[HYBRID] PARANOIDANDROID [1.6][2012]if you want, test 1.9.2!

Which kernel would you guys prefer?

• NEAK

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Siyah

Votes: 77 75.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread
M

Molon Labe

Forget it

Sent from my Smooth and Sexy AOKP SGS2!

Last edited:

king71st

Apr 30, 2011
Can you change lockscreen text color on this rom

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
Can someone please extract the YouTube apk from this and upload so I can have it on my aokp I would but I am dead tired...prom was last night and I hosted breakfast..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

arcardinal

Jul 25, 2010
Twin Cities
Can someone please extract the YouTube apk from this and upload so I can have it on my aokp I would but I am dead tired...prom was last night and I hosted breakfast..

If you run the YouTube.apk from this rom on AOKP it will not look any different than it already does on AOKP. You need to run ParanoidAndroid in Tablet Mode for YouTube to look different, as the app's layout is what is changing.

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Initial thoughts:

Wow, so much more real estate! Buttons are somewhat small but that is a non-issue for me. I love the option of running in tablet or phone mode (although this would be awesome to not have to reboot for, but perhaps not technically feasible).
This is one of the first ROMS that made me excited to see my phone look "new"!

However... battery life is terrible. I flashed this at around 8:30 with 90% battery, and with moderate use it is now down to 20% running stock Kernel. CPU spy shows normal deep sleep patterns, I'll charge up and run better battery stats and see if that shows anything out of the ordinary. Planning to try N.E.A.K. kernel and see if that helps at all (been my kernel of choice lately) but can't see how a kernel could make that much difference.

Installed Apex launcher and Swype in tablet mode without issue, everything seems to be running great. Looking forward to your 1.0 update with (hopefully) better battery life and that new per app phone/tablet gizmo.

Keep up the awesome work!

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I am very suspicious of high battery temps being the power drain culprit. Switching to NEAK had no observable effect, battery temp is hovering at around 40C, CPU temp feels much hotter (Elixir shows no CPU temp sensor?). I'm not sure what is going on with this ROM, whether it is the DPI changes or something else, but I don't want to risk damaging my phone with extended use. Going to try a few more things to see if I can find the battery/temp culprit before flashing back to AOKP.

For now I would advise watching your battery temps closely, it shouldn't get over 45-50C. Any higher and you risk permanent damage and high drain.

Again, thanks to OP for his work (and to all the others who built/contributed), I love this but don't want to burn out my phone :)

Nov 11, 2010
Yuba City, CA
Well, don't know what exactly I did but temperature problems solved (for me anyway). I did 3 things: 1) turned down CPU to 1000mhz (didn't see temp go down) 2) set governor to conservative (still no turn out with temp problem) 3) installed 2nd core app and set single core only and saw my temp go from 105.1° to 95° in 15 minutes!!!! Hope this helps someone else but it worked for me! Btw I'm running stock paranoidroid 0.6 with a 2nd rom installed.

jthrasher47

Apr 6, 2012
Charleston SC

Dude, just downloaded solid file explorer open paranoid android up, and click it then go to system/apps/ youtube. Apk do with it as you wish after that, 2 mins tops :-D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

meleii

Jul 11, 2011
So after much trying I've found a kernel that does not keep processor running at 1200 all of the time. It also resolves most of the heat issues. Only thing I noticed is it keeps processor at 500 when charging.

Try using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1664688

This is just my experience

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i9100 Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580070

Download link below!! :)

Credit for this rom goes to the talented team D4rKn3sSyS and Moles, They've done a fantastic job :)

Also give credit to Ktoonsez for his amazing Flash-aholicsTool making Hellraising much easier!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1484223

To sum it up, this rom has both phone and tablet modes. Thanks to the brilliant dev, you can edit DPI through the settings and so much more!

I take no credit for this obviously, but I have been given permission and have been asked to port this and give to you guys! Hope you enjoy! And before asking a question just check the i9000 thread, you may find answers.

paranoid.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news?, click here, and visit our webpage!​

paranoid_impressions.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news?, click here, and visit our webpage!

paranoid_notab.png

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• FAQ & HELP - Read before asking!
    • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_trouble.png

• Nothing yet. All possible visual bugs can be fixed changing PAL & PAD parameters

paranoid_credits.png

Hi guys, this is official port of PARANOIDANDROID rom, from nexus / sgs2.

Hope you like it, be sure to give a thumbs up to your device mantainer, ronii1123. And please read FAQ. Any bug that you encounter, go to sgs2 forums, and report it, as we have the same bugs. We've already added i777 to official list of supported devices, And this is our official announcement http://betadan.com/paranoid/new-device-added-att-sgs2-i777/

Cheers,
    D4 - Member of ParanoidAndroid Team.
    This is a copy and paste so not everything will be the same since it's from the i9000 thread.

Personal changes:
    Siyah Kernel (Always the latest) with mic swap
    I777UCPLC5 Modem

FAQ & HELP[/SIZE]

Video of Tablet / Phone Mode

Special Thanks
    • molesarecoming, member of ParanoidAndroid team
    • betadan, For new hosting, you can donate him here
    • fOmey, For our web design, he's just awesome at this, believe me!, if you need some web design for you business, or something, this is the right guy ;). Also thanks to him for some mods, and ideas!
    • julle131, For the old hosting, you can donate him here. Thank you for trusting me!
    • slade87 , For teaching me about android programming. You're the man.

VERY Special thanks to all the donators!, you support me for making a better work each day!

• Joar Mortveit (*)
    • Frank Stellmacher(*)
    • Ambrish Pandya(*)
    • Kjetal (*)
    • malavan (**)
    • s1mpd1ddy (*)
    • kickassdave (*)
    • Philipp Esterer (*)
    • busterdev (*)
    • mattisdada (*)
    • Marcel Künstler (*)
    • Raphi86 (*)
    • Anonymous1 (*)
    • mobileguynz (*)
    • ayk33 (*)
    • Ferdimage (*)
    • hakstern (*)
    • Schrotty35 (*)
    • Lukas Zelinka (*)
    • Wadoline (*)
    • Fauert (*)
    • marik69 (*)
    • androidlover287 (*)

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

v1.6
    Built from source - 10/7/2012 - 00:27:58
    OTA app changed (This trashes OTA update, please download manually this version). More responsive methods
    Merged latest CM changes, including a lot of fixes and improvements for device tree
    Improvements on frameworks, fixed for once and finally all DPI related crashes
    SystemUI mode can be configured now
    Cleanup and speedup of hybrid code via native libs (I'd say 25%)
    A lot more of changes, you can check them here: https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid

v1.5
    Built from source - 25/6/2012 - 11:3:12
    Removed AROMA installer, now using CM kernel, you can install any AOSP kernel
    Improvements on OTA app, scheduled checkups
    Improvements on Backup app, now it automatically launches on startup after you install a newer (or older) version
    Hybrid speedup, less lag, considerably faster list scrolling when pad/pal is in action
    Keyboard scaling, an androids first
    PAD/PAL bugfixes for apps that still crop images in lower dpis
    Settings revamp, speed preferences to switch between modes without having to set up anything, less clutter
    Trebuchet extras: 3x4 widgets, speed dial menu button, ... and some weird rocket button which im sure will be very useful to most of you
    Pad.prop revamp, new preferences that should pretty much nail it. Im sorry but this trashes your old settings again, do not attempt to restore them unless you do it in a text editor

v1.4
    Built from source, 3:03pm COT. Synced with latest Paranoid sources
    Fixed most of the issues with pad & pal, now facebook, whatsapp, keyboards, etc will be shown just fine
    PAD/PAL work in phonemode 100%, no weird toggles and stuff like that. you get full tablet apps without caveats
    Settings cleanup, most of the garbage dpi options are gone, should be more intuitive - i ask you to not bring your old pad.props though some things changed. if you know what you do take a look and edit by hand
    Trashed our LatinIME repo - not needed anymore
    Fixed OTA 100%, now it should never hang on 99%
    Navbar editor is now hidden on tablet mode ... ups missed that one.

v1.3
    Built from source, 2:29pm COT. Synced with latest Paranoid sources
    Back to siyahKernel, updated to latest version
    Force widgets is back
    Reorganized options. Now only options left in "Paranoid Settings" are related with hybrid mode, the other ones got moved to their right places
    Fixed wrong month index on ParanoidBackup
    Added Statusbar Hardware Rendering toggle via Settings > System > Statusbar. You must enable it for using statusbar transparency.
    Fixed possible lags (Mostly XHDPI devices, not too much for us)
    Reverted libcore fixes by CM team that caused some bugs on network apps
    Fixed a bug on hybrid panel that caused missbehaving
    General bugfixes
    Translated a few things to spanish
    v1.1
    Kanged from source, 9:26am COT. All features included (even the ones that are on CM9 changelog but not on latest nightly)
    Updated kernel to latest siyahKernel
    Fixed navbar on phone mode, and now doesn't removes statusbar transparency
    Fixed Utils.isScreenLarge() method, now it checks for LCD Density, wich reduces % of error to 0
    Improved panel a LOT, including a cool action bar for saving or discarding changes
    .force pad feature implemented, now you can resize widgets
    Added more descriptive strings to panel
    Added customizable toggles for tablet mode. You can choose now between 9 toggles, and a max of 6 of them. You can also reorganize or remove all the toggles.
    Removed some battery styles, and HC lockscreen, searching for a common base
    Translated a lot of things in spanish XML's (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/16596/)

v1.0
    Kanged from source, 1:04pm COT. All features included (even the ones that are on CM9 changelog but not on latest nightly)
    Updated kernel to latest siyahKernel
    AROMA Installer is back!. That means this is first 100% Stable version!
    Improvements on OTA app
    First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
    Comes with a better panel
    Fixed pin screen hot reboot
    this is how android will look in a couple of mere hours, total f'ing revolution, total freedom, completely obliterates all frontiers that once existed between tablets and phones, best from both worlds. code's up and running, very happy with it. needs to be cast into the settings-panel, need to find good default prop values and its ready to dominate the rom world.

untitled-1gij3x.png