Verizon galaxy s 3 battery life fix plz help

Search This thread

sgtkaufman

Jan 12, 2014
Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I'm looking for help fixing my galaxy s 3 battery life. It is running android 4.3. The GPS problem that others have experienced I am not experiencing. I'm not rooted. Everything is stock. I have a few apps disabled such as Google plus etc. I'm just looking to find a cause and hopefully a fix to my problem. I'm losing 1 to 3 percent an hour while idle. While in use I could drop 6 to 10 percent an hour. I am a moderate user. I mostly use facebook, music apps and web browsing. I also have sync turned off for facebook and Google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I'm looking for help fixing my galaxy s 3 battery life. It is running android 4.3. The GPS problem that others have experienced I am not experiencing. I'm not rooted. Everything is stock. I have a few apps disabled such as Google plus etc. I'm just looking to find a cause and hopefully a fix to my problem. I'm losing 1 to 3 percent an hour while idle. While in use I could drop 6 to 10 percent an hour. I am a moderate user. I mostly use facebook, music apps and web browsing. I also have sync turned off for facebook and Google.

Download wakelock detector from the market and run it. Also go into settings -> account and tab on location, make sure location reporting is turn off.

sgtkaufman

Jan 12, 2014
Ok I turned location services off. Here is a screenshot of wakelock what am I looking for? I also uninstalled the facebook app because I read that's a battery killer

Attachments

• 1389506114206.jpg
    1389506114206.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 80

sgtkaufman

Jan 12, 2014
Download wakelock detector from the market and run it. Also go into settings -> account and tab on location, make sure location reporting is turn off.

Also I don't know if this will help but here are some screen shots from a better battery stats app

Attachments

• 1389507472949.jpg
    1389507472949.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 75

SC-Claim

Oct 16, 2012
Mt. Pleasant, SC
I'm stock, because. I don't know how to root, and the 4.3 is a massive disappoint to me - the battery drain is extraordinarily high. 3 hours of light use drained 50% juice.

On the VZ forums, people are livid.

Samsung Galaxy S3

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
My bro experiencing lag on his fone after 4.3 update he also dislike clock widget on lockscreen.
He was experiencing crappy battery but after he install wakelock and deleted apps his daughter download his battery improve a bit.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I'm stock, because. I don't know how to root, and the 4.3 is a massive disappoint to me - the battery drain is extraordinarily high. 3 hours of light use drained 50% juice.

On the VZ forums, people are livid.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Heavy drains are from Google service stuff. Go into settings -> account-> location. tab on location and make sure "location report" turn off. If you have multiple account make sure you turn them all off. Then install wakelock detector from the market and see what else is draining your battery. Verizon stock is not bad on battery,

SC-Claim

Oct 16, 2012
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Heavy drains are from Google service stuff. Go into settings -> account-> location. tab on location and make sure "location report" turn off. If you have multiple account make sure you turn them all off. Then install wakelock detector from the market and see what else is draining your battery. Verizon stock is not bad on battery,

Wake lock installed, I'll report back.

Samsung Galaxy S3