Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
I always do! Can't hurt anything!

BTW, mmuzzy, I found a set of gapps that's slightly newer and seemingly more complete than what's on goo, if you're interested. Here's a link, and I don't mind hosting them if you want to point people in their direction. :)

http://db.tt/unFNm8yO

Edit: FYI, my good buddy and fellow Team Whiskey (remember us from the Samsung vibrant days?) member SkOrPn just got his claws on a new N7, and I lead him straight to your thread. He's a good guy to have around. Always willing to help the rookies, and he can build the most rock solid jigs you'll ever see! Expect him to pop his head in soon!

Not a problem at all. I figured if someone found alternative GAPPs, more power to them. It just makes my life easier to standardize on the 'official' ones.

EDIT: we'll look forward to seeing him pop in... especially if he brings as much to the thread as you do. lol

Thank you so much for all your hard work. You are the best! :cyclops:

Appreciate it :)

Reactions: zombioptic

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
we'll look forward to seeing him pop in... especially if he brings as much to the thread as you do. lol
I think he just has nothing else better to do, that's why he brings so much to your thread... lol, I'm just kidding KD, I always wanted to joke around with a comedian.

Well man I drove all the way to the post office today just to discover they were closed. I was sooo looking forward to getting to play with this tablet. Been in ABQ since Sunday morning and now I have to wait until Tuesday, grrr... Oh well, I guess I better start downloading files in prep.

Lets see, all I will need is Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit? TWRP 2.4? And should I risk flashing BL 4.18? I dont mind using aosp so long I can apply a dark black/blue theme to it. Currently using CM10.1 and Cobalt on my Nexus S.

KD, I'm picking up several of these so I can tear them apart and put them back together and determine if I can offer professional screen repair/replacement service, screen lift repair and debricking services on this thing (I wonder if there are any engineering/manufacturing secrets I can put to good use?). Working over there on the Kindle Fires all last year has tired me out man, although these Factory Cables are selling like hotcakes still.

Anyway, after 5 years of messing with smartphones, I still have never used this so called "stock rom", so its time to make sure I can flash this as soon as the N7 gets here (although I need to keep in mind this is not a smartphone, smart tablet maybe, lol)... :good: I cant wait!

Last edited:

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
I think he just has nothing else better to do, that's why he brings so much to your thread... lol, I'm just kidding KD, I always wanted to joke around with a comedian.

Well man I drove all the way to the post office today just to discover they were closed. I was sooo looking forward to getting to play with this tablet. Been in ABQ since Sunday morning and now I have to wait until Tuesday, grrr... Oh well, I guess I better start downloading files in prep.

Lets see, all I will need is Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit? TWRP 2.4? And should I risk flashing BL 4.18? I dont mind using aosp so long I can apply a dark black/blue theme to it. Currently using CM10.1 and Cobalt on my Nexus S.

KD, I'm picking up several of these so I can tear them apart and put them back together and determine if I can offer professional screen repair/replacement service, screen lift repair and debricking services on this thing (I wonder if there are any engineering/manufacturing secrets I can put to good use?). Working over there on the Kindle Fires all last year has tired me out man, although these Factory Cables are selling like hotcakes still.

Anyway, after 5 years of messing with smartphones, I still have never used this so called "stock rom", so its time to make sure I can flash this as soon as the N7 gets here... :good: I cant wait!

Hey, welcome SkOrPn. :) I'm sure you'll have fun with the tablet. They're pretty great.

zombioptic

Oct 17, 2010
Originally from Philadelphia
Re: [ROM] [AOSP][WiFi] MMuzzyROM for Grouper - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

Hiya SkOrP, ol' pal!!! Yep, you can use a toolkit, or do it manually. Here's a really good guide:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1741395

I didn't flash the bootloader, and I'm running 4.2.2 just fine, but it probably wouldn't hurt to flash it either.

There is a kick ass themer named adbFreedom lurking around here somewhere. Super cool dude. He makes a nice black & blue theme for mmuzzy's ROM. I love it. I'm sure he'll get something whipped up for the new build soon.

GTalk me if you need any help unlocking your bootloader and rooting your N7. It's all really easy. You're going to love this thing! Glad to have an old friend in the neighborhood!

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Hiya SkOrP, ol' pal!!! Yep, you can use a toolkit, or do it manually. Here's a really good guide:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1741395

I didn't flash the bootloader, and I'm running 4.2.2 just fine, but it probably wouldn't hurt to flash it either.

There is a kick ass themer named adbFreedom lurking around here somewhere. Super cool dude. He makes a nice black & blue theme for mmuzzy's ROM. I love it. I'm sure he'll get something whipped up for the new build soon.

GTalk me if you need any help unlocking your bootloader and rooting your N7. It's all really easy. You're going to love this thing! Glad to have an old friend in the neighborhood!

Do we have working BT with aosp? Its been a long time since I've been off AOKP or CM, so I cant remember. I just need my Bluetooth GPS to work so I can take this thing camping/hiking with me. lol

Thanks for the link KD, you know me to well. Yeah I prefer the manual way. However that tool does look very useful, so I will dl it anyway (we have a God of a tool in the KF section KFFirstAide, designed around my SkOrPn Cable to make Noob lives easier). I downloaded TWRP already, but wondering if Goo.im will install it automatically? (as it did for my NS)

Man about 15 hours away to a new toy. I hope this thing works as good as I hope. The videos make it look insanely fast. Oh, can I OVERCLOCK???

zombioptic

Oct 17, 2010

Do we have working BT with aosp? Its been a long time since I've been off AOKP or CM, so I cant remember. I just need my Bluetooth GPS to work so I can take this thing camping/hiking with me. lol

Thanks for the link KD, you know me to well. Yeah I prefer the manual way. However that tool does look very useful, so I will dl it anyway (we have a God of a tool in the KF section KFFirstAide, designed around my SkOrPn Cable to make Noob lives easier). I downloaded TWRP already, but wondering if Goo.im will install it automatically? (as it did for my NS)

Man about 15 hours away to a new toy. I hope this thing works as good as I hope. The videos make it look insanely fast. Oh, can I OVERCLOCK???

The goo manager app will install twrp updates for you once you're rooted. If you use the toolkit, there should be the option to do everything at once: unlock bootloader, root, install twrp. It will probably be an older twrp, so once you're rooted and still stock, go into the goo manager app, click the menu button, and update it. Then start flashing away!!!

GPS works like a champ on aosp. 4.2.1 caused a lot of BT issues, but the latest update (4.2.2) is supposed to have fixed it. I'm on my N7 now with a keyboard, mouse, and speakers all connected via BT and everything is working perfectly!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

The goo manager app will install twrp updates for you once you're rooted. If you use the toolkit, there should be the option to do everything at once: unlock bootloader, root, install twrp. It will probably be an older twrp, so once you're rooted and still stock, go into the goo manager app, click the menu button, and update it. Then start flashing away!!!

GPS works like a champ on aosp. 4.2.1 caused a lot of BT issues, but the latest update (4.2.2) is supposed to have fixed it. I'm on my N7 now with a keyboard, mouse, and speakers all connected via BT and everything is working perfectly!

Edit: And yes, you van over clock! There are tons of good kernels. Morfic's trinity kernel and lean kernel are probably my favs, but this thing FLIES even stock!

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Edit: And yes, you van over clock! There are tons of good kernels. Morfic's trinity kernel and lean kernel are probably my favs, but this thing FLIES even stock!
Cool, I dont really need to overlock, I just need to change my settings, because. Wow, I need to say hello to morfic, its been a year since I have talked to him. Used to love the days when my Vibrant was his test *****... hehe

Yah for GPS :cool:

zombioptic

Oct 17, 2010

Cool, I dont really need to overlock, I just need to change my settings, because. Wow, I need to say hello to morfic, its been a year since I have talked to him. Used to love the days when my Vibrant was his test *****... hehe

Yah for GPS :cool:

Lol, remember morfic's "Manhattan project?" Hahahaha

cds36

Jun 10, 2010
Spokane Wa

Is there currently a way to back up multi user apps? Not quite sure if titanium does it or not but I don't want to loose other profiles info

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Is there currently a way to back up multi user apps? Not quite sure if titanium does it or not but I don't want to loose other profiles info

Multi User is still in its infancy, so I would not be to concerned with anything but the main account on the device for now, or until Titanium Track can work on it some more . The only thing I find on Multi User for TB is this below. Good luck and be very careful.

http://www.titaniumtrack.com/kb/tit...m-backup-howtos.html#multi-user-data-profiles

Reactions: mmuzzy

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker

Multi User is still in its infancy, so I would not be to concerned with anything but the main account on the device for now, or until Titanium Track can work on it some more . The only thing I find on Multi User for TB is this below. Good luck and be very careful.

http://www.titaniumtrack.com/kb/tit...m-backup-howtos.html#multi-user-data-profiles

I had never even thought about that being an issue since I don't have multiusers on the tablet. Thanks for the great answer SkOrPn (that's not easy to type :p )

dems86

Nov 3, 2012
Sacramento

Probably for the curiosity factor. I've used Linux a long time but I'm not a fan of Ubuntu's overall appearance. It reminds me too much of a dirty diaper.

Which flavor of Linux do you run?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Which flavor of Linux do you run?

Over the years I've experimented quite a bit with everything from SLS linux which was on 28 or so floppies to most of the big ones like Redhat or Mandrake, etc. Now I just keep the recommended earlier version of Ubuntu on the computer because it's what Google recommends. If I felt like fighting things I would probably run Mint.

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
I had never even thought about that being an issue since I don't have multiusers on the tablet. Thanks for the great answer SkOrPn (that's not easy to type :p )
Thanks, you can just call me Skorp... its easier :good:

Fuuuuuuuu....

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/tablet

Any chance you'll be fiddling with that, mmuzzy?
Oh lord, lol I can see KD now, multi booting Firefox OS, Ubuntu Tab and Android.

Probably for the curiosity factor. I've used Linux a long time but I'm not a fan of Ubuntu's overall appearance. It reminds me too much of a dirty diaper.
:laugh: glad I had finished swallowing the last bite of lunch before I read that.

Puzzlegirl

Nov 16, 2010
Southampton

Fantastic ROM as always, thank you mmuzzy :D Got it running beautifully with Franco's kernel :thumbup:

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Thanks, you can just call me Skorp... its easier :good:

Oh lord, lol I can see KD now, multi booting Firefox OS, Ubuntu Tab and Android.

:laugh: glad I had finished swallowing the last bite of lunch before I read that.

lol

Fantastic ROM as always, thank you mmuzzy :D Got it running beautifully with Franco's kernel :thumbup:

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know. Glad it's working well for you. :)

Reactions: Puzzlegirl

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Can I flash this rom using fastboot?

i.e "fastboot -w update mmuzzyrom.zip"

EDIT: I accidentally wiped data and all the files on the sdcard. I now have a perfectly clean N7, with no rom zips, no gaps, nothing on it and trying to figure out how to put the rom zip back onto the sdcard so I can flash it. I have bootloader 4.18 and recovery twrp 2.4 installed and working perfectly but I can not boot into the OS because it does not have one. lol, I would hate to have to download a stock image just in order to start over when adb and fastboot work already.

Any advice?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2 Official Source hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Toroplus, Manta and Mako.

----------------
    Features include:
    - Deodexed
    - Root with Superuser
    - Expanded Desktop
    - Quick Settings Mod (Kevdliu)
    - Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
    - Power Menu Screenshot (CM)
    - Play app auto restore
    - Lean and fast build from AOSP

----------------
    Downloads:

ROM - Download - 7/12/13
    GAPPs - Download

Goo.im

----------------
    Directions (Clean Flash)
    1. Wipe factory data/reset
    2. Wipe cache
    3. Go into mounts and storage
    4. Format /system
    5. Format /data
    6. Format /cache
    7. Wipe dalvik
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash GAPPs

Directions (Dirty Flash)
    1. Wipe cache
    2. Wipe dalvik
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash GAPPs

Tips:
    - Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
    - Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
    - To be safe, I recommend clean flashing with the Superwipe script. Especially if coming from another ROM.
    - If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery.
    ..Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
    Changelog:

July 12, 2013
    - Patch for Bug: 8219321
    - Patch for Bug: 9695860
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 19, 2013
    - Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
    Note: I had second thoughts regarding merging to a rogue branch

April 18, 2013
    - Merged in android-4.2.2_r1.2b (JER09)
    - Updated Superuser

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad
    - init.d support

March 1, 2012
    - Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
    - Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
    - removed AOSP calendar
    - Koush Superuser added

February 18, 2013
    - Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
    - Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
    - Added in binaries for 4.2.2
    - Stock 4.2.2 kernel
    Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release

February 2, 2012
    - Merged/Updated to JOP40G AOSP source

January 31, 2013
    - Restored Stock Gallery
    Note: Framework not changed,
    MODs should be unaffected

January 13, 2013
    - Fixed Pano Camera Mode (phones)
    - Added all Nexus 4 system soundclips
    - Changed default system sounds

----------------
    Add-ons (dates given when build specific)

adbFreedom's 1% Circle Battery (3/1) - Download

adbFreedom's Theme for Grouper MMuzzyROM (2/18) - Post

----------------
    Thanks to adbFreedom (our MOD go to guy), CyanogenMod, Kevdliu, Craig Gomez, SparkyXI, Blame2 and mcavoya. :)

----------------
    ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com/device/asus/grouper/
    ----------------
    ROM Update JB 4.2.2 JDQ39

February 18, 2013
    - Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
    - Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
    - Added in binaries for 4.2.2
    - Stock 4.2.2 kernel
    Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release

Thanks for being patient everyone :)
    ....Patiently waiting for an update to 4.2.2 JDQ39. :laugh:

Repo sync is slow going right now but it's cooking. Once I get the code it'll be a compiling marathon tonight.
    ROM Update

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad
    - init.d support

Have a great weekend :)
    Vanilla ROM - Deodexed

This isn't really a big deal since there are plenty of 4.3 ROMs but I use the N7 to test builds. This is the unmodded deodexed 4.3 ROM for the N7 for anyone that wants it. You will want to flash the SuperSU zip and I would strongly recommend not using the 4.2.x GAPPs.

ROM: http://d-h.st/oDf
    SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/342/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip
    Bank's test 4.3 GAPPs: http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps