Pit Configuration

Search This thread
Oct 8, 2013
Orange County
Long story short, directly after installing Swap Internal Sdcard to External Sdcard my phone rebooted into recovery mode saying that it could not mount /Data & /Cache. This was on Cyanogenmod 10.2 (latest nightly) and I was an idiot and tried to start over and failed at repartitioning my ROM. Does anyone have a ROM configuration directory tree for a PIT configuration so I can recovery my phone?

Model is: SPH-l900
Recovery: TWRP

This is my last resort D:

======Update======== 10/09/2013

I've done a lot of research, pretty much summed up my options. Since I do not have a PIT configuration for my SPH-l900 I can either buy a hardware / software combo to repair my phone, throw my phone away, or risk taking it to a sprint store.

Also what device would I use to repair my phone? JTAG / RIFFTag? or ???

And also no one can make a PIT file for the SPH-L900 (16GB) ?

I have

Last edited:

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Just odin back to a stock rooted LJC rom and it will automagically repartition your phone back the way it needs to be.

Sent from my note 2 ya bish!

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Can you get into odin download mode by holding volume down and power? If so im 99.9% sure its an easy fix. Or you can try your luck finding a .pit configuration...

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Can you get into odin download mode by holding volume down and power? If so im 99.9% sure its an easy fix. Or you can try your luck finding a .pit configuration...

I have the PIT file somewhere.... just need to find it.
*Edit* Attached. Use this and MC2 and you should be all set.

Attachments

• t0lte.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 2,242
Oct 8, 2013
Orange County

Thank you so much, I was hesitant to PM you directly and thought someone else might have the proper .PIT file...

Did you just create it yourself using Pit Magic or how did you get that .PIT configuration? If you don't mind me asking.

I was looking for a .PIT configuration file because my ROM (EMMC) was corrupted, from my experience Odin only works with regular Custom OS .tar installs if you only have a working ROM (EMMC). I had to repartition my phone first... And I did look lol, I couldn't find a working .PIT file for my phone sadly and on top of that I tried to create my own but failed it hard. I guess it was a great learning experience because sprint looked at my phone and just said that they would replace my old one, and since I've had it for about a year they just let me keep the old one :D

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Thank you so much, I was hesitant to PM you directly and thought someone else might have the proper .PIT file...

Did you just create it yourself using Pit Magic or how did you get that .PIT configuration? If you don't mind me asking.

I was looking for a .PIT configuration file because my ROM (EMMC) was corrupted, from my experience Odin only works with regular Custom OS .tar installs if you only have a working ROM (EMMC). I had to repartition my phone first... And I did look lol, I couldn't find a working .PIT file for my phone sadly and on top of that I tried to create my own but failed it hard. I guess it was a great learning experience because sprint looked at my phone and just said that they would replace my old one, and since I've had it for about a year they just let me keep the old one :D

This one I got from a Heimdall pull.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

abbuyacc

Sep 27, 2013
Pit goes in pit slot, tar in pda.

I have same problem and tried to do things as your guy have shown: get the t0lte.zip and MC2 but the pit re-partition is failed after all just seconds after hit the start. Tried to do with several USBs but no help.
What should I do next? I can get my phone into ODIN download mode but could not flash the any stock ROM. I got the message :There is no PIT partition and if I attach file t0tle.pit and check the re-partition box then I got the message second after hit the start button : Re-Partition operation failed.

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Pit goes in pit slot, tar in pda.

I have same problem and tried to do things as your guy have shown: get the t0lte.zip and MC2 but the pit re-partition is failed after all just seconds after hit the start. Tried to do with several USBs but no help.
What should I do next? I can get my phone into ODIN download mode but could not flash the any stock ROM. I got the message :There is no PIT partition and if I attach file t0tle.pit and check the re-partition box then I got the message second after hit the start button : Re-Partition operation failed.

You should not need to repartition. I don't believe they changed to go to 4.3. What happens if you do just the tarball?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

abbuyacc

Sep 27, 2013
My meaning is try flashing the tar file only. Don't add the pit file or check repartition.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OH, OK... if so then I got the message something like there is no pit file. The phone if I don't do anything but just hit the power button it will come to a blank screen with nothing in it and you cannot control anything even power button and you will need to take the battery out in order to turn the phone off but I also mentioned that I can get into the Odin download mode and when you do the tarball (your term) you will get the message that said no pit file.

m5james

Aug 27, 2010
Did this end up working out for you? I've downloaded MC2 (4.1.2?) and another version (4.4 I think) and everything I try keeps telling me I need a PIT file. My phone is soft bricked where it'll go into download mode, but trying to go into recovery or booting it normally and it'll turn into a Poltergeist screeen and won't do anything - http://xdaforums.com/note-2-sprint/help/odd-semi-brick-t3082102

lm631501

Jan 30, 2015
New logic board and now the phone is good as new, thanks

I am in the same boat.

Woke up this morning and phone is on "Galaxy Note 2" screen. Does not even get past the Sprint and Samsung boot anims. Try to boot into TWRP to send some commands and disable Xposed, I did some playing with Xposed last night but when I went to sleep, I had done multiple restarts and tests w/ Xposed modules and all was sound. Put it on the charger and slept. Until this morning!

Not able to send and ADB commands to phone during boot.

I can get into dl mode with Odin but so far the recovery files I've tried to flashed have returned either FAILED or NO PIT PARTITION error.

Kchannel9.. so you got a new motherboard. Were you ever able to recover any of your data off your old motherboard?

Reactions: kchannel9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New logic board and now the phone is good as new, thanks eBay
    New logic board and now the phone is good as new, thanks

I am in the same boat.

Woke up this morning and phone is on "Galaxy Note 2" screen. Does not even get past the Sprint and Samsung boot anims. Try to boot into TWRP to send some commands and disable Xposed, I did some playing with Xposed last night but when I went to sleep, I had done multiple restarts and tests w/ Xposed modules and all was sound. Put it on the charger and slept. Until this morning!

Not able to send and ADB commands to phone during boot.

I can get into dl mode with Odin but so far the recovery files I've tried to flashed have returned either FAILED or NO PIT PARTITION error.

Kchannel9.. so you got a new motherboard. Were you ever able to recover any of your data off your old motherboard?