Carbon Rom Nightlies for M8 look to be live!

Search This thread

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
I'm sure that someone from the Carbon team will make an official post sometime soon but I periodically check their database and noticed that they now have nightlies for the M8! Woohoo! Was one of my favorites on my MoPho 4G LTE and M7 so looking forward to installing this in just a few minutes.

Here's the link: https://carbonrom.org/downloads/?device=m8&type=nightly

P.S. Hope this is not out of line for me to post before someone from their team does I just wanted to share my happiness! =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Greetings,
I moved your thread to General and removed the link until it can be confirmed working on the Sprint M8.

Thanks BD619

Last edited:

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Greetings,
I moved your thread to General and removed the link until it can be confirmed working on the Sprint M8.

Thanks BD619

Fair enough, good sir. I do not know what exactly you require to show as proof but here are some screenshots I just took after installing^^

Don't judge me on my quick theming, was just trying to show the customizations work =P

After first reboot I did get a Gapps FC but I believe that may be due to the outdated binary I was warned of when installing the Gapps package I used(LiquidGapps from the Liquid Rom download page). Also, this ROM appears to be afflicted with the same forgetfulness as the other AOSP ROMs when it comes to WiFi passwords but so far those are the only things I've come across and one of them was likely my fault.

Attachments

• carbon1.png
    carbon1.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 167
  • carbon2.png
    carbon2.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 151
  • carbon3.png
    carbon3.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 148
  • carbon4.png
    carbon4.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Fair enough, good sir. I do not know what exactly you require to show as proof but here are some screenshots I just took after installing^^

Don't judge me on my quick theming, was just trying to show the customizations work =P

After first reboot I did get a Gapps FC but I believe that may be due to the outdated binary I was warned of when installing the Gapps package I used(LiquidGapps from the Liquid Rom download page). Also, this ROM appears to be afflicted with the same forgetfulness as the other AOSP ROMs when it comes to WiFi passwords but so far those are the only things I've come across and one of them was likely my fault.
Thanks for confirming, my concern was it was built for GSM devices, and it would soft brick a Sprint device.
I don't see any harm in posting the link again. :D

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Thanks for confirming, my concern was it was built for GSM devices, and it would soft brick a Sprint device.
I don't see any harm in posting the link again. :D

No problem. I remembered I think Aarrgghh saying that CArbon wouldn't have a m8 build until Cyanogen unified their m8 devices so I knew once I saw it up there it was going to work for CDMA as well as GSM but I should definitely have posted AFTER installing and trying it if I'm going to promote a link, haha. Thanks for keeping me from possibly doing someone else a disservice.^^

Here is the link again if anyone wants to try it out:
http://carbonrom.org/downloads/?device=m8&type=nightly

The 5/20 build is still running stable for me since I installed last night. Haven't tried the 5/22 one yet but I'm about to. ^^

Happy Flashing!

Last edited:

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Yeah, I've came across another...camera app(native or 3rd party) seems to cause a reboot when opened. Possibly one or two more but i don't know if it would be better to wait for an official carbon thread/dev before i start complaining, haha. :)

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts