Sprint FD02 to FG01 OTA Update File

Search This thread

armyturtle

Aug 23, 2007
My phone is [was] rooted. It received the update and I didn't want to accept it but that popup kept pissing me off asking if I wanted to "install now or later" every 5 minutes. I was determined to stop it. I found the update waiting in the /cache folder. I copy/pasted it to my internal documents folder. Then I deleted it from /cache. After a reboot the nagging pop up stopped. Next I did a full copy/paste of all the system app .APK's from /system/app. If local search is one of them, I have it - though I'm not sure what local search is or how to tell what it was because I never used it. Is local search the google search bar that sits at the top of the home screen? I still have that installed.

After doing a full backup of my phone in CWM I installed the update from the .zip file in CWM. It took 7-10 minutes but then completed and I rebooted. The update breaks root. I haven't rerooted yet but attempts to return to the recovery mode (holding power + up + down volume buttons, then choosing "recovery mode" with volume buttons and selecting with power button) results in an icon of an android with his belly open and a red triangle icon with an exclamation point in it. My phone does boot normally though; it's just attempting to go to CWM recovery mode that gives me issue, again because this update breaks root.

**Update** I re-flashed twrp-toroplus-2.1.2-SPRINT.img and got into recovery mode immediately afterwards (without rebooting after the flash). From there I "installed from .zip" the CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip file. I'm now rooted once again on the new FG01 update.

I've linked to the update file I pulled from /cache prior to updating - though if you're not rooted I'm not sure how you'll be able to install this.
http://justbeamit.com/600fc

Last edited:
Reactions: kapilthio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My phone is [was] rooted. It received the update and I didn't want to accept it but that popup kept pissing me off asking if I wanted to "install now or later" every 5 minutes. I was determined to stop it. I found the update waiting in the /cache folder. I copy/pasted it to my internal documents folder. Then I deleted it from /cache. After a reboot the nagging pop up stopped. Next I did a full copy/paste of all the system app .APK's from /system/app. If local search is one of them, I have it - though I'm not sure what local search is or how to tell what it was because I never used it. Is local search the google search bar that sits at the top of the home screen? I still have that installed.

After doing a full backup of my phone in CWM I installed the update from the .zip file in CWM. It took 7-10 minutes but then completed and I rebooted. The update breaks root. I haven't rerooted yet but attempts to return to the recovery mode (holding power + up + down volume buttons, then choosing "recovery mode" with volume buttons and selecting with power button) results in an icon of an android with his belly open and a red triangle icon with an exclamation point in it. My phone does boot normally though; it's just attempting to go to CWM recovery mode that gives me issue, again because this update breaks root.

**Update** I re-flashed twrp-toroplus-2.1.2-SPRINT.img and got into recovery mode immediately afterwards (without rebooting after the flash). From there I "installed from .zip" the CWM-SuperSU-v0.92.zip file. I'm now rooted once again on the new FG01 update.

I've linked to the update file I pulled from /cache prior to updating - though if you're not rooted I'm not sure how you'll be able to install this.
    http://justbeamit.com/600fc