LG L9 (769 Model) Black Screen Bricked (I've read a lot!)

Search This thread

dlipford370

Apr 12, 2014
Hey all,

So I successfully rooted my phone, and then I was going to go into recovery reboot mode to install a downloaded rom. I'm not sure what did it, but on that restart I got LG Security error. I first attempted on three different computers to do LG Mobile Support Tool. It stopped everytime when it was going to begin downloading the files. I'm pretty sure if I still had the Security Error image, I would be fine, because I now know of ways to bypass the LG Support Tool, and edit the host file, and then get it downloading.

Either way, in my research after no success with LG Mobile Support Tool, I came across Fastboot. So I got fastboot, I got the drivers installed, but I'm pretty sure my problem was, on the command prompt screen when Fastboot asks' you questions I said yes on them. I believe this is what caused my phone to have the black screen. It will not go into S/W upgrade mode now. It will not do anything, just black screen. I found a tutorial over on Android Forums, and with using Fastboot, I was able to sucessfully flash "p4_769.img" According to that tutorial, after doing that I should have a dead android guy logo, and then just be able to hard reset... but that didn't change anything. Still have the black screen. Still won't go into S/W Upgrade mode.

Now according to what I've read, the next step would be to flash KDZ Afresh...I've looked for this, whatever it is, specific to my model phone, but I can't find anything. If anyone else has any ideas, I would love to hear. I'm so frustrated at this point. Very much appreciate any help. Thank you.

dlipford370

Apr 12, 2014
It sounds like now what I have to do is, using how I flashed that recovery img, I first should flash the x and uboot.bin files to my phone. Then I will be able to get into S/W mode, and then restore from there. I just have to find these bin files. I don't have a friend or anyone nearby with the same phone as mine that can:

adb shell su -c busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/external_sd/p2.bin

with theres.

Top Liked Posts