Considering purchase

Search This thread

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
I am considering purchasing the Gold HTC one M8 today. I still have unlimited, and currently on a Galaxy S4, but with an upgrade on a dumbphone line (and another coming next month) I'm thinking of taking advantage of the $99 promotion. I am a former HTC user with the OG Dinc, and the Rezound (not a big fan of that phone). My biggest complaint about HTC was battery life. I swore I'd never own a phone without a removable battery (always carried a spare battery for the Dinc and Rezound) but now with 2 juice packs, an extra battery is pointless, as I never bought one for the S4.

Is the battery comparable to the S5? Should I hold out for the LG G3? I like the Galaxy Note, but will not buy another Samsung as VZW has locked them down too tightly. Just curious on the opinions of current users before I buy one.

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
Great battery life on this phone. Better than s4 by far. I wouldn't buy an LG device because I want a phone with development and a few of my friends have the same phone ( no idea which one but all have the same GPS problem which I'm sure is software related but still).

I'd you can kill the m8 battery in one day and it's not watching movies or playing games, then you need a life. I've never been able to get below 50% street a full 15hr day unless it was using a lot of navigation.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
My record so far is 3d 9h 11m 38s. I typically get at least 2 days before I need to plug it in.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This phone has phenomenal battery life. I, too, never thought I'd buy a sealed battery phone. But this phone is just so good that I did. The development is incredible, the phone looks and feels great, the performance is other-worldly, and the camera is way better than people give it credit for. I'd highly recommend it over the S5, and this is coming from someone who had the GS3 happily for 2 years.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010
Thanks guys. I have 4 lines on my plan. To get the gold M8 yesterday I would have had to use the upgrade from my father in laws phone which would be a pia. Going through the vzw website to transfer it to the extra dumb phone line at home is easier so I'll just order the regular silver from Verizon. Sounds promising. I so wanted HTC to succeed but man the rezound left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Thanks guys. I have 4 lines on my plan. To get the gold M8 yesterday I would have had to use the upgrade from my father in laws phone which would be a pia. Going through the vzw website to transfer it to the extra dumb phone line at home is easier so I'll just order the regular silver from Verizon. Sounds promising. I so wanted HTC to succeed but man the rezound left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

If you have choice of color my household has two (mine being silver) and I definitely prefer the grey

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk