Elago g4 slim fit case

Search This thread

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011
Got one of these yesterday, it's a perfect fit and it barely adds any girth to the phone. It actually feels the same size in my hand believe it or not.

The only issue I have is that it leaves the top and the bottom of the phone exposed. Oh and that is pretty hard to get off the phone.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Ragin Cajun

Oct 28, 2008
I also have this case in white. Mine is just as slick as the stock note back though. Otherwise, it fits great.

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011
Any pics? I just ordered one off amazon yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

Posted pics in the white case consolidated thread in this subforum.

Still love this case.... I kinda want something to protect the tops and Bottoms though

tbran

May 28, 2008
Syracuse, NY
Yeah I bought this case in Indigo Blue before I got my phone and it is nice for a slim case, but I decided I needed more protection. It does leave the top and bottom edges exposed and starts out a little tight when new. I only use it for times when I need a slim case.
But the texture is nice and I really don't have anything bad to say about it.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note™ SGH-I717

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011
Just dropped my phone with this case on. I was sitting down and as I was getting up, I forgot I had the phone connected to my pc still. It yanked outta my hand and landed on the corner. Then it bounced up back into my hands, no joke lol

Not a scratch on the note! Only a dent in the case!

theonedub

Dec 27, 2007
Bought one of these to replace my SGP Ultra Thin which seems a touch oversized (creaks/pops when squeezed) and too slick.

Hopefully this one is a tight fit and has a texture like Incipio's Feather.

via my AT&T Note

theonedub

Dec 27, 2007
Here are some quick pictures I snapped of the case (front and back). Its got a great matte black finish that really reminds me of the Incipio Feather I have used on the Atrix and iPhone4 in the past. This one seems more durable with the short time I have had with it- it doesn't feel like it will snap easily like other thin cases.

Its really not difficult to take off unless you have only used soft gel or TPU cases before. Just pop off one corner, then the other on the same side and the entire case comes right off. Since the bottom is open, it works in the Samsung Desktop Dock perfectly.

(Don't mind the lift/bubbles on the screen protector, the new ones are in the mail :D)

Attachments

• DSC00861.jpg
    DSC00861.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC00862.jpg
    DSC00862.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC00863.jpg
    DSC00863.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 372

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011
leaves the top and bottom edge exposed?

no good in case of drop

The white one is not matte... It's pretty slick. It does have a little grip too it.

The top and Bottoms are exposed, however the corners are not. So drops on the corner aren't as bad as you might expect

s1mpd1ddy

Feb 24, 2011
Sent from my CM9 Atrix

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330907606253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330907606253.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 250
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330907637408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330907637408.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 227
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330907652159.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330907652159.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 250

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
I got mine yesterday. I got the matte blue.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna return it though.
I found it actually more slippery than the stock back.
I don't mind the top and bottom exposure because I think the odds of impact at those points are slim. I think the corners are most important and I don't know why one of them has a cutout (top right). I can't see a reason for it.
Looking at my last phone's scratches the corners are where it hit the few times it fell.
As far as the exposed top and bottom I guess it was easier to mold that way...
Like I said I don't mind the exposure but I realized the bottom opening has a bit of an edge to it. Noticeable. I was holding the phone one handed and I noticed I use my pinkie finger along the bottom of the phone as a cradle.
Unfortunately, that edge is right there and was uncomfortable.
So the case is beautiful and has the looks and the feel (but a bit slippery) but the exposed corner and the bottom edge make me want to try something else.
On my tbolt I had a Seido Surface and it was perfect. Slim and added very little bulk and weight.
I contacted Seido to see if they were going to make that line for the Note and they said at this time they weren;t. Perhaps the 5 million in sales will change that...I guess for now I'll keep it naked and research some more.

dcfella

Sep 15, 2010
I got the black and white versions of this case off Amazon. The black definitely has a better grip. The white looks great with my new white note, but like other's have said, it's a glossy finish and doesn't have the some tact feel as the black.

I also got another cheap black case that has a small frame that snaps on the front to provide a lip around the screen. It feels exactly the same as the black elago, and aside from the front screen lip, it's the same size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Rubbe...ccessories&hash=item41630e05d8#ht_1694wt_1396

jpg71

Apr 28, 2005
I got mine yesterday. I got the matte blue.
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna return it though.
I found it actually more slippery than the stock back.
I don't mind the top and bottom exposure because I think the odds of impact at those points are slim. I think the corners are most important and I don't know why one of them has a cutout (top right). I can't see a reason for it.

I noticed that my case was slippery at first as well, but over time, it isn't as slippery as the stock white cover any more.

Also, the cut out on the upper right corner is to accommodate the antenna on the Korean version of the GNote. Rather than retool their fabrication process for other markets, they just used the same mold for all. At the price this thing goes for, you'd think they would've done a separate fabrication for models without the need for the cutout.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with mine.