will simulate your settings.
Regarding display-icon - i guess something wakes up the device after it enters the idle-state. Maybe it will happen to me also while testing.
I could add the option to prevent devicelock if display is shut off.

More or less, but I can't quantify the speed.

with the newest build i noticed a screen flickering with cpu speeds below 143mhz. can anyone confirm this?

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
With the newest version application specific overclocking no longer appears on the pop up menu (today screen). In addition if I attempt to add a program from the Battery Status tab page, "new" doesn't add anything. Application specific overclocking is checked.

So updated again with more language-support and also the project for BSLanguage with info-messages.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
With the newest version application specific overclocking no longer appears on the pop up menu (today screen). In addition if I attempt to add a program from the Battery Status tab page, "new" doesn't add anything. Application specific overclocking is checked.
Hello vsc,

thanks for that late report :D
The context-menu provides you this only if you have used an application after leaving the options. Try starting the camera and afterwards open the context-menu. If there is still no menu, please let me know.

"new" is not a correct name for the button (need to rename it) hehe - this button clears all the input fiels.
In order to add/update a you must push the "add/update"-button.

hope it helps.

ikarus

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
I think I did this. In fact I did the same thing as prior versions. Basically I started an app. Hit start and selected today. Finally I did a tap and hold on Battery Status to bring up the menu. On this version the menu did not contain the application specific selection.

I just retested this. It doesn't work.

That said I reverted back one version it does work as I stated above.

Also I entered the program name into "Application Title" with the correct case. And the add button does put the app in the list. On the other hand when I start the app, the clock rate is not set to the CPUSpeed I used when I did the add. Is case used? I really think I have the same title as was added by the menu discussed above.

Hello vsc,

thanks for that late report :D
The context-menu provides you this only if you have used an application after leaving the options. Try starting the camera and afterwards open the context-menu. If there is still no menu, please let me know.

Ok I understand.

"new" is not a correct name for the button (need to rename it) hehe - this button clears all the input fiels.
In order to add/update a you must push the "add/update"-button.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
I think I did this. In fact I did the same thing as prior versions. Basically I started an app. Hit start and selected today. Finally I did a tap and hold on Battery Status to bring up the menu. On this version the menu did not contain the application specific selection.
Indeed, you're right. have optimized the notification away hehe
Is now back and updated :D

best regards,
ikarus

bala_shark

Oct 6, 2006
Lx

yes, localized version is currently in testing state. Version 0.03.201 Build 0123 does not support localization. It will be introduced with 0.03.300. Try the testing-version at first post of this thread.

As for 0.03.xxx it will stay freeware (also with language-support) ;)

All the new things coming with the testing at first post of this thread are subject of an extended version ( maybe version 1.03.300 ). For this i'm looking for a good way to provide it for 3 euro.
btw. which one of the stores are recommended? (pocketland, pocketgear, handango... ??)
I haven't enough experience with this...

allright :) i have an idea but not sure of the cause. Can you try the testing at first post of this thread? If it does work, then i know the cause.

ikarus

Hi there! hi instaled the test prog and so far so good, i havent any problems!
keep at the good work ;)

Feb 8, 2006
Qtek 9000 : Mobile Operator's Name is Cut or ...

Hi Ikarus,

I have posted a problem with my Qtek 9000 (VGA) with the name of the Mobile Operator wich is cutting in today page.(Show Plugin and Mobile Operator are checked)

When i checked center or not it's the same thing.

I tried the older version but it's the same things too.

Instead the informations on the second line are perfects.

When i checked Show Plugin, CpuSpeed, Mobile Operator,, it's the CpuSpeed which is cutting.

Each time I lost the 3 first caracters.

Thanks for your help.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
It's working now!

Application specific clock rates function when USB is active. Is that by design?
Hello vsc,
yes it's by design, imagine you're on ac and use your camera.
If there is a scenario where it shouldn't, then we can make it chooseable/optional. Are there?

I have posted a problem with my Qtek 9000 (VGA) with the name of the Mobile Operator wich is cutting in today page....
...Each time I lost the 3 first caracters....
Hello poisson-rouge5,
i've looked into that, but seems to be some kind of fine-tuning.
Before i do that.. can you post the following registry-key:
"HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name"

Also a screenshot would be helpful.

regards,
ikarus

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
I've installed the newest one (ver. 0.03.300 build 0146) and offcourse I kept the older one on my harddisk (it was good).
Question: how to establish Cpuscaling?

I've establish at the moment (I want a stable device):
Original CpuSpeed: 195
Set CpuSpeed to: 247 (when I establish at 260, it's not scaling)
Set on Wakeup: not

CpuScaler
min speed: 162

Can you give me an advice?
When I click on Extended, I see more values can you explain me how to work whit and the thoughts behind?

Some more questions:
- What do you mean with option 'Show Today-Screen?
- What do you mean with option 'Round Counter' and how to install?
- In the row of Indicators there is a green square with a value. What does it mean/show?

At option 'Devicelock' there is the option Backlight fix with a value options.
Is this for the backlight that always (at my device) turns on 10 sec.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good luck with the exams, although after seeing your skills with this project, i'm sure you will pass with flying colours ;)
    thanks a lot :D
    I hope i will make it, but i'm always being nervous in exams...

Your program work very good with me,but it can't auto scale the speed and can't change about LCD. It's good if you can add more option like those in your program :)
    okay... there are a lot of interesting suggestions for further additions, so lets see what comes next.

btw. are there any htc hermes (xda trion) users using BatteryStatus (beside the one i have email-contact with) and having issues?
    Also getting probs trying to download from website. Anywhere else I can get this?!

Ta....
    Wisbar Desktop And Batterystatus

when i use WISBAR DESKTOP it actually shows BATTERYSTATUS with correct data on meters, but every time i try to configure it, - a message that batterystatus disabled appears.... is it actually overclocking my processor while in wisbar desktop mode??
    did you do that as mentioned directly after the title (first page):
    - Copy CallLogs.exe to the same directory as BSCallTimes.xml

if yes, then i guess your xml-file is corrupt. The last 3 users having a corrupt xml-file tried to keep a big flat file by renaming and merging the xml-files. You should do that only if you know when an xml-file is well-formed.

Does that help?

I deleted the xml-file and now with a new one I can see the call logs of this period ... another question: Is it possible to see the call logs of a previous period? How? I notice the xml-files are backuped with the date appended to its name. How can I read this files? Thanks.