fastboot remote: not allow

Search This thread

Deliximus

Jan 22, 2010
i spent countless hours to fix this prob on my gf's computer.

but create a goldcard, slap on the sappimg.zip onto it and you're golden.

gohan411

Oct 5, 2009
I too get "remote:not allow" when i try and apply fastboot. Im not sure how to determine what SPL version i have on my phone..Is this something on my phone or on the recovery image im using?

Could you list the SPL version for which you have this problem?
E.g. : HBOOT-1.33.0004 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G : CPLD-10

Jan 4, 2010
Flower Mound
Fastboot Remote: Not allowed

I have T-Mobile My Touch 3G
SAPPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
Radio 2.22.23.02
Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

I originally had root access back in December. Recently I've been trying to steer away from Cyanogen ROMS because I was trying out 2.1 on my phone and finally got a working Espresso ROM on there, but the programs were disappearing. So I wiped and did a Nandroid restore and a Titanium backup so I could transfer over my copy protected ROMS, upon trying to flash any ROM on my phone the bootloader wasn't allowing me to flash anything stating that all my ROMS were bad. At this point I wanted to unroot my phone and start from scratch. At some point I believe I may have flashed a Haykuro SPL on my phone but am not sure at this point, nor do I know whether Nandroid will change SPLs. I was running Cm 4.2.15.1 as a backup with no theme and I was coming from [ROM] {32a/32b} CR_Slide2G1 v0.06.2 Beta [5/2/2010]. I did do a backup and restore of that ROM as well and no avail, I was not able to get that ROM or any others running on my phone. I followed the guide of Unlockr to unroot my phone so I could start from scratch, and when I tried to use the Flashrec application, I cannot backup my recovery image, and at this point don't want to try to force the phone to change it''s recovery image without a backup. So here we go to try and downgrade my OS, which upon trying to apply a SAPPIMG to my phone be it .zip or .nbh I was getting the errors of the current version is older and all that, so I had to go the route of the GoldCard. So here we are.

This has been attempted from my XP computer, with the help of my Vista machine solely for the creation of my goldcard because my r reader doesn't allot for it to be a physical device in HxD.

When I type fastboot devices, my computer does acknowledge my device, when I tried the goldcard method, I'm not using a Kingston card, however I am not using a SanDisk either, it's Cube Memory I think, but as far as I can tell the goldcard worked. When I plug it into my computer, it doesn't prompt me to format it. and I checked it after the fact, and HxD showed I still have the saved goldcard information to it.When I boot to Hboot mode, it finds the sappimg.zip file and goes through the checking process. when the screes clears and start to check the zip, nothing happens and prompts to go to fastboot mode. At this Point I wasn't sure if this version of Sapp would be a short flash so I have tried to use fastboot, and I recieved the error message that I cannot flash remotely. Am I at a point where I can easily root my phone or do i need to wait for a new fix.

Just a side note even after I unrooted my phone the Swipe keyboard has remained on my phone, and to my recollection I cleared dalvik cache and wiped from Amon Ra's most recent recovery image. Here is my current information:

Model Number
T-Mobile myTouch 3G

Firmware Version

Baseband Version
62.50SC.2017U_2.22.23.02

Kernel Version
2.6.29-g023e5c9
htc-kernel@and1-2 #3

Build Number
2.10.531.4 CL119339 release-keys

I referenced it with my GFs phone which has never been rooted and all my information is different than the stock versions. Was this a bad file from Unlockr?

If you need any more information feel free to PM me, I do miss the root access and it has only been about 12 hours with out it lol.

Dale407

May 29, 2010
My Sprint Hero Has Build Version: 1.56.651.2 CL85027 release-keys

I've generated a gold card and tried the Downgrader, It dosen't see the phone.

Please help...

finolns

Mar 17, 2009
Any solution for rooting my Magic

SAPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.76.0010 (SAPP50000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-6.35.10.14

(Remote: Not allow)

I've tried to root it in many ways; none worked out.

Please help!

doronb

Dec 11, 2008
Remot: not allow

Any solution for rooting my Magic

SAPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.76.0010 (SAPP50000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-6.35.10.18

Diskb0x

Mar 13, 2010
::1
Have I stuffed my phone? Does a dev want it for testing?

ok I did a very bad thing and tried to follow the thread on here to install the Vodafone OTA 2.1.1 updates.

I installed the new hboot then radio and all seemed ok but when I tried the rom it failed.

Now if I boot I get to the google sign on page but have no internet access so can't continue. I have to manually configure the APN but though it connects I can't actually make a call.

To further compound my problem I now have the following when I boot into fastboot:

SAPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.261

This is stopping me from loading the recovery roms using fastboot boot RA-recovery.img as I now get:

After a lot of searching I've found a sappimg.nhb file which when I try to apply it gives the error CID error which I think means it's the correct file but needs to be put on a GoldCard.

My problem now is that if I type adb devices I don't get a serial number which is needed I think to make a GoldCard in the first place.

So, have I completely stuffed my phone up beyond fixing? If not can someone give me a hand to fix it as I broke this last night at 9pm and it's just turned midnight on the following day, most of this time I've been reading forums and downloading all sorts of files but failing.

**If this isn't fixable is there a dev out there who would like this phone to experiment on?**

Sorry for the wall of text and and help would be appreciated.

single

Apr 5, 2006
Cairo
you need to setup the ADB drivers correctly , then you can connect from fast boot. search for adb drivers.

Diskb0x

Mar 13, 2010
remote not allowed still

Thanks Single,

It's getting there. I've got the adb drivers installed on win7 32bit and in fastboot mode the device driver shows ADB Interface---HTC Bootloader.

If I try fastboot devices it shows up with the device ID but when I do fastboot boot recover.img my phone still says (remote: not allow) - my HBOOT is 1.33.0006.

However, if I try the wifes phone which has HBOOT1.33.0004 it works.

I've also downloaded the engineering spl 1.33.004 and tried fastboot boot hboot.img but still get (remote: not allow)

Judging by this it looks like I have the drivers setup ok so anyone know how I can change the hboot version from fastboot?

Is there anything else I can try?

Clutching at straws here,

Diskbox

single

Apr 5, 2006
Cairo
turn off the phone and put the engineering SPL on your SDCARD , rename it SAPPIMG.zip (you'll have to use a card reader or your wife's phone for that) and press power+VOL down , this should update you hboot. and i think after that you can connect to fast boot and flash the recovery image. good luck.

Edit: it seems you have a perfected spl . you should download the engineering SPL v2.53.707.2 (Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010), also you should put it on a Gold Card, and you can use your wife's phone to get the CID of SDCARD needed to create the gold card since your phone is not working yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diskb0x

Diskb0x

Mar 13, 2010
HTC 1.5 with no Internet access

Day three update.

I've now got a little further, thanks Single.

So far I've made a GoldCard and managed to get a Cupcake image loaded onto the phone along with a new recovery image.

No the problem seems to be two fold. The phone won't go on the internet even after entering the APN settings but I think that's because in about phone/status the mobile network type is set to HSDPA but I think this should read UMST (wifes does).

The second problem and probably the most important is that I can't flash it seems any other dream or magic rom now. If I do it freezes at the HTC splash screen.

My guess is that I now need to flash yet another radio image as mines 3.22.x As this was what got me into the trouble in the first place, which is recommended?

NOTE: Anyone else who's making Goldcard's might want to know that I followed the instructions to paste the hex info from the goldcard.img they email you to the physical card but it asked to be formatted when re-inserted. My fix for this was to boot using Ubuntu(any linux will do) and delete all the partitions and re-format as FAT there then boot back into windows and re-do the hex again.

(Wife now gets very nervous when I use her phone for testing)

Thanks for the help and support so far, think I'm almost there.

Diskbox

EDIT installing gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip didn't enable google apps either :(

Last edited:

single

Apr 5, 2006
Cairo
What's your info in fast boot now? what version of recovery are you using ? what new rom did you try and are you sure it's for 32B phones? did you wipe everything before flashing the new rom? try to flash the rom from a normal card not the gold card and see what happens.

Reactions: Diskb0x

Diskb0x

Mar 13, 2010
Hey Single

Thanks for the help and support over the last few days.

I've finally cracked this and have a working phone again with CM6.1, here's what I did.

The sappimg.zip file which I was using defaulted my machine to 1.5 and all the HTC settings. New splash screen everything. Problem was it wouldn't let me connect to either vodafones APN or get a 3G connection.

Finally after a LOT of searching I found a Vodafone cupcake sappimg file. As soon as I flashed this the phone reverted right back to my old factory defaults. Booting brought up a connection to vodafone and 3G connection so I could sign in and pull my settings back.

Once I was a t this stage I could then use the radio and hboot's to flash other roms.

I've left the image on the phone and now that I have a way back will try and roll back to cupcake, root it and see if I can get the OTA updates from them to 2.2.1 and retain root :)

Anyhow, a very interesting learning experience which has taught me a whole lot more about messing with Android settings., just hope some of the posts above help out the next poor sole.

Note for anyone else, this was all done using the GoldCard.

thanks again for all your help,

Diskbox

dasker1

Feb 16, 2011
Not allowed mine says too, DHD, i have it rooted and all but saw now iam having the 1.72.405.3, stil i have superuser access. SO wtf to do? Feels like this is to much for me. I want to put in the new gingerbread cus i have a revolution HD from february.

Sxyman815

Apr 18, 2009
Ok guys, so mine is a Mytouch 3G (1.2 with 3.5mm jack). So the problem started because i thought (as per hboot) that i had a 32A chip. I was attempting to upgrade my SPL to 1.76 and my Radio to 6.35, apparently those are reported "brickers" if flashed on a non 32A chip. So, i rushed my butt and i "fastboot flash radio oldradio.img" and "fastboot flash hboot oldspl.img" and then "fastboot reboot-bootloader", now, apparently i had fixed the issue as my radio now showed 3.22 and my spl was back to 1.33...unfortunately the phone would not boot to either recovery or regular boot, so, i decided to "fastboot erase system-w" "fastboot erase recovery" "fastboot flash recovery amonrah.img" (1.7 hero version) and then tried to boot to recovery, nothing worked. I finally decides to try an older spl (still 1.33 but a 2005 version), this time the flash proxess failed, "FAILED (remote: image update error), and then, i tried a battery pull and voila! Phone wont evrn get to fastboot anymore :( any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you list the SPL version for which you have this problem?
    E.g. : HBOOT-1.33.0004 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G : CPLD-10
    turn off the phone and put the engineering SPL on your SDCARD , rename it SAPPIMG.zip (you'll have to use a card reader or your wife's phone for that) and press power+VOL down , this should update you hboot. and i think after that you can connect to fast boot and flash the recovery image. good luck.

Edit: it seems you have a perfected spl . you should download the engineering SPL v2.53.707.2 (Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010), also you should put it on a Gold Card, and you can use your wife's phone to get the CID of SDCARD needed to create the gold card since your phone is not working yet.
    What's your info in fast boot now? what version of recovery are you using ? what new rom did you try and are you sure it's for 32B phones? did you wipe everything before flashing the new rom? try to flash the rom from a normal card not the gold card and see what happens.