[Q] unrevoked or revolutionary?

Search This thread

jmurdz

Feb 5, 2011
how long should this hang up at waiting for device?? I have the phone in fastboot but is not read the devices. DO I need to install USB drivers?

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
how long should this hang up at waiting for device?? I have the phone in fastboot but is not read the devices. DO I need to install USB drivers?

Yes the drivers need to be installed and you will need the fastboot drivers for fastboot to recognize the device not just the htc drivers

>Sent from my Anonymous DeathStar in the depths of GalaXy S2<

-Coming soon to an Evo4G near you?: [AoSP]EViL-MoD_FReEvO v0.1[Free your phone]-

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Pda net drivers are for usb tether you need htc diagnostic drivers and htc usb fastboot drivers fast boot drivers should be found with revolutionary.io or on htcdev.com or search the dev forum or Google and make sure you get drivers for your windows version if you are on 64-bit windows they need to be installed in the x86 folder

>Sent from my Anonymous DeathStar in the depths of GalaXy S2<

-Coming soon to an Evo4G near you?: [AoSP]EViL-MoD_FReEvO v0.1[Free your phone]-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took it to a repair shop and instead of repairing they gave me a replacement.

v2.3.5
    baseband 2.15.00.12.19
    build 4.67.651.3
    software 4.67.651.3
    pri 2.33_003
    prl 60685

last time I rooted was with unrevoked forever. the new method is revolutionary right?

since your on 2.3.5 you most likely have hboot 2.18. Your root method is going to be HTCdev.com. After you s-on unlocked with HTC dev you can either downgrade to a earlier version like froyo or GB and root with unrevoked or revolutionary or you can stay s-on unlocked but lose out on certain things because you wont be fully NAND unlocked(s-off) just unlocked s-on
    HBOOT IS 2.18.0001 which revolutionary doesn't appear to support. Also highlighted in pink it is displaying *** LOCKED (OOW) ***

I have a feeling someone is going to tell me it cant be rooted....

Have to use HTCdev.com to s-on unlock then flash recovery through fastboot then superuser binaries and superuser zip
    heres a guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1473373

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
    I would rather use revolutionary as I've rooted a few other people's evo's with that method and it went fairly smooth. What im confused about is the hboot. I have to get the hboot to atleast 2.16.0001 and simply flashing a GB rom won't do that right? So do I need to find the radio thread and find an hboot file and can I even downgrade the hboot from 2.18 to 2.16 in order to use revolutionary to obtain s-off so that i can go back to what i was used to?

Simply flashing a rom wont affect radios ect. With S-on unlocked you CANT flash radios or hboots so you have to do a certain process in order to downgrade. You have to follow these steps exactly in order to downgrade. http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...18-HBOOT-with-HTCDev-com-No-More-Watermark!-)
    I have it to where it is currently running Froyo. I followed all of the instructions. I'm not trying to root it using unrevoked as after downgrading, the root access was taken away. The unrevoked app pushes the recovery and sits at a status of "installing unrevoked3 service..." and never finishes. That's where i'm stuck at. I'm not new to rooting, just didn't have to go about it this way the last time. If unrevoked keeps failing, then I will give revolutionary a try if it supports froyo.

I've never used unrevoked so I have no idea how it works. Always felt that revolutionary was more simpler. Revolutionary only supports hboot 2.16 and 2.15 so you can take a ota just make sure its not the 4.67 ota

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
    Hell yeah, Are you s-on or s-off. as stated by evo4gnoob earlier, there are more advantages to s-off. flashing kernells,radios and such. Makes for a much more enjoyable expierience as far as flashing and moding,,,Later:cool: