Current status of rooting/custom Roms?

Search This thread

cc16177

Mar 13, 2009
So I just ordered an AT&T Note 3 and from what I'm reading it appears that I should be hoping it does NOT come with KK preinstalled, correct?

Everything I see tells me that if I'm on KK there is no current root method, yes?

Also, if I am able to root am I able to use the custom Roms available? I'm coming from a Nexus 5 so everything seems much more complicated over here ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

YrrchSebor

Aug 15, 2013
Los Angeles
yep, if your phone comes with official KitKat then you are stuck with that at the present time. if it comes with Jelly Bean, you can root and install ROMs but not kernels, so all the ROMs will be stock Touchwiz-based.

Reactions: cc16177

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
I'm coming from a Nexus 5 so everything seems much more complicated over here
It's more complicated not because it's a Note 3, but because AT&T (and Verizon) decided to kowtow to corporate interests and make something that looks like people can securely use their phone for both personal and business use (the "bring your own device" to the corporate network meme). If this phone is secure, bricks have larger holes than Swiss cheese (which is what the "security is like, it leaks worse than a sieve, but appearance and marketing is what sells products, making it more difficult for us poor users.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yep, if your phone comes with official KitKat then you are stuck with that at the present time. if it comes with Jelly Bean, you can root and install ROMs but not kernels, so all the ROMs will be stock Touchwiz-based.