[ROM] [EVITA] [AOSP] [4.3] [cfX-Toolchain 4.8.y+] codefireXperiment OFFICIAL NIGHTLY

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach

Linux_Freq

Jun 4, 2013
Oaktown
Noticed a System updates option under Settings/About Phone. Anyway to enable this to work with nightlies?

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

gjw00

Personal choice is banks minimal gapps from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

But any 4.4 gapps package ”should” work, eithrr the stock set from goo.im/gapps of the PA gapps packages seem to be fine as well.

I had an issue with stock gapps that none of my apps were reinstalled. And I couldn't set my account in backup & restore.
Had same issue on gummy ROM
Pa gapps was OK though

KungFuCracka94

Oct 28, 2013
San Fernando Valley
14% remaining. This is unreal.

Sent from my One Xl using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1391272116868.jpg
    1391272116868.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 74

KungFuCracka94

Oct 28, 2013
San Fernando Valley
Latest trchd 3.5 + UV to 800...
I swear I'm not on Sense!! I'll get BBS going to show the apps I use but all in all I'm not gentle in terms of usage. I made ZERO sacrifices to achieve those numbers.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

For what its worth, I use smartmax and slim gapps

Reactions: jacobas92

Linux_Freq

Jun 4, 2013
Oaktown
USB storage/SD card & Dolphin browser install issues resolved. Regarding dolphin, I am able to enable flash in dolphin but browser crashes/closes immediately
when trying to view any flash media. I have flash setting in dolphin set to on demand. On nightly 20140201.004115, 12-14 BanksGApps, stock kernel.

velvel

Sep 1, 2009
Ottawa
Swype FC when trying to install. But cannot complain as I found TouchPal X then which I actually like better ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing codefireXperiment for your device! This OP is going to stay slim and bloat free, just like codefireXperiment. No marketing buzzwords either. We take such confidence in the speed and performance of this distribution, we challenge you to find a faster and more stable one!

Warning: we only support anykernel methods of custom kernel installation.

Here's a bit of info you may want on this project for how we do things differently:

CLICK HERE to find out more about the new team working on this project since our TeamEOS merger.
    No features you don't need which slow the device down, or put your data at risk of being stolen. If you want to give it away, it should be your decision.
    A fast and clean install with no UX decisions made for you. You make the ROM whatever you would like.
    A team constantly exploring totally new feature sets and optimizations geared toward you, the user

We utilize a plethora of optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Each build has a toolchain built for your device at the time of build. No more generic toolchain android builds.
    Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google this one a bit to get an idea of the performance gain.
    Many repositories have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations which are too generous to even speak of here.
    Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can acheive for your device without sacrificing any stability
    Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    Full "-O3" build. To those who don't know, this is the highest "optimization level" available in gcc that sets many other flags.

Important Links:

Download Nightlies - We have a very in depth review system, so these should be considered stable.
    Download Weeklies - These are built once a week on Monday.
    Download GApps
    Download SuperSU Zip
    Kernel Source
    Interactive and Rolling Changelog
    Bug Tracker

Instructions:

**This uses the 3.4 cm kernel tweaked for gcc-4.8 builds and as such,
    follows all the same requirements as CM-10.2. NEWEST FIRMWARE/HBOOT are required. **
    In the same recovery session, flash the following:
    Flash rom
    Flash GApps
    Flash SuperSU zip
    Reboot

Thank you for choosing codefireXperiment - See more at: http://www.codefirex.com/index.php?...htc-one-xl-codefirexperiment-nightlies#latest

CHAT on IRC Freenode #codefirex
    PHABRICATOR - review system
    GITHUB

Thanks to the CM team for all thier work on this family of devices, especiallly h8rift for his work on evita for all of us to enjoy.

Also thanks to my beta testers for experimenting with me.

DISCLAIMER: I will not be held responsible for any damages caused to your device by flashing this ROM. Your warranty is now void.
    By proceeding you accept the risks involved with flashing ROMS. While I test everything on my own device, I cannot garauntee yours will not explode into kittens and rainbows.
    Big progress today...almost all our qcom devices are booting noe and most including my Evita are fully functional and stable. Expect a beta release in the next few days :)

Public beta

full_evita-cfxe-OPENMASTER-20140111.130727.zip - 200.80 MB

Throwing this up for testing purposes....it's mostly solid but there are a few minor lurking issues.
    Logcats please if you have signifigant failure to report.

Thanks for being patient, we started over from scratch with clean AOSP code and have built this back up from there.
    First official 4.4 nighties are popping up now. Threads will be updates this evening.

Tried once but stopped because of buttons. Oh well he said he is working on a fix, what can I ask for anyway all of the latest software and thats why I can download LMT controls :D Love the free ram. Going to try and flash Xmister kernel for the HOX AOSP yes the original. Hope it works.

Nobody repeat this. Xmister kernel is for the tegra version. Not ours qcom version. Surprised its not another brick report already.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk 2