[ROM]Atrix-Paranoid-HIBRID-TabletUI+Smartphone 1.1 --- 01/06/2012

Search This thread

jcabahug

Sep 19, 2006
Louisville, KY
Yes but the only thing showing are little dots not icons. Could it be DPI related like the other issues? I have hybrid off w/global set to 175.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

edgeball

Aug 2, 2010
Same for me on the browser, as well as Gmail and the default Email app. Only when I try scrolling inside of a message on the latter. Happens both with default and modified interface settings.

Tried fixing permissions, which didn't work -- might try a clean install later (I flashed over CM9).

Same here - too many FCs even after full data and system wipe

jsneider23

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Not to harp on it, but I would venture to say that 90% of all FCs when using modified DPI settings are, in fact, DPI related. Some apps just won't work below a certain DPI setting threshold. For example, my Phone process kept FCing at 180 but works fine at 200. It takes some experimenting to find the right setting - I usually start at 180 (my personal preference) and increase DPI by 20 until the FCs stop.

I really recommend that you stay away from the three main Hybrid DPI settings (Global, User, and Default Statusbar) and only use the per-app DPI and layout settings under Settings>Paranoid>Hybrid>List Apps. I had nothing but problems until I did so and now everything is running great. If you've already set one or more of those three settings, the only thing I have found that will help is to reflash with full wipe, to keep your sanity if nothing else.

Just my advice after MANY hours of trying to get everything working to get me to where I am now. The per-app settings will require some fiddling with, but don't get frustrated - it's sooo worth it once you get everything working correctly! :)

Hope this helps someone!

Sent from my Paranoid Atrix 4G Hybrid v1.1 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: cmoG530

jsneider23

Oct 19, 2007
WA
I recommend that you always perform a clean install to avoid compatibility issues with new ROMs and possible leftover data from previous ROMs. This will save you much time and headache... I learned this the hard way, wasting a lot of time and energy along the way.

Edit: Forgot to quote the users above having FC issues, even at default DPI settings
Edit2: My browser FCs as well, will update when/if I find a fix. :)

UPDATE: Email works for me on Tablet mode, 180dpi. Gmail also works for me on Tablet mode, 200dpi. (Tablet UI enabled)
UPDATE2: Browser is fixed using framework.jar link by Spleef (THANKS!!!) in post #91 of this thread. Guess I need to learn how to read!

HTH!

Last edited:
Reactions: thatusmguy

lineager

May 20, 2010
I got force close on Facebook and Chrome Beta without any dpi change. Any idea?

Edit: Just got that framework.jar from Spleef may fix the fc, will have a try.

Edit2: Facebook is fixed using Spleef's framework.jar, but the Chrome Beta still FC...

Last edited:

Pixelguy

Nov 5, 2011
iv just installed the rom and everything went ok, ill try and leave feedback when i know more

so far iv found out that video cam illusion doesnt work or open and also facebook app force closes when scrolling through news feeds

just a question, my 4 keys at the bottom no longer light up is this a common issue?

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
iv just installed the rom and everything went ok, ill try and leave feedback when i know more

so far iv found out that video cam illusion doesnt work or open and also facebook app force closes when scrolling through news feeds

just a question, my 4 keys at the bottom no longer light up is this a common issue?

use my framework.zip I posted to fix to scrolling fcs, to force hard key lights on toggle auto brightness..... it wont stay but once they turn off again just toggle brightness again
and the illusion app probably dpi related,

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Not to harp on it, but I would venture to say that 90% of all FCs when using modified DPI settings are, in fact, DPI related. Some apps just won't work below a certain DPI setting threshold. For example, my Phone process kept FCing at 180 but works fine at 200. It takes some experimenting to find the right setting - I usually start at 180 (my personal preference) and increase DPI by 20 until the FCs stop.

I really recommend that you stay away from the three main Hybrid DPI settings (Global, User, and Default Statusbar) and only use the per-app DPI and layout settings under Settings>Paranoid>Hybrid>List Apps. I had nothing but problems until I did so and now everything is running great. If you've already set one or more of those three settings, the only thing I have found that will help is to reflash with full wipe, to keep your sanity if nothing else.

Just my advice after MANY hours of trying to get everything working to get me to where I am now. The per-app settings will require some fiddling with, but don't get frustrated - it's sooo worth it once you get everything working correctly! :)

Hope this helps someone!

Sent from my Paranoid Atrix 4G Hybrid v1.1 using XDA

very good solid advice there thank you

jsneider23

Oct 19, 2007
WA
very good solid advice there thank you

My pleasure... been lurking here waaay too long :)

One quick q, is there a way we can force the lockscreen into landscape only? I've seen the option in a few AOKP roms for the Captivate, but never had any reason to use it until now :) If not, no big deal

Sent from my Paranoid Atrix Hybrid using XDA

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Do nexus owners experience similar problems? do you occasionally check out their forums? because it could be a dpi or rom compatibility issue too for example
just pure guessing.

yeah I constantly check the threads here on xda not just from what I port any thread that uses the ROM I read...... majority of issues are dpi related and the fix is .....imo.... this.... on the pal file the dimensions are set to the nexus s, size what we need is to edit that pal parameters file to be atrix size specific

My pleasure... been lurking here waaay too long :)

One quick q, is there a way we can force the lockscreen into landscape only? I've seen the option in a few AOKP roms for the Captivate, but never had any reason to use it until now :) If not, no big deal

Sent from my Paranoid Atrix Hybrid using XDA

you know in not really sure, maybe something that can be suggested to the paranoid builders to add in their next update, I know they removed allot from 1.0 going into 1.1 maybe next release will have some new options

Reactions: jsneider23

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
funny I already ported it for the atrix but haven't made a thread ....lol....now I don't have to thanks, leo, let me know if ya, need anything.....i have it posted in my goo account devs/spleef....it was the surprise test I let out last night

for the photon only? anything in the works for atrix?

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
ah crap, thats what i get for not paying attention to where i am - i was going through the goo folders; paranoid was under photon, not under the atrix folder...

hah, testing your response time - not bad my friend

lol..... I did have one for atrix but i removed it since Leo was building it also no sense in two same roms....lol

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
Has anyone managed to use any other keyboards, besides the stock one??? I've tried all the dpi settings for the apps, but they still will not properly scale.

]Sent From My °God° Given Atrix 4G[

napsterr

Jan 2, 2011
Zile
Has anyone managed to use any other keyboards, besides the stock one??? I've tried all the dpi settings for the apps, but they still will not properly scale.

i want to install SWYPE...
but i get parse error every time when i try to download.
nothing to do with the rom...

Last edited:

magecca

Aug 2, 2007
SALT LAKE CITY
www.magecca.com

I have Swype and Thumb Keyboard. If you and in Tablet you have to set their DPI to what your Tablet/Global DPI is (120DPI)

If you want to install swype, disable tablet and hybrid UI, download the installer and install it. Then turn it back to tablet and change back your hybrid settings and change the DPI to your Tablet/Global DPI

Reactions: cmoG530

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I share this with you, I found a rom here on xda, Hybrid Rom, code name "Paranoid" is not a rom with all the options that my rom is AOKP, but focused on the tablet.

This rom is a very interesting option, you can "set" any app to have an individual appearance tablet / smartphone, this is phenomenal (I love it!).

Of course, I included my installation aroma, with applications black and some other options (the same as AOKP). ;)

Personal, remembering that my focus is the segment AOKP original, then things can go wrong, I have not tested for a long time, and will not give much support to this, but I'm sure the majority is working perfectly

I can not stop thanking these guys:

Spleef;
    T3bill;
    ATRIXXIRTA;
    D4rKn3sSyS;
    Paranoid Team;

hear everything these guys say, are behind all this too, always helping me with what I need!
    I am grateful to all of them, are always where you need them ....

paranoid.png

s2_1b99oa.png

s2_2xvy8l.png

s2_4mka7v.png

s2_5degqo.png

s2_313yl0.png

s2_664yu7.png

ps: USB icon is faulty, (talk), no big deal, only a visual error

PS: that was authorized by dev "D4rKn3sSyS", congratulations to him, and the whole team paranoid, did a great job in search of the perfect appearance of the apps.

LINK: Atrix-Paranoid-1.1
    Hello guys, I've added Atrix 4G to the list of officially supported devices

http://betadan.com/paranoid/devices/

and this is the blog entry

http://betadan.com/paranoid/new-device-added-motorola-atrix-4g/

Enjoy!

D4, ParanoidAndroid Team.
    Guys, "t3bill" is continuing to projects, (AOKP & Paranoid), can not give continuity to the projects at this time, I need good footage (HD) from my son and my Atrix just have to do it.
    *** So I asked him to continue these projects, because I need an original rom to get good shots, and I'm going to Samsung SIII, honestly, I'm a little tired of waiting motorola free ICS, ICS despite having a stable,'m missing some things like stability and functionality that only an "original" will bring.
    *** ICS is very beautiful and functional, but I can not stand having problems with games.

* (I love street fighter, which only worked with 2.3.6 version).
    * takes a lot of ADHOC, no rom support, only the original.
    * footage of my son in full HD.
    * A huge gap in performance in multitasking and graphics-related things.

I'm definitely leaving my loyalty to Motorola, (over 10 years).

V3, V3i, A1200, A1200i, motorola Click (DEXT in Brazil), Motorola Atrix, approximately 10 years using Motorola devices, but it is time to take a chance on another brand, now my next phone will be SAMSUMG SIII, very disappointed with the incompetence part of the Motorola software.

I wish success to t3bill, great friend, thank you Bill, for taking this and not let these two beautiful designs become obsolete

new segment:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1765185
    So...restore framework.jar from a nandroid of hibrid v1? Or from a different from altogether?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

try the framework I posted in the Photon thread its in a, flashable zip, don't flash it is made for Photon but you can extract it put it in Leo zip replacing the one in there then reflash or try swapping it with a, root browser

since I love you guys ill post link.....lol
    http://d-h.st/HI7
    don't flash it extract and insert into your ROM
    opera wont open, dropbox fcs on me but all the others gmail,, talk, fb, browser, all the goodies work, I Judy think opera and dropbox doesn't like tabletui

+ 1 for keeping the thread alive :) I really dig this unique ROM, and anxiously await further development.
    Is 1.2 out for the atrix, or just mainline?

Well, it was updated to 1.2, based on their update on Galaxy Nexus (Their flagship device) and being that this is port, and not officially "officially" supported (they have Leo on the list with the other devs that ported the rom to their devices), he'd do the same, as far as updating it, for the Atrix (I think???). But, yes, I agree with you. This is by far, my favorite cm9 rom. :D

To keep up, with their progress and whatnot, check these links;

http://betadan.com/paranoid/

http://betadan.com/paranoid/devices/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2