[Q] do i need to flash an older rom before flashing to kitkat

Search This thread

JJSJJS

Jun 8, 2014
Redmi Note 9
I flashed the Omni rom and it's working great!

if i install a tool to root and unroot, would'nt it remove the triangle when i unroot it? (framaroot won't unroot it now with this rom, maybe there is an other tool which works with omni rom. I don't want to reflash it again with another rom actually as it works good now.

Radelos

Jul 3, 2011
Zlaté Moravce
Huawei P9
Huawei P8
well there is still an option to flash an unrooted kernel that is compatible and then try to root it, but dont know if it would remowe that yellow death from start screen caus i newer rly had that problem. Best would be to reset your download mode counter with an USB jig if all other options fail. Then you wont have any yelow triangle there. You may have to plug the jig in and start like this download mode a few times if it dont work on first :) its also easy to make one home, just need an mikro usb conector + rezistor 301K ohm.

JJSJJS

Jun 8, 2014
Redmi Note 9
well there is still an option to flash an unrooted kernel that is compatible and then try to root it, but dont know if it would remowe that yellow death from start screen caus i newer rly had that problem. Best would be to reset your download mode counter with an USB jig if all other options fail. Then you wont have any yelow triangle there. You may have to plug the jig in and start like this download mode a few times if it dont work on first :) its also easy to make one home, just need an mikro usb conector + rezistor 301K ohm.

Great !
Thanks Radelos. I also saw something like this on youtube with some resistors (3 in series) But it was not said from which pin to which pin it should be connected. Mostly such things are connected from +5V to a data pin or from a data pin to ground. I will google some and see if i can find it exactly.

edit---> ok here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-how-to-make-usb-jig-reset-binary-t1604707

Last edited:
Reactions: Radelos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i'm new in these things so have a few questions.
    Iwould like to flah thecyanogenmod but my galax 2s syas it is not a gt-I9100.
    So i read some things about removing the assert line from a script and so on.

Do i need to flah an older rom before the cm11 nightly?
    Do i need to flash the kernel first? or just use the latest cwm? (or rom manager/clockword?)

Can i reflash the S2 with an cyanogenmod kitkat version after i flashed it with an other kitkat rom for this device?

(still i did not succed to flash any rom to it)

thanks for any help !

First of all check if it g version or not.

To best of my understanding you can install it directly as far as you are rooted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    You don't need to flash an older version before KK. You just need KK compatible recovery. Or you can flash a KK compatible kernel, reboot to recovery and flash your KK rom.
    For choice of kernel -
    1. Gustavo's - I don't remember the version. Check the op.
    2. Dorimanx - you can try 10.43v100.
    3. Apollo - 7.0b Cm

They will bring the KK compatible recovery you want on your phone. Then after rebooting to recovery you can flash any custom rom as they are not locked by any carriers.
    oh boy oh boy
    i followed this http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development/kernel-lazing-safe-stock-kernels-t2293576

and now it is stuck on boot screen, can't even reboot in recovery mode to get the back rom back pfffff

what should i do now......even the usb cable aint working, i'm flashing to the external sdcard via an other phone and the replace the sdcard to the galaxy s2

thanks for any help :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

If you are able to go back to download mode
    1. Flash a stock rom via odin
    2. Flash a custom kernel via Odin. You might find some in the link you put there or you can search for hirox kernel. Remember, you have to download Odin flash able kernel and follow the op.
    3. Once you have custom kernel, reboot to recovery. Flash any of the kernels in clockworkmod mentioned in my previous post.
    4. Reboot to recovery. Flash your rom.

If you are unable to go to download mode try all the methods mentioned in the below link to bring it back to normal. It will need patience and perseverance. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/guide-t2345831
    :thumbup::beer::beer: