[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery v2.8.6.0

Search This thread

frantisek.nesveda

Jan 10, 2012
This means that we have to update our TWRP for flashing Android 5.1 roms?

Just as @Rapier said. I have no problems flashing 5.1 ROMs on my Nexus 7 with the older TWRP 2.8.5.0.
The ROMs don't have any structural changes needing an updated recovery, what "Update AOSP base to 5.1" means is that the recovery code was updated with fixes and improvements from AOSP 5.1.

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
twrp-2.8.6.0-ville.img not work

have S-OFF and 2.15 firmware... install twrp-2.8.6.0-ville.img with fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-ville.img from my fastboot folder
reboot to bootloader and go to recovery.. have wite screen and after 10 seconds i have reboots..
what is my proplem ?

pixelfreak

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
have S-OFF and 2.15 firmware... install twrp-2.8.6.0-ville.img with fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.6.0-ville.img from my fastboot folder
reboot to bootloader and go to recovery.. have wite screen and after 10 seconds i have reboots..
what is my proplem ?

pixelfreak
Try to delete the .twrps file from TWRP folder on your sdcard. Also delete any theme you might have for TWRP. If that doesn't work, delete the whole TWRP folder and reflash recovery

Sent from nowhere over the air...

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
Try to delete the .twrps file from TWRP folder on your sdcard. Also delete any theme you might have for TWRP. If that doesn't work, delete the whole TWRP folder and reflash recovery

this is not the mistake... have test this

the One_S_All-In-One_Kit_v TWRPS4.img works this is 2.6.0.0

Last edited:

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
this is not the mistake... have test this

the One_S_All-In-One_Kit_v TWRPS4.img works this is 2.6.0.0
It was somebody else that had this issue, if recovery is written correctly you should be able to access it. The other guy solved the problem by reflashing the firmware

Last edited:

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

It was somebody else that had this issue, if recovery is written correctly you should be able to access it. The other guy solved the problem by reflashing the firware

this day i have change the first original firmware
i have test install new TWRP over old cwm and not work... i have installed the 2.6.0.0 and works... with recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.8-ville.img i have the same proplem not work..
this device is not easy..lol

matu89

Feb 4, 2014
yes...
only newer recovery make the proplem....
the TWRP Manager from store have crash when install the 2.8.6.0

i must flash a su.zip and than the recovery?

I had this issue once and let me guess u flashed the few kb 2.15 version the one without the red text , and that cause the problem .
All u have to do is to flash the full 2.15 version u can find it on Flashalot theard and than u will able to flash the newest recovery .
And after u flash the recovery move the rom to ur sdcard and flash the rom u want, most rom comes with SU built in
Good luck.

Reactions: -pixelfreak-

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
I had this issue once and let me guess u flashed the few kb 2.15 version the one without the red text , and that cause the problem .
All u have to do is to flash the full 2.15 version u can find it on Flashalot theard and than u will able to flash the newest recovery .
And after u flash the recovery move the rom to ur sdcard and flash the rom u want, most rom comes with SU built in
Good luck.

many thanks...
Flashalot have many threads. what a thread you mean? http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-s/development/rom-t2964931

pixelfreak

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
yes have found this time...

Update: added Official Unbranded 2.15 Firmware (Sense)
Download
MD5: 2f5467f6fdcc854198a95d6ed7146c7f
This package is modified. Contents: Official Unbranded 2.15 Firmware, So You should be good to Go. This package does Not wipes SDcard.

this or other??

pixelfreak
I'm sorry, I've given the wrong link initially, haven't noticed the thread is in the One XL forum not One S. I've corrected the link in my initial post.

Yes, the file you've found is right. It is THIS file

After flashing it, you should flash the latest official TWRP from HERE.

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
just to remind u that u need to add ur cid to the "android-info.txt" and if for some reason ur not able to do so ( i remebered that back than i couldnt) so just get supercid before u flash .
Yes but this is needed only if he gets that error with invalid CID. He could have already a supported CID/MID
I had this issue and I've edited the file fine. You just have to open the zip with winrar for ex, extract the file, edit it to match your CID/MID then add it back to the archive overwriting the file there

Last edited:

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
Yes but this is needed only if he gets that error with invalid CID. He could have already a supported CID/MID
I had this issue and I've edited the file fine. You just have to open the zip with winrar for ex, extract the file, edit it to match your CID/MID then add it back to the archive overwriting the file there

i have CID 111111.... will test later with other 2.15 from Flashalot and hope this works :p

in the Flashalot android-info.txt is this:

modelid: PJ4010000
cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__A07
mainver: 3.16.401.8
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:3

i must set new line with:
cidnum: 11111111

???

Last edited:

matu89

Feb 4, 2014
i have CID 111111.... will test later with other 2.15 from Flashalot and hope this works :p

in the Flashalot android-info.txt is this:

modelid: PJ4010000
cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__A07
mainver: 3.16.401.8
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:3

i must set new line with:
cidnum: 11111111

???

No , in that case u good to go .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since there has been some confusion about which recovery to use when flashing KitKat and Lollipop ROMs, here is the thread for it.
    This is NOT my work, all thanks go to @mdmower

This recovery is REQUIRED for flashing KitKat ROMs and Lollipop ROMs

To install, go to bootloader and type in: fastboot flash recovery (filename).img

Official TWRP (All Hboots) - 2.8.6.0

Unofficial TWRP (All Hboots) - 2.8.5.5

Material Design TWRP Themes (thanks @letsurock)
    I know the first post says only the 2.8.1.1 universal works on Hboot 2.16, but is it possible that this one would work too?
    I compared the commits from mdmower which make the universal TWRP with the ramdisk of 2.8.5.0 and the stuff needed for dual hboot compatibility is there. For example there is a fstab for both the 2.15 and 2.16 partition layout in /etc, but in the init scripts the code to choose the right fstab is missing. EDIT: The script to choose the right fstab for the right hboot is there too.
    Does anybody have any info about it?
    Thanks

EDIT: @Hauk92 in the Q/A thread agrees.

Updated the thread to show official twrp is for 2.16 aswell
    2.7.1.3-beta has been released, download:
    hboot 2.15
    hboot 2.16
    Thanks to @mdmower

Changelog:
    Code:
    Unofficial 2.7.1.2/2.7.1.3: Important changes since official 2.7.1.0
    [2.7.1.3-beta] Built with cm-11.0 base
    [2.7.1.3-beta] Refactor battery charging indicator into lib (gerrit 9332)
    Correctly write bootloader messages to /misc partition without wiping everything else
    Track backup and restore progress
    Color in the console
    Refresh after partition changes
    Do not restore file system on data/media devices
    libtar: don’t set parent dir’s context when extracting a file
    HTC LED charging indicator