Help PLEASE random disaster

Search This thread

tradejak66

Apr 23, 2011
I was running virtuous primodonna. i wasnt doing anything, but my phone randomly illuminated with a black screen. i pulled the batter and when i rebooted it stayed at splash screen, then the screen showed random screwed up lines and all this. then it rebooted by itself and went to recovery. I've wiped my data and cache and dalvik but nothing works. i've tried restoring backups but it says that its failing to recover the system. please someone help

If no one knows. can someone please provide me with a rom that will brick my phone so it WONT BOOT UP WHATSOEVER. that way i can go to the tmo store for replacement? so they cant go into recovery and figure out i've rooted it. PLEASE someone

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
I was running virtuous primodonna. i wasnt doing anything, but my phone randomly illuminated with a black screen. i pulled the batter and when i rebooted it stayed at splash screen, then the screen showed random screwed up lines and all this. then it rebooted by itself and went to recovery. I've wiped my data and cache and dalvik but nothing works. i've tried restoring backups but it says that its failing to recover the system. please someone help

If no one knows. can someone please provide me with a rom that will brick my phone so it WONT BOOT UP WHATSOEVER. that way i can go to the tmo store for replacement? so they cant go into recovery and figure out i've rooted it. PLEASE someone

Let's not brick your phone intentionally just yet! :rolleyes: Try getting hold of a PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1 or 2.3.4, either works unless you want to root again, then go for 2.2.1). Boot into bootloader with the PD15IMG on the root of your SD, then let it update. If it doesn't and says Fail-PU, then you are bricked and could send it back to T-Mobile. Or you could try flashing another ROM. Hope this helps! ;)

Reactions: tradejak66

tradejak66

Apr 23, 2011
Let's not brick your phone intentionally just yet! :rolleyes: Try getting hold of a PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1 or 2.3.4, either works unless you want to root again, then go for 2.2.1). Boot into bootloader with the PD15IMG on the root of your SD, then let it update. If it doesn't and says Fail-PU, then you are bricked and could send it back to T-Mobile. Or you could try flashing another ROM. Hope this helps! ;)

tried that too..... and i dont want to send it back to t-mobile since they can still look and see its rooted. so yes thats why i need to brick it lol. please.

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet

do this: wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik

flash the original ROM (the one you have a backup of, but not the actual back up)
THEN restore the backup, it shouldnt get stuck at system anymore

i had a similar problem and this helped. hopefully it works for you

Reactions: tradejak66

tradejak66

Apr 23, 2011
Whoops. I think it's flashing a new radio then. Flash the radio just like you did with the PD15IMG and take the battery out during the process. If it still boots, I'll look into how to brick it lol! :p

I can't even access the recovery anymore. i have the PD15image thing pop up everytime so i cant get to the sd card whatsoever. i took out my sdcard then tried to access the recovery but it doesnt work

tradejak66

Apr 23, 2011
Actually, I think we've done a pretty successful job, because, they can't access the recovery, the PD15img keeps saying Fail-PU. the only thing left is S-Off, which i hope they dont notice >.>

mustk1ll20

Dec 29, 2010
Penrose
Get a 12v power supply, cut the end off and strip the wires. Take the battery out and touch the wires to the phones battery contacts a couple times. Replace battery try to power on. If it doesn't turn on your done, if it does try again. Tell them it was on the charger and shut off when you unplugged it and wouldn't turn on.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

fr3shmaker

Apr 30, 2012
I can't even access the recovery anymore. i have the PD15image thing pop up everytime so i cant get to the sd card whatsoever. i took out my sdcard then tried to access the recovery but it doesnt work

I had a similar problem when the splash screen got stuck last night flashing a new radio. I took the sdcard and plugged it in the netbook, accessed the root rolder and renamed the PD15IMG.zip so the HBOOT wouldn't read the file. It stopped the HBOOT from reading the file so I could access Recovery then reflashed my recovery file. I forgot to do the data wipe/dalvik before I flashed the radio lol.

tradejak66

Apr 23, 2011
OH GOD tmobile is out of MT4g's and i had to order one from HTC. they specificly stated they will make sure its not rooted and all that >.> I asked the woman what rooting was if that helped but obviously i dont think it will. Im pissed my pants when i heard that sentence. HTC is obviously more prone to finding root then T-mobile who will just throw the phone away 0_0

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
OH GOD tmobile is out of MT4g's and i had to order one from HTC. they specificly stated they will make sure its not rooted and all that >.> I asked the woman what rooting was if that helped but obviously i dont think it will. Im pissed my pants when i heard that sentence. HTC is obviously more prone to finding root then T-mobile who will just throw the phone away 0_0

and then youre gonna be waiting another 2 months to recieve the replaced/repaired/refurbished phone..

you could have just made it work instead of completely bricking it
its an HTC android.. very, VERY hard to perma-brick

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
and then youre gonna be waiting another 2 months to recieve the replaced/repaired/refurbished phone..

Yea its hard to permabrick unless you don't want to brick it from what I hear...:)

Sent from my HTC Glacier

tradejak66

Apr 23, 2011

your assuming that it was software that broke >.> it was most likely hardware since it broke in this manner and no flashing, resets, anything helped. and its 2 weeks btw lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

tried that too..... and i dont want to send it back to t-mobile since they can still look and see its rooted. so yes thats why i need to brick it lol. please.

OK since that did not work, place the PD15IMG on your SD, and when it is updating, pull the battery. That will brick it for sure (I think..). Press thanks if I helped.

do this: wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik

flash the original ROM (the one you have a backup of, but not the actual back up)
    THEN restore the backup, it shouldnt get stuck at system anymore

i had a similar problem and this helped. hopefully it works for you
    I've tried twice and it still boots :0

Whoops. I think it's flashing a new radio then. Flash the radio just like you did with the PD15IMG and take the battery out during the process. If it still boots, I'll look into how to brick it lol! :p
    Actually, I think we've done a pretty successful job, because, they can't access the recovery, the PD15img keeps saying Fail-PU. the only thing left is S-Off, which i hope they dont notice >.>

I think you're fine honestly. Good luck matey! :p