Z2 Root Exploit

Search This thread

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
I've managed to get SuperSU and Xposed installed, but still can't get recovery to work.
Have posted on DualRecovery thread asking for help.

Try install the dual recovery by choosing option 1 from the options given. It should ask you to grant root access on your phone. If it doesn't work, try option 2.

DeGozaru

May 5, 2011
London, UK
Try install the dual recovery by choosing option 1 from the options given. It should ask you to grant root access on your phone. If it doesn't work, try option 2.

Thanks for the tip but I've already tried both.

Have since tried several times and provided the outputs for recovery installation and root tool to [NUT].
Awaiting possible assistance.

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the tip but I've already tried both.

Have since tried several times and provided the outputs for recovery installation and root tool to [NUT].
Awaiting possible assistance.

No worries, he's the best person to help you then! :) Good luck with it, hope you get it working! :good:

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
I used the Easy Access Root on 402 firmware and it worked first time. I have Dual Recovery and DoomKernel now and I didn't have to do any firmware roll backs

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Stirius

Aug 23, 2013
I have no idea how to move on. I am messing with this s..t 5 hours now! I try to use Sacha's exploit and I'm stuck on waiting for device. I tried TA backup and I'm stuck on "crash"the service menu (no idea). I tried Easy root, stuck on connect usb cable and waiting for device.

BUT I can see my Z2 in devices in windows, I can connect with pc companion. I can browse my tablet, everything. AAaaaaaah, so I don't know.

I use 511 version, .69 global firmware. I installed adb. I installed java development kit with adb, I did everything.

Really don't know...

pepitto52

Dec 14, 2008
When you try to acces Witherspoon adb, look on thé Phone: he ask a question, if you alow acces of the pc.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

stress40

@Stirius I had the same problem while trying to do it on a mac. I was at it for AGES... So I gave up and rebooted into windows. OK, so what I found/ did: 1) I used easy root tool (on windows with Android SDK installed, ADB drivers etc)
2) extract easyroot v5 onto desktop (keeping extracted files together in a folder)
3) download towelroot.apk and put in Files folder of towelroot
4) reboot phone then plug in phone and double kick install.bat (so you get the ADB message on phone) and most importantly DON'T LET YOUR*PHONE*SCREEN*TURN*OFF (mine did so was stuck at waiting for phone but as soon as I turned it on it was fine) I was rooted in a few minutes after double clicking install.bat.

After that I installed NUT's dual recoveries via installer method (XZ locked dual recoveries installer beta... ) I think; same procedure as above... download to desktop etc.

Anyway, I hope this helps you a bit m8, any Q's I'll try and help :good:

brouwerchris

Apr 8, 2011
Arnhem
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
That is not ota, ota goes direct to the fone and not via connection to a pc. PC Companion will always work. It well also overwrite root.

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Free mobile app

Essence:Sony will not detect your device as rooted and thus update your software.You will loose root when updating,but you can use Easy Root to obtain root again.;)

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

francomur99

May 13, 2009
London
How can I root my Xperia Z 2

Hey guys, this is a cross-post of sorts. I just got root execution on my stock Z2 Tablet and it appears that the same method should work for Z2 phone. I have a Z2 phone but just haven't tested it on that one yet.

Here is my Windows, Linux and Mac OSX script to grab the TA partition from Sony devices and deploy full root (superuser + reboot script):
https://mega.co.nz/#!jRB1FBJT!RKIi13TRj__mi7pKIGXP654CBJHi2gc0bIlYONcSfZQ [Update, v11]

Requirements:
1. Be on a firmware earlier than .402
Instructions:
1. Extract exploit.tar.gz and run ./root.sh (Linux) or root.bat (Windows)
2. Follow the instructions and your TA.img will be given and su will be deployed.

Features:
This disables SELinux, takes out sony_ric and then deploys su to /system/xbin/su
This works on ALL Sony Android mobile phones.
This can be run on any operating system.
Survives reboots [thanks to chargemon by DooMLoRD]
Hi ...I just purchased my Sony Xperia Z 2 4.4.2 Model Number D6503 - Build Number 17.1.1. A.0.402 is it that possible to root it now or I have to wait few weeks or more because it has the latest firmware? Please help me - thanks
Frank

Damented

Nov 29, 2008
Colorado Springs
Hello, I.got this to work on my Z1s but can't get supersu to update binaries. I've tried all the ways listed in this forum with the exception of trying to install a recovery and doing it that way. I know this is z2 thread but has anyone been able to update the binaries on a Z1S or even installed a custom recovery

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Free mobile app

What-A-Crazy-World

Aug 1, 2014
iMac User

Hi ...I just purchased my Sony Xperia Z 2 4.4.2 Model Number D6503 - Build Number 17.1.1. A.0.402 is it that possible to root it now or I have to wait few weeks or more because it has the latest firmware? Please help me - thanks
Frank

My phone it would seem is exactly the same as yours.

While all this information is very interesting, its been a told balls getting this far and now it would seem none of the software will function on my iMac. I am not a wiz kid when it comes to phones in fact this is my first smart phone. The reason I need to root my phone is to allow my phone to record phone calls (both sides of the conversation) I am in a difficult situation now and need a fully functional call recording app. Is there a service provider I can ask to root my phone?? I will pay the fee needed just to have it done, done right and quickly. I am wasting so much of my time trawling the internet of the solution.

stress40

@What-A-Crazy-World I strongly suggest you read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775411 and can you let me know if you have a dual booting mac? Because if you have, then, it will make things a lot easier. Also, if this is your first phone, then for a first timer then watch this http://www.xda-developers.com/android/how-to-root-the-sony-xperia-z2-xda-developer-tv/ and also look at this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900 I hope some of this helps you m8 and good luck with it (and your situation... I think all of us have been there ;) ):good:

Reactions: What-A-Crazy-World

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is a cross-post of sorts. I just got root execution on my stock Z2 Tablet and it appears that the same method should work for Z2 phone. I have a Z2 phone but just haven't tested it on that one yet.

Here is my Windows, Linux and Mac OSX script to grab the TA partition from Sony devices and deploy full root (superuser + reboot script):
    https://mega.co.nz/#!jRB1FBJT!RKIi13TRj__mi7pKIGXP654CBJHi2gc0bIlYONcSfZQ [Update, v11]

Requirements:
    1. Be on a firmware earlier than .402
    Instructions:
    1. Extract exploit.tar.gz and run ./root.sh (Linux) or root.bat (Windows)
    2. Follow the instructions and your TA.img will be given and su will be deployed.

Features:
    This disables SELinux, takes out sony_ric and then deploys su to /system/xbin/su
    This works on ALL Sony Android mobile phones.
    This can be run on any operating system.
    Survives reboots [thanks to chargemon by DooMLoRD]
    and its done!!! full root achieved! no more remount /system issues :)

doing some final testing with @norti!
    @xsacha

great work!

i am just cleaning up some of the code and making it more automated for a full root :)
    Till the time I am figuring this out here is a windows port of the exploit...

Download: exploitv4-TA_BACKUP-WINDOWS.7z

its a bit cleaner... slightly more automated....

just follow the instructions which come in the command prompt!

it will automatically pull the TA.img too :)

regards,

DooMLoRD
    and its done!!!

tested on Xperia Z2 .69 & .55 firmwares!!!

[FULL ROOT] Community Rootkit v01! (using ASEC vulnerability) [20140615]

HUGE THANKS TO: xsacha, GranPC, DooMLoRD, norti, RyokoN, [NUT] & jcase

file is now available for download!

regards,

DooMLoRD