[Q] LG Optimus L3 usb not connecting but charging

Search This thread

Bosskardo

Mar 6, 2014
Pärnu
Hello
My phone: LG E400
rom: SDmerge+ miniCM (not sure if the problem is connected with that as everything was fine at the beginning)

All of a sudden my phone didn't show usb connection any more. No connection is shown in the phone or PC, but the phone is charging.
I tried all usb connection options, usb debugging on/off, no result.
Uninstalled all phone drivers in my PC and reinstalled LG driver, nothing.
Tried another usb cable and another PC, the same problem.
Also tried turning off my phone while connected, no help.

Please help me.

Don't know if it helps but I once saw a strange message in Titanium backup while usb was connected (this was after the problem started, so no usb connection was shown, usb debugging was on). It only happened once, so I'm not 100% sure what it said but it was sth about that I should turn on usb debugging.

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hello
My phone: LG E400
rom: SDmerge+ miniCM (not sure if the problem is connected with that as everything was fine at the beginning)

All of a sudden my phone didn't show usb connection any more. No connection is shown in the phone or PC, but the phone is charging.
I tried all usb connection options, usb debugging on/off, no result.
Uninstalled all phone drivers in my PC and reinstalled LG driver, nothing.
Tried another usb cable and another PC, the same problem.
Also tried turning off my phone while connected, no help.

Please help me.

Don't know if it helps but I once saw a strange message in Titanium backup while usb was connected (this was after the problem started, so no usb connection was shown, usb debugging was on). It only happened once, so I'm not 100% sure what it said but it was sth about that I should turn on usb debugging.

message is fine thats mode for special apps to control phone from pc or when using adb

there is a program to see if phone fully not detected "Advanced USB Port Monitor" it will show all the requests to usb

seems like you need a flash because usbmanager is part of system and i'm not sure if possible to reinstall
wait a little if not in rush maybe someone else can help @slipsystem @AwesomeSMS

Bosskardo

Mar 6, 2014
Pärnu
message is fine thats mode for special apps to control phone from pc or when using adb

there is a program to see if phone fully not detected "Advanced USB Port Monitor" it will show all the requests to usb

seems like you need a flash because usbmanager is part of system and i'm not sure if possible to reinstall
wait a little if not in rush maybe someone else can help @slipsystem @AwesomeSMS

I did format and flashed rom again but it didn't solve it. Does this mean its a hardware issue for sure?

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
No, phone doesn't show up as adb device
I copied rom files to sd card and flashed from recovery.

TRY THIS http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660144

did you try to access phone using adb in recovery mode ? (not cwm !) does it recognise phone in lgmobile support tool whire in recovery mode
1383987_10202220984828399_1471796427_n.jpg
?
if you can then try to recovery mode flash new stock firmware
if not leave it because if anything happens to your cwm you will be stuck until you get usb port/controller (i think controller) repaired (yes its most likely hardware damage)

you could also ask if anyone will provide you with .img partition dumps and then adb wifi sideload them (HARD AND DANGEROUS)

Bosskardo

Mar 6, 2014
Pärnu
TRY THIS http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660144

did you try to access phone using adb in recovery mode ? (not cwm !) does it recognise phone in lgmobile support tool whire in recovery mode
1383987_10202220984828399_1471796427_n.jpg
?
if you can then try to recovery mode flash new stock firmware
if not leave it because if anything happens to your cwm you will be stuck until you get usb port/controller (i think controller) repaired (yes its most likely hardware damage)

you could also ask if anyone will provide you with .img partition dumps and then adb wifi sideload them (HARD AND DANGEROUS)

No, LG support tool doesn't recognize it. I gave up on usb, just been using bt and wifi transfer (not the best solutions but at least I can transfer data).

But sth happened a few days ago. I plugged it in to my laptop for charging and suddenly it connected. It showed as device in the computer. But then I looked at my phone, it was connected as media device. I don't know why but I changed the connection to usb storage straigth away and lost the connection. Changing back to media device and replugging doesn't connect any more, it still charges.
What could that be about?

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
No, LG support tool doesn't recognize it. I gave up on usb, just been using bt and wifi transfer (not the best solutions but at least I can transfer data).

But sth happened a few days ago. I plugged it in to my laptop for charging and suddenly it connected. It showed as device in the computer. But then I looked at my phone, it was connected as media device. I don't know why but I changed the connection to usb storage straigth away and lost the connection. Changing back to media device and replugging doesn't connect any more, it still charges.
What could that be about?

Actually the problem is on your windows not on your phone.

Last edited: