Z01 Android 4.2 3G Smart Bluetooth Watch

Search This thread

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
Hi there,
didn't find, despite looking, any post regarding the watch I recently bought and about to receive, so take liberty to call for info if anyone has any.

The watch is sold in many sites as:
Z01 Android 4.2 3G Smart Bluetooth Watch 1.3GHZ MTK6572 Dual Core 4GB ROM Camera

Except for "Z01", no specific name or brand. The watch is merely described by its specs, as many other watches are.
The watch looks like this:
attachment.php

Does anyone have more details on it? Info on the producer / maker? I'm interested in the software it runs and the sources (I know it's gonna be hard to find any).

Update: been more lucky with my second attempt and finding more info on the Net.
Turns out this Z01 is actually the "DW08" by a Chinese company called something like DCool.

Cheers,
Ka.

Attachments

• 1407718312420-P-1921698.jpg
    1407718312420-P-1921698.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 16,640
Last edited:

negriton

Jun 28, 2014
Madrid
same that simvalley MOBILE AW-414.Go = iconBIT NetTAB Callisto 300 = Omate Truesmart...

I'm wondering why Omate Launched a Crowfounding campaign for this smartwatch... they are so clever..

BPM

Mar 4, 2006
looks like another omate clone.
but with newer android??? would be nice if someone could test the rom on a truesmart

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
@kast have you been on the Omate smartwatch forum to get more info about this watch?

There's also the Z8 thread too. This was sold as Z8 too.

As far as standalone watches this seems like the best option to date. The InWatch Z is better but costs too much for a 2G radio.

What is your experience so far?
Does it come with PlayStore?
How's the battery life?
And importantly how does it work with notifications?

One issue was it wasn't secure.

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
@kast have you been on the Omate smartwatch forum to get more info about this watch?

There's also the Z8 thread too. This was sold as Z8 too.

As far as standalone watches this seems like the best option to date. The InWatch Z is better but costs too much for a 2G radio.

What is your experience so far?
Does it come with PlayStore?
How's the battery life?
And importantly how does it work with notifications?

One issue was it wasn't secure.

Hi there,
after a few days with it, can say I'm relatively pleased. Ok, watch is definitely "bulkier" than what the picture in the online store might suggests but it's working pretty well. With the watch forced in 2G, Wifi on (to connect when available) and moderate use, battery lasts about 1.5-2 days, which is pretty good, considering the wee battery it has.
No crashes or crazy reboots... Seems behaving quite nice. Too bad there is no way to get the kernel sources and hack it a bit.
It does come with the Play Store though and can be easily rooted.

Take care,
Ka.

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
Hi there,
after a few days with it, can say I'm relatively pleased. Ok, watch is definitely "bulkier" than what the picture in the online store might suggests but it's working pretty well. With the watch forced in 2G, Wifi on (to connect when available) and moderate use, battery lasts about 1.5-2 days, which is pretty good, considering the wee battery it has.
No crashes or crazy reboots... Seems behaving quite nice. Too bad there is no way to get the kernel sources and hack it a bit.

Take care,
Ka.
U have the DW08 right?

hackerse7en

Jan 8, 2011
Porto
so, can you tell me 3 really important stuff.
Is it waterproof?
Does it have fm radio?
how do you ear music (does it have 3.5mm jack?)?
acessories that came with the watch?
thanks a lot :D

Last edited:

collectric

Feb 4, 2007
Hi there,

Take care,
Ka.

Hi,

I also purchased the same watch phone named WP3 (...?).
I would appreciate some assistance:

First, how did you root it?

Second, is there a way to have widgets such as direct contact dial?

Third, in the watch AD. and checking with "Z Device Test" it "appears" as the watch has compass capability but practically it doesn't work... is it right?

Thank you in advance
George

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I purchased an identical watch named "WP3" :

- It is waterproof
- Doesn't have FM radio
- Being waterproof - there are no inputs/plugs of any kind apart from 5 contacts that, using a special adapter, allows you to connect to micro USB.
- The only accessories are the special micro USB adapter and a tiny screw driver for SIM and SD card installation.

George

kast

Dec 3, 2006
Europe
Hi,

Third, in the watch AD. and checking with "Z Device Test" it "appears" as the watch has compass capability but practically it doesn't work... is it right?

Thank you in advance
George

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

- It is waterproof
- Doesn't have FM radio
- Being waterproof - there are no inputs/plugs of any kind apart from 5 contacts that, using a special adapter, allows you to connect to micro USB.
- The only accessories are the special micro USB adapter and a tiny screw driver for SIM and SD card installation.

George

Rooting it is not that difficult as "adb shell" grants you a root shell.
With that you remount /system as rw:
busybox mount -o,remount rw /system
Grap the superuser update zip and extract it, then you adb push "su" to /system/xbin
remember to suid it (chmod 4755)
Then remount system ro:
busybox mount -o,remount ro /system
and install "superuser" or "supersu" from the store.
Those will update the su binary properly.

From memory, mind the steps ;)

Ka.

Reactions: collectric

collectric

Feb 4, 2007
Grap the superuser update zip and extract it, then you adb push "su" to /system/xbin
Then remount system ro:

Ka.

Thank a lot Ka,

My previous watchphone was the Z1 having Android 2.2 which I rooted simply running "Z4Root" application .
Is there something similar for this watchphone? Or any tutorial to follow step by step the method you explained from memory?

Sorry to bother you and thanks again for you assistance...
George

collectric

Feb 4, 2007
Then remount system ro:

Ka.

Thanks again,

I tried "SRSRoot" with no success - rooting was easy, the program indicated that the watch was rooted but the "Root Checker" concluded - "No Root Access".

On the other hand, I ran "RootGenius" - http://www.shuame.com/en/root/ (no setup needed) - and it went like a dream - couple of seconds and the watch was properly ROOTED (confirmed by "Root Checker") !!!!

George

Tuoppikake

Oct 2, 2014
Oulu
Hi there,

Take care,
Ka.

Hello!
I'm happy to hear that the watch feels promising. Everything with it looks pretty good I'd say. I've been drooling for this watch for a few days now and I'm about to order one next week. I would like to have confirmation about some of the specs before buying if you have the time to answer.

1. Does it support sd card? There's not reference to it at dealsmachine dot com.
2. Where did you buy it yourself?
3. Does it have an audio plug? The site says it has 2.5mm audio plug, but I can't see it in the pictures. And the store would like to send a free headset with 3.5mm plug with the watch...
4. Does it get hot when used?

I know there's a lot of clones of this watch and it may have been sold by another name in different stores, but some of them could have some specs different. All in all the sd card support is the most important spec for me.
Thanks!

Tuoppikake

Oct 2, 2014
Oulu
No need to answer anymore. I already ordered z15-model which seems to be roughly similar to the z01. I did check out some reviews of the site I was going to order the z01 and people didn't seem to be happy with it so I ordered elsewhere.
Z15 doesn't have support for sd cards either (unless there's a hidden slot under the "warranty void" back panel like some of truesmart...)
All the specs seems to be same as in the z01 except the form of the device is a little bit different.
Let's see what I'm going to get.

jrome123

Jul 6, 2009
This watch is sweet i had it for 10 day now.. I have the cas100 @ the iron man watch for $140 this is the sh**t.. Miss one thing on this watch g sensor

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
No need to answer anymore. I already ordered z15-model which seems to be roughly similar to the z01. I did check out some reviews of the site I was going to order the z01 and people didn't seem to be happy with it so I ordered elsewhere.
Z15 doesn't have support for sd cards either (unless there's a hidden slot under the "warranty void" back panel like some of truesmart...)
All the specs seems to be same as in the z01 except the form of the device is a little bit different.
Let's see what I'm going to get.

@Tuoppikake - Did you receive your watch?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thank you in advance
    George

- It is waterproof
    - Doesn't have FM radio

George

Then remount system ro:

Ka.
    Yes a review would be very useful. :good: I'd like to know:

1. Also what are the main differences between Z15 & the Z01? This Z01 from Gearbest is for $133 using the code: Z01LG.

2. Where did you buy yours from?

3. Are you using SWApp for notifications?

Z15

I’m not going to write about the basic stuff as it’s exactly the same watch as Omate truesmart without the crystal screen coating and the “waterproofing” rubber pieces. And you can check the specs from dealextreme (where I bought it. It’s www dot dealextreme dot com) website by searching for z15. But I’m going to say something what was not mentioned on the site.

First of all the package came quite fast. A bit over two weeks by standard Chinese airmail, declared to 15 euros, which was really nice. I didn’t ask for it (but hoped it in my heart).

Ok to the watch then. Here’s a list of pros and cons because I’m horrible at writing long sentences:

Pros:

- Very light
    - Play store pre installed
    - Very easy to root by tapping few times the build version in system settings
    - HAS AN SD-CARD SLOT under the battery
    - Good battery life with the 500mAh battery
    - Has vibrate function
    - My bluetooth keyboard worked out of the box

Cons:

- (Apparently) Comes without imei
    - GPS didn’t work at start
    - Only 4 clock faces for lock screen pre installed
    - Not so good preinstalled launcher

The imei problem was solved very easy by entering engineering mode and setting the imei. There’s a load of howto videos about that in youtube. The GPS was a little bit trickier. I dont think this is a problem for every watch but I had to remove the battery and remove the frame under the battery and unplug and plug back in the GPS antenna wire to make it work.

Now it’s running nova launcher with SwipeStatusBar app to make the statusbar work with it. It looks very nice! I’ve not bumped into apps that wouldn’t work, but there’s a load of them that are just unusable with so tiny screen. c:geo, sports tracker and calendar on the home screen works really well and that’s what’s ok for me for now.

And now for the guestions:

1. I have seen the z01 only in pictures and I would say that this may be a little bulkier by design, although the dude that bought the z01 said it was bulkier than it was in the pictures.

2. Yes I bought the z15 from dealextreme

3. Do you mean SWapp (small world app) or SWapp link? I dont use either but I could try it out for you if you are interested. A link for the app would be good for not to misunderstand :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I forgot this. The only color black is actually graphite grey. The screen bezels and wristband are indeed black. About the wristband, the pattern on it is quite awful, but it's so small that it can't be seen from further distance.
    Thank you for the review, its very helpful. Yes i mean SWapp link, If you wouldn't mind please :good:

Yes it seem to work. Notifications works at least with sms, email and telegram. I can use mobile phone remotely with the watch for calling. There's some what I've tested so far and it looks good. Although I use the z15 as a stand alone device so I will not be using this app in the future. I hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

And there's quite a few new clock faces with the swapp link to use.
    Greeting everyone
    I have a question for the z15 owners and other android watches
    Does the z15 or(other watches)support earphone or headset from the usb port?
    Its hard to find usb earphone, so does anyone tried if an usb to 3.5 mm adapter then using 3.5 mm earphone works on these watches ?
    The only watch i found to have earphone with it is the haozo 6s, but the problem thats it deosn't have sd card slot.

If Anyone try that, i will be really gratefull for his help

Although i'm not an owner, this watch and all the variants like the imacwear M7 do not have a UBS port. To make matters more confusing the description on the Chinese sites are misleading so sell more watches.

This Z01 says 2.5mm audio port, I contacted them & asked in this thread, but no reply. You can see from the images there is no audio port, unless if it hidden. I am interested in this compared to the imacwear M7 because it claims to 1.3 GHz, compared to the 1.0 GHz for the imacwear M7, does this mean it will be slightly faster? Anyone? ... oh and its cheaper too :D
    Sure let's cooperate and share experiences, we are here for that by the way :rolleyes:. I rely to have the watch in my hands within next week..they are still processing the order at this hour..
    One of first things I'll certainly do is testing SWAPp link an other companion apps because I need to share wok mails and notifications i get on phone.
    Also the GPS and offline navigation is in my interests.
    I'll post results of my tests.
    You know I'm also looking for a replacement battery and i've submitted an order on a drop shipping specialized site where I've found it, using some UI tricks cause I'm not a drop shipper. It was only about 4 $ cost including shipment (slow and not tracked) so I decided to invest them in such a trial; i'll let you know if it fits as well as the actual size of battery if successful, but it will be in not less than 20 days I'm afraid.

Sent from my KINGZONE N3 PLUS using XDA Free mobile app