Any stable ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rexian

Oct 22, 2006
I am currently running ancient cm10.1 20130604 nightly for last several months. I tried to upgrade a few times to 4.3 but had stability issues and went back to this ROM, which is more stable than others though power loss in sleep is still a concern along with BT.

Any recommendation on a more stable ROM? The Kitkat build looks juicy but my kid uses this tablet mainly and he gets upset if the battery dies too quickly or the system crashes :p

Thanks for any comments.

By the way, any way to see the partition sizes? I think I increased the system partition to 512MB before installing 4.3 but don't remember now.

rexian

Oct 22, 2006
Found Partition in Play store. Worked like a charm. I only have 393MB in /system and /data 3527MB. I guess going back to 10.1 restored the partition table as well.

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
Hi @scy1192,

I'm using CM 9 should i format to update to CM10.1 or just a flash?
Does the battery lasts long compared to CM 9?

I'd say flash it and if you have any problems, do a factory reset. No use getting rid of all your data if it's not harming anything, but then again there might be some odd thing that breaks when upgrading.

As for battery, I personally found it better on CM10.1 than CM9.

Prasanna_bng

Oct 25, 2013
Thanks

I'd say flash it and if you have any problems, do a factory reset. No use getting rid of all your data if it's not harming anything, but then again there might be some odd thing that breaks when upgrading.

Thanks scy1192. I'll try it tonight.

bchen_bin

Feb 29, 2008
How do you think 10.1's battery life? The wifi can wake up by itself after sleep? (it cannot in CM9)

Jul 6, 2011
I am currently running ancient cm10.1 20130604 nightly for last several months. I tried to upgrade a few times to 4.3 but had stability issues and went back to this ROM, which is more stable than others though power loss in sleep is still a concern along with BT.

Any recommendation on a more stable ROM? The Kitkat build looks juicy but my kid uses this tablet mainly and he gets upset if the battery dies too quickly or the system crashes :p

Thanks for any comments.

By the way, any way to see the partition sizes? I think I increased the system partition to 512MB before installing 4.3 but don't remember now.

I am using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450358, no problems for me

tgg05

Mar 2, 2014
stable rom

HI

I'm using CM11 Milaq and its very stable. There's still some things that aren't working. Like camera,Netflix version 3.x..etc. Buts its a very stable build. The best build I ever had installed that was really stable and ever thing worked, was evervolv CM10.2. This ROM was really good and stable I don't remember ever having any problems with it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @scy1192,

I'm using CM 9 should i format to update to CM10.1 or just a flash?
    Does the battery lasts long compared to CM 9?

I'm using cm11 by milaq. Its very stable and I use it as my work tablet

Sent from my TouchPad using xda app-developers app