Droid DNA boot animation

Search This thread

Hussainally

Sep 22, 2007
Could someone please post a zip file of the stock boot animation. Would really appreciate it. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Here. This recovery flashable zip can be used for multi purpose. In this instance It's packaged with the Droid DNA boot animations including the HTC bootdown. If you want to remove the HTC bootdown then you can simply "open" the zip I have provided (open not extract) by using 7zip which is free to download while you're inside the zip, navigate to system/customize/resource and you will see both animations in there. Delete downanimation.zip if all you want is the Droid bootanimation.

From here if you do get bored of the Droid animation then you could put any other compatible bootanimation.zip and it will change it as long as you don't change the spelling. It has to be bootanimation.zip :) you can also add any apk file (apps) you have by navigating to system/app placing the apk file in this loacation. Saves a lot of time if you don't want to stuff around with a root explorer. Close the zip after you're done and there you have it.

docfong

Feb 9, 2011
Arizona
Here. This recovery flashable zip can be used for multi purpose. In this instance It's packaged with the Droid DNA boot animations including the HTC bootdown. If you want to remove the HTC bootdown then you can simply "open" the zip I have provided (open not extract) by using 7zip which is free to download while you're inside the zip, navigate to system/customize/resource and you will see both animations in there. Delete downanimation.zip if all you want is the Droid bootanimation.

From here if you do get bored of the Droid animation then you could put any other compatible bootanimation.zip and it will change it as long as you don't change the spelling. It has to be bootanimation.zip :) you can also add any apk file (apps) you have by navigating to system/app placing the apk file in this loacation. Saves a lot of time if you don't want to stuff around with a root explorer. Close the zip after you're done and there you have it.

Thanks! Does anyone have the sound file as well?

docfong

Feb 9, 2011
Arizona

Nevermind, I got it from a system dump. Here you go OP drop these in the SYSTEM->CUSTOMIZE->RESOURCE folder and change permissions

You will have to rename the txt to mp3 before you move it on the device

Attachments

• vzw_bootup.zip
    3 MB · Views: 736
  • Droid_DLX_Eye_Animation_Sound_Design_9.21.12.txt
    139 KB · Views: 829

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
Nevermind, I got it from a system dump. Here you go OP drop these in the SYSTEM->CUSTOMIZE->RESOURCE folder and change permissions

Are these all I need and I'll get the bootanimation plus sound, I'm on Viper 2.0 ROM and have changed the bootanimations several times but want the Droid DNA bootanimation with sound?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

mk20051

Dec 12, 2010
Are these all I need and I'll get the bootanimation plus sound, I'm on Viper 2.0 ROM and have changed the bootanimations several times but want the Droid DNA bootanimation with sound?

Thanks

I still am not getting sound on my Droid DNA with the files. Is there anything we have to do special with the sound file other than change it to mp3 before putting it in the same folder as the bootanimation?

Hussainally

Sep 22, 2007
Haven't tried it yet bro... I am liking the viper boot animations so forgot about this... Have to wait for the owners who put up the files above

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

SCRIPTAX2000

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Well ask to the hatka team, they have the stock file in zip, and flash it, or tool rom box maybe have it i am not sure

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
I knew it had to be something simple I was forgetting... Thanks! Any tip to get the sound working with the animation also?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using XDA Premium HD app

Glad u got that corrected and no on the sound cuz that's the one and only issue I still have, I've renamed it android_audio.mp3 also android_boot.mp3 and even what it's actually named under scripts using Root Explorer (htc_boot.mp3) with no luck plus have been all over this forum asking the same question about sound with no conclusive reasoning?:(:thumbdown: sorry

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
Glad u got that corrected and no on the sound cuz that's the one and only issue I still have, I've renamed it android_audio.mp3 also android_boot.mp3 and even what it's actually named under scripts using Root Explorer (htc_boot.mp3) with no luck plus have been all over this forum asking the same question about sound with no conclusive reasoning?:(:thumbdown: sorry

I think it's going to depend on which ROM you're running as to what sound file is needed. For Viper ROM it is the system/customize/resource/htc_boot.mp3. I would suggest looking at the Permissions of the mp3 file. start out setting them to rw- r-- r--.

Let me know if this works out for you. I've thought about doing some boot ani's with sound, but haven't had time to try yet.

Reactions: TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
I think it's going to depend on which ROM you're running as to what sound file is needed. For Viper ROM it is the system/customize/resource/htc_boot.mp3. I would suggest looking at the Permissions of the mp3 file. start out setting them to rw- r-- r--.

Let me know if this works out for you. I've thought about doing some boot ani's with sound, but haven't had time to try yet.

I've changed it all now comes the reboot, I'll let u know and I can't wait till u do write up a guide.:thumbup:

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Ur a GENIUS bro, thanks IT WORKED!! :thumbup::):beer:

djsnake210

Jul 6, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
www.tech210.com
Actually it looks like it may have more to do with the naming of the folders within the boot animation. I'm downloading Virtuous ROM now to take a look at how their boot animation is setup.

If you have an XML Editor you can look in /system/customize/CID/default.xml. about 3/4 of the way through the file there is a section that lists which files are used for boot up and boot down.

For instance here is what it says in the default.xml from the stock rooted dna rom:

-<BootConfiguration><BootAnimation audiostart="vzw" audio="/system/customize/resource/Droid_DLX_Eye_Animation_Sound_Design_9.21.12.mp3" animation="/system/customize/resource/vzw_bootup.zip"/></BootConfiguration>-<ShutdownConfiguration><ShutdownAnimation fps="10" image="" image_png="/system/customize/resource/hTC_downanimation.zip"/></ShutdownConfiguration>

Notice the audiostart="vzw". If you look in the desc.txt file within the stock boot animation file it looks like this:

1080 1920 30
p 1 15 android
p 1 30 vzw

Here is a quick description of each row in the desc.txt file:

1080 1920 30 >> 1080x1920 Resolution, 30 Frames p/Sec as Default
p 1 15 android >> 1st part uses the images in the android folder and repeats them 1 time, then pauses for 15 seconds
p 1 30 vzw >> 2nd part uses the images in the vzw folder and repeats them 1 time, then pauses for 30 seconds. The folder vzw also triggers the boot animation sound as noted in the default.xml snippet above.

I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

In Viper ROM it lists the audio file, but there is no audiostart tag, so I wonder if it just starts playing audio when the boot animation begins

Here is the default.xml snippet from Viper ROM:

-<BootConfiguration><BootAnimation audio="/system/customize/resource/htc_boot.mp3" animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip"/></BootConfiguration>-<ShutdownConfiguration><ShutdownAnimation fps="10" image="" image_png="/system/customize/resource/downanimation.zip"/></ShutdownConfiguration>

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
Actually it looks like it may have more to do with the naming of the folders within the boot animation. I'm downloading Virtuous ROM now to take a look at how their boot animation is setup.

If you have an XML Editor you can look in /system/customize/CID/default.xml. about 3/4 of the way through the file there is a section that lists which files are used for boot up and boot down.

For instance here is what it says in the default.xml from the stock rooted dna rom:

-<BootConfiguration><BootAnimation audiostart="vzw" audio="/system/customize/resource/Droid_DLX_Eye_Animation_Sound_Design_9.21.12.mp3" animation="/system/customize/resource/vzw_bootup.zip"/></BootConfiguration>-<ShutdownConfiguration><ShutdownAnimation fps="10" image="" image_png="/system/customize/resource/hTC_downanimation.zip"/></ShutdownConfiguration>

Notice the audiostart="vzw". If you look in the desc.txt file within the stock boot animation file it looks like this:

1080 1920 30
p 1 15 android
p 1 30 vzw

p 1 15 android >> 1st part uses the images in the android folder and repeats them 1 time, then pauses for 15 seconds
p 1 30 vzw >> 2nd part uses the images in the vzw folder and repeats them 1 time, then pauses for 30 seconds. The folder vzw also triggers the boot animation sound as noted in the default.xml snippet above.

I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

In Viper ROM it lists the audio file, but there is no audiostart tag, so I wonder if it just starts playing audio when the boot animation begins

-<BootConfiguration><BootAnimation audio="/system/customize/resource/htc_boot.mp3" animation="/system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip"/></BootConfiguration>-<ShutdownConfiguration><ShutdownAnimation fps="10" image="" image_png="/system/customize/resource/downanimation.zip"/></ShutdownConfiguration>

Nice eye bro, it works now like I mentioned but now this gives me more to work with when I go and play with 'Boot Animation Factory' and who knows I might come up with some good animations myself? lol:D:thumbup:

magicninja

Jul 20, 2012
Brampton
haha I don't have any kind of htc boot mp3....guess ima have to make my own.

what resolution should the boot animations be?

Last edited:

magicninja

Jul 20, 2012
Brampton
Its all done...I just grabbed an np3. Renamed it put it in its place fixed permissions and boom I have sound...just need to make the boot animation smaller

And I meant there was no start up sound on the phone previously

Reactions: TheCrow1372

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1080 1920 30
    p 1 15 android
    p 1 30 vzw

I hope this helps.

I flashed this but I don't get the boot animation. all i get is a white htc screen. I'm on Virtuous rom.

Did u assign the same permissions as the original bootanimation, has to be the exact same?