Cwm for lg-l40g

Search This thread

ari3z

May 9, 2012
Finalyvgot the optimus etreme l40g rooted jus wondering if any body know ofva cwm recovey i can install on the phone having trouble getting one any help would be appricated
Sent from my LG-L40G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ks58

ari3z

May 9, 2012
Does any body have this phone or know of a recovery that might work for it ..i know its the l5 us model similar to the l5 e610 and e612

ks58

Feb 23, 2013
Lake City
LG L40G rooting

Hi, I see you said you got your optimus extreme rooted. I have been trying to do the same forever, but get many permission denied notices, etc..
Mine is a Net10 phone and I know they use added security, but if there is a way to root this phone, I would love to know the proceedure! Thanks a million! Kevin

Finalyvgot the optimus etreme l40g rooted jus wondering if any body know ofva cwm recovey i can install on the phone having trouble getting one any help would be appricated

ari3z

May 9, 2012
Last edited:

ari3z

May 9, 2012
O and once you do root this phone I recommend not installing the beats audio app from market at all it will f up your phones speakers and sound in general jus don't I tryd it and had to get a new phone ...but net 10 will send you a new one tho mine is on its way back from Texas...lol but if you come a cross a cwm recovery for the lg extrem let me know k thanks n

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app

ks58

Feb 23, 2013
Lake City
LG L40G (Optimus Extreme) rooting problem

I tried the method you meantioned and I got to where the program got stuck in running loop. I can get into my rom and see that security is on, and it asks for a pin to be able to disable Nand. This phone is very specific to Net10, hard to find in a search or on any list. I thank everyone who offers and has offered any advice on this. Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

ari3z

May 9, 2012
Yes I have the net ten phone also..your gunna run the .bat file then it the phone should ask you for a recovery pin number you can put in any number you want just has to be 4 or 5 digits I used the last 4 of my net10 cell number then it should reboot the phone and it might give you an error on the program but phone should reboot to normal then try it again a couple times it should say every thing success full once you see that reboot the phone and run the program again if I says successful again then your good download root checker and super user from market n run the root checker and should be good like I said be for I have this phone also bought it from best buy its the net 10 lg extreme .. its gonna give you a hard time for a couple tries but it will work I think I'm probly the only one to have done it with this program so u should be the second

ari3z

May 9, 2012
When you run the program what option did you pick for your phone it should be the last option that dosnt have a phone model ...but this is how I did it exactly ... 1.download the file
2.hard reset the phone holding volume down home button n power once the lg logo appears at start up let go of the power button should factory reset ..
3.go to settings allow unknown sources USB debugging in able..
4.plug the phone to computer. Should have all the lg drivers installed ... of course ..when the phone prompts for USB connection type click on the one that says lg install or something like that should install some extra drivers if you haven't done that already.
5.then run the program as administrator if you aren't already then click the last option.
6.it should push all the files to phone should get fail for a certain amount of it .. but should prompt on your phone for a recovery pin put in any number you wish
6.it should reboot phone.. repeat the program again same options enter a recovery pin at promt and phone should reboot again repeat until it gives you all success full promps on your computer then repeat one more time ...

7. You should have root after the second success full attempt check install root checker n super user ..run root checker n ur all set..
8. Just a tip after you get root on your l40g you can factory reset it or hard reset it if you want and you won't loose root nor brick your device...

ks58

Feb 23, 2013
Lake City
Thanks, will give this a try. Have not been on the forum for awhile. Computer crashed. Hope I am the second one to get this to work! :D

Yes I have the net ten phone also..your gunna run the .bat file then it the phone should ask you for a recovery pin number you can put in any number you want just has to be 4 or 5 digits I used the last 4 of my net10 cell number then it should reboot the phone and it might give you an error on the program but phone should reboot to normal then try it again a couple times it should say every thing success full once you see that reboot the phone and run the program again if I says successful again then your good download root checker and super user from market n run the root checker and should be good like I said be for I have this phone also bought it from best buy its the net 10 lg extreme .. its gonna give you a hard time for a couple tries but it will work I think I'm probly the only one to have done it with this program so u should be the second

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Thanks! Kinda hate to hard reset and lose all customization but guess thats the price you pay. Will definitely give this another try though. Did manage to backup programs and phonebook. Most important really. Thanks again!

When you run the program what option did you pick for your phone it should be the last option that dosnt have a phone model ...but this is how I did it exactly ... 1.download the file
2.hard reset the phone holding volume down home button n power once the lg logo appears at start up let go of the power button should factory reset ..
4.plug the phone to computer. Should have all the lg drivers installed ... of course ..when the phone prompts for USB connection type click on the one that says lg install or something like that should install some extra drivers if you haven't done that already.
5.then run the program as administrator if you aren't already then click the last option.
6.it should push all the files to phone should get fail for a certain amount of it .. but should prompt on your phone for a recovery pin put in any number you wish
6.it should reboot phone.. repeat the program again same options enter a recovery pin at promt and phone should reboot again repeat until it gives you all success full promps on your computer then repeat one more time ...

7. You should have root after the second success full attempt check install root checker n super user ..run root checker n ur all set..
8. Just a tip after you get root on your l40g you can factory reset it or hard reset it if you want and you won't loose root nor brick your device...

ks58

Feb 23, 2013
Lake City
Unbelievable, I am finally rooted. Thanks so much! Now the only thing I have left is to find a custom rom as well. I know the Lg L5 is very similar but I dont think I will trust it to be close enough to flash with. I guess we will all keep waiting or just be happy with what we've gotten so far :cool:

ari3z

May 9, 2012
Unbelievable, I am finally rooted. Thanks so much! Now the only thing I have left is to find a custom rom as well. I know the Lg L5 is very similar but I dont think I will trust it to be close enough to flash with. I guess we will all keep waiting or just be happy with what we've gotten so far :cool:

your welcome yea i just got my new one from net 10 the only thing i havent been able to find is a recovery that will work for this phone .. as for the l5 roms you can flash them if you have a custom recovery only problem is you wont get any cell or data service on your phone after the flash i tried the l3 roms on the optimus logic they are the same phone just diffrent radios of somthing like that

ari3z

May 9, 2012

hey i found a way to istall a working cwm recovery just did it and it works now just need some custom roms heres the link to install recovery and unlock bot loader http://www.hackmyandroid.com/clockworkmod-cwm-touch-recovery-for-lg-optimus-l5/4073

skulls13

May 4, 2013
cwm recovery lg l40g

I am also looking for this same thing.I do understand this is somewhat a new model ,but i hope more users will see this thread and make a post to show we are out here waiting patiently for mod updates to this phone!
the dev community are dedicated to free use"make it yours",this is the reason i chose this phone in the first place!no Contract BS.My phone is rooted just need CWM in order to mod it.also have a heavy mod SGS Cappy,was the phone i learned on.
If any files or such are needed from my lg l40g to get the modding up to speed on this model,please SHOUT.will be happy to help All.:D

A HUGE THANKS TO " Bin4ry " FOR THE ROOT!

Last edited:

porto35

Apr 1, 2007
how to sim unlock LG l40g

I get the unlock code for my LG L40G but have no idea how to enter it. Already tried dial 2945#*40# but the only thing I saw is SIM UNLOCK PROCESS and network lock. Click Network lock it shows "your phone is not personalized". Anybody could help?

porto35

Apr 1, 2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get the unlock code for my LG L40G but have no idea how to enter it. Already tried dial 2945#*40# but the only thing I saw is SIM UNLOCK PROCESS and network lock. Click Network lock it shows "your phone is not personalized". Anybody could help?

This is a bit late, but I can help. After messing around in so many ways with my Optimus Extreme, I've learned this: It's deadlocked to Net10. Basically, as far as I know, Net10 phones are stuck with Net10. When I put in the sim I want to use with another service, it says "Service Provider Locked." I thought that meant I should be able to unlock it. But sadly, "service unlock" just doesn't show up in the menu. Network unlock does, but I've come to realize that "Your phone is not personalized" means that yes, it is indeed unlocked for the network. When watching another video that actually showed an L5 being unlocked (twin to our phone) it showed an entire selection beyond Network unlock that I didn't have.

Bottom line, LG L40G is forever a slave. I'm not sure why no one ever posts this. For those who are very new to hacking their phones, it's not a no-brainer. We all have to learn somewhere.