Search This thread

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
howdy

me my better half and i :) have 3 xperia devices and problems with wifi

i use xperia z, miss uses xperia t and we have xperia z tab

the problem is following

when one of the devices is connected to wifi others cant connect (maybe connects with limited conectivity)
so im asking for suggestions and solutions so more than one device can be connected to wifi at once. its been the same since the beginning so updating didnt break anything
and so far all devices are unrooted stock

my connection is like this

ISP ---> level one router ----> switch ---> wifi transmitter ---> xperias

ive already tried to change transmitter protocol and stuff on the phone but no success

hjalp

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL
Don't know the solution sorry.... But faced the same issue of my 2 galaxy note were in close proximity to each other.... One would connect and the other won't.....
I would try going to other room and then see if you can connect..... Not sure though sorry

Bande hain hum Uske

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
Anyone?

Indy@Xperia Z

Well I suggest use 5ghz instead of 2.4 less noises :silly: (solution suitable for Xperia z only )

1) using the transmitter will cut the bandwidth in half .
2)Make sure you keep the transmitter in about 25% range !
3) make sure that the transmitter are correctly paired
4) make sure the DHCP is on in your router
5) if you internet is cut off or limited connectivity then suggested solution is here _> http://www.wikihow.com/Refresh-Your-IP-Address-on-a-Windows-Computer
while all your devices are "connected"

I would not recommend using transmitter is not a efficient solution ! try to connect directly to the router

Last edited:
Reactions: indycar

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
after some trouble to get access to the access point (forgot login creds :D )
ive changed the settings so it uses 2.4 and 5ghz and now it should work
(tested once and 2 devices connected)

thx marco

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
router
level one FBR1430

wifi access point
level one WAP 6011

Well, it kind of difficult to say,

First I have attached for you a manual for your router http://download.level1.com/level1/manual/FBR-1430_UM.pdf
I suggest you read page 14 your setting should look exactly as in manual
You setting in computer should look like on the page 20

Furthermore look at the page 49 and make sure your screen look like
If the problem come back please post me a log please

Alternatively

follow page 5 - Factory reset!!

That is all what I can do :fingers-crossed:

Btw did you consider upgrading your router since it is kind old, (2007 release to market) is 7 years now. Over 7 year period technology does change a..a..a..a..a..lot. Meaning buying something fresh ??

Last edited:

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
Well I'm not the network administrator so it's not up to me. I could get new router but I would prolly hear bout spending money for stuff I don't really need :).

Maybe there is a problem with router and cough torrents cough I know my router is slow cleaning dead ip's and sometimes if I over do my downloads gets stuck and I have to reboot it

Indy@Xperia Z

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
Well I'm not the network administrator so it's not up to me. I could get new router but I would prolly hear bout spending money for stuff I don't really need :).

Maybe there is a problem with router and cough torrents cough I know my router is slow cleaning dead ip's and sometimes if I over do my downloads gets stuck and I have to reboot it

Indy@Xperia Z

Why you didn't tell me that in the first place, That's explains, Just reduce the swarm connection that shoud solve your problems! In your torrent clients. Once the torrent exceed the number of opened connection then the router will crash. Since your router is old and cannot coupe with the aggressive torrents client.

Your swam connection should not exceed more 25-30 for optimal work. Sir you want torrents -then buy your self a cisco EA4500.This router handle up to 250 swarm! (tested)

Simples

I am "not" an expert in torrents , This forum is for mobiles

Last edited:

indycar

Apr 10, 2010
Bohinjska Bela
I usually keep less than five but sometimes demand is higher.

Funny thing is this problem wasn't there when we had neo and s2 and later XT and neo

Indy@Xperia Z

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone?

Indy@Xperia Z

Well I suggest use 5ghz instead of 2.4 less noises :silly: (solution suitable for Xperia z only )

1) using the transmitter will cut the bandwidth in half .
    2)Make sure you keep the transmitter in about 25% range !
    3) make sure that the transmitter are correctly paired
    4) make sure the DHCP is on in your router
    5) if you internet is cut off or limited connectivity then suggested solution is here _> http://www.wikihow.com/Refresh-Your-IP-Address-on-a-Windows-Computer
    while all your devices are "connected"

I would not recommend using transmitter is not a efficient solution ! try to connect directly to the router