Lumia 800 really loud?

Search This thread

DigitalN.

Apr 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Just got a new Lumia 800 and updated it to the latest 12070 firmware and it's really loud. It was like it before, but it just seems like they way over power the speaker on this phone.

1/30 is loud enough that I can hear my music play from my phone a room away, when it seems like 1/30 should be barely audible unless it's fairly close to you. Am I taking crazy pills? Is any one else's phone like this?

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
It's a known bug in the 12070 firmware, there's not much to do about it, except rolling back to the previous firmware...

mikeycb

Mar 6, 2012
Auckland
I get this bug from time to time, sometimes with music and sometimes with games/apps, 1-5 is max volume, and 6-30 seems normal.

I usually just close what ever it is and open it again and it seems to be ok!

Annoying bug though!

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
If you updated via Zune it should have created a backup. For the CAB-Sender and flashing variants: You could reflash an older Version however it could void your warranty.

/rant/

Aug 1, 2010
I have this bug as well, but it only affects certain games and music for about 1 second after incoming calls. I hope the new firmware is coming soon... also, tethering?

vnvman

Oct 31, 2009
Alba
OMG just turn the sound down...is it realy a big problem lol
Not a big deal really but it actually IS annoying at times: the lowest step is way too high for when you need a really "quiet" notification, and the sound is messed up in some situations. E.g. If you're playing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit the last 3-4 steps are buggy because only certain sounds are played, and the sound generally stutters a little. There are similar bugs with other games as well...