Timur Followers, where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bossman137

Nov 1, 2010
Sandy
So I went ahead a few months back and bought the timur kernal for my n7 2013, then i got busy. Now i go back to the main source of support, his thread right here in this general section and find out that it was closed almost a month ago! I understand the reasoning but also would love to know where to go to for supports and updates, what's everyone doing now that bough his kernal?

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
So I went ahead a few months back and bought the timur kernal for my n7 2013, then i got busy. Now i go back to the main source of support, his thread right here in this general section and find out that it was closed almost a month ago! I understand the reasoning but also would love to know where to go to for supports and updates, what's everyone doing now that bough his kernal?
As of now there is nowhere ....

You can contact him directly for support ....

Hopefully we can find a home soon ....since xda wont accommodate us

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

NNL

Dec 25, 2010
I dont understand how we are allowed to talk about tasker but we cant talk about the software package from Timur. It reeks of favoritism.

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
It has more to do with all the whiny - no skill devs who constantly complain about him not releasing the sources to his kernel ...probably because they cant accomplish the same on there own.

This is the on going theme here with many roms and many highly skilled devs

You see it in any dev section where the devs get reported on for stealing work even though they are the ones who created it. Its a wonder some devs even keep there work public anymore , cause it is constantly happening

As usual the whiners ruin it for everyone ...its a shame but thats the world for you

NNL

Dec 25, 2010
It has more to do with all the whiny - no skill devs who constantly complain about him not releasing the sources to his kernel ...probably because they cant accomplish the same on there own.

This is the on going theme here with many roms and many highly skilled devs

You see it in any dev section where the devs get reported on for stealing work even though they are the ones who created it. Its a wonder some devs even keep there work public anymore , cause it is constantly happening

As usual the whiners ruin it for everyone ...its a shame but thats the world for you

I could swear I have seen some devs on here supporting their paid apps for certain phones.

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/a-guide-to-paid-work-on-xda-developers/

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
I could swear I have seen some devs on here supporting their paid apps for certain phones.

http://www.xda-developers.com/announcements/a-guide-to-paid-work-on-xda-developers/
Did you read the article you linked??

Let me point some things to you that you obviously missed:

Now, a big chunk of Rule 11 deals with other topics aside from paid apps
Pro-Tip #1 – Sell in the correct area

If you have a paid app that you are advertising on xda-developers, it must be posted in the Paid Software Announcement and Discussion section, which has a few guidelines that need to be followed before posting. To save you some reading, you must be a member in good standing with some good history behind you on the site. This way, we ensure that people are not here solely to sell stuff.
Pro-Tip #3 – Link =| Spam

Be mindful of the amount of advertising you do with your paid work. Again, you can link from within the thread of your free version. However, you cannot include direct links to your paid apps in your signature, profile, or anywhere else. You can, however, put links to your free app threads in the aforementioned places, which already contain links to the paid counterparts. Simply put, you must first present your free app before you direct others to your paid work.

I know eh lol

Someone didnt get there cut ???

I don't know what you mean, but xda has never gotten any money from developers, except from volunteer donations to the site that anyone can make.

It has more to do with all the whiny - no skill devs who constantly complain about him not releasing the sources to his kernel ...
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/xda-developers-and-the-gpl/
As a result, we would like to clarify our position on the GPL, and users’ obligations to this effect. By posting your work on XDA-Developers, you are agreeing that it complies with relevant licensing conditions. As such, by posting a kernel or other work containing GPL code, you are confirming to us that you have made this source code available publicly under the GPL, and should highlight this in your thread with a link.

Agreed. Extremely arrogant move.
How is it arrogant?
Please read the forum rules.(8,11)

I dont understand how we are allowed to talk about tasker but we cant talk about the software package from Timur. It reeks of favoritism.
If you see any download link of any paid app please use the report button and the moderation team will take care of it.
Please read the forum rules.(6)

The thread was closed for a reason so you can assume not in the xda forum as long as the kernel remains donation only. You can contact the original developer and ask him.

Thread closed.
I hope I answered your questions, for any comments or further discussion you can contact me via pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.