SCH-i545 Verizon GSIV - Stock from Root MK2

Search This thread

cpiercew

Dec 21, 2013
chantilly
saferoot with SCH-I545 MK2 still not working

No custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

That's caused by a defect in the install script that I introduced when trying to add more prompting to help people connect. Re-download and it should be OK.

Not sure if I have the same problem but using saferoot doesnt seem to work anymore on my build: GS4 SCH-I545, MK2. Using saferoot from Mac (sh ./install.sh) using simple instructions, for some reason the script fails.

usermbp:saferoot user$ adb shell
shell@jfltevzw:/ $ exit
usermbp:saferoot user$ sh ./install.sh
--- Samsung i545 VRUEMJ7 Root ---
--- Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube ---

Waiting for device...
Watch your phone. Unlock it and give permission for the install to run.
Sending files to your device...
2363 KB/s (17804 bytes in 0.007s)
3412 KB/s (104800 bytes in 0.029s)
2208 KB/s (13592 bytes in 0.006s)
3248 KB/s (2139595 bytes in 0.643s)
4732 KB/s (1109128 bytes in 0.228s)
293 KB/s (629 bytes in 0.002s)

Starting rooting program.
ro.build.product=jfltevzw
ro.build.id=JSS15J
selinux enforcing known.
Succeeded in getroot!
Remount success!
Copying files..

Removing temporary files...
error: device not found

Rebooting...Please wait.
Waiting for device to re-appear...
Unlock your phone, and when prompted, give SuperSU permission for
'ADB shell' to run.
/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/su: not found
Installing busybox

--- All Finished ---
usermbp:saferoot user$

kkrucek

Jan 15, 2011
Any luck ?

So your device isn't rooted anymore? I'm trying to find a sure way to root my S4 i545 MK2 because I'm a noob. . .

Any luck with this I also have a new S4 SCH-I545 .... on MK2 looking for a solid root....im a bit of s noob too I had a old Driod-X I had rooted but new to S4

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
What's mk2's kernel version? Can someone post a pic of settings>> more>>about phone scroll all the way down and take a screenshot (like the pic attached)

Or open terminal and type:
Code:
cat /proc/version
Paste the ouput, should show something like this:

Linux version 3.4.0-1937946 (se.infra@R0302-07) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 4 15:15:28 KST 2013

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1387855494341.jpg
    1387855494341.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

cpiercew

Dec 21, 2013
chantilly
What's mk2's kernel version? Can someone post a pic of settings>> more>>about phone scroll all the way down and take a screenshot (like the pic attached)

Or open terminal and type:
Code:
cat /proc/version
Paste the ouput, should show something like this:

Linux version 3.4.0-1937946 (se.infra@R0302-07) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 4 15:15:28 KST 2013

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Below is my screenshot after re-flashing stock MK2 from Kies and successfully running your latest 3.70 safestrap.
Kernel: 3.4.0
se.infra@R0210-09 #1

Safestrap works great now, not sure why it didn't work with previous MK2 stock I downloaded: SCH-I545_VZW_1_20131212083410_mwx72ql56g_fac.zip

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-24-05-26-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-24-05-26-28.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 219

fafinaf

Jan 28, 2012
Los Angeles
I was having issues with my phone that resulted in me having to Odin back to mj7.. I didn't really notice or realize that it was mj7 I was flashing..

I was fortunate enough to get my s4 when it was still pre-updated and therefore never accepted the OTA that was bugging me to download. I forget the actual version but up until a few hours ago when I ODINed back to mj7, I was flashing roms left and right. Mainly all of the newest kit kat 4.4.2 nightlies and stuff without any problems.

My question pretty much is am I now screwed in terms of being able to go back to how things were? Isn't it possible that I can just download the firmware tar file I was on before and flash that through odin? Skimming through some info I Googled it's looking more and more like my worst expectations have come to fruition.

Don't tell me that I could have just made sure I flashed a different file through odin and avoided this whole mess.. I really miss using 4.4.2 and flashing roms and stuff without having to worry about what the hell "safestrap" and stuff is.. what are my options right now? No odin flash to get me back to where I was??

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
I was having issues with my phone that resulted in me having to Odin back to mj7.. I didn't really notice or realize that it was mj7 I was flashing..

I was fortunate enough to get my s4 when it was still pre-updated and therefore never accepted the OTA that was bugging me to download. I forget the actual version but up until a few hours ago when I ODINed back to mj7, I was flashing roms left and right. Mainly all of the newest kit kat 4.4.2 nightlies and stuff without any problems.

My question pretty much is am I now screwed in terms of being able to go back to how things were? Isn't it possible that I can just download the firmware tar file I was on before and flash that through odin? Skimming through some info I Googled it's looking more and more like my worst expectations have come to fruition.

Don't tell me that I could have just made sure I flashed a different file through odin and avoided this whole mess.. I really miss using 4.4.2 and flashing roms and stuff without having to worry about what the hell "safestrap" and stuff is.. what are my options right now? No odin flash to get me back to where I was??

You had MDK and you can't go back. Please read: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

Capitol0Zero

Feb 14, 2014
i545 failed update

Got it fixed. :) Used Kies to download MK2 and reflash. All is now well. Still have the file if anyone else needs it.

Do you still have that file you can send through 4shared or something. Right now my phone is sitting on a screen that says: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. When I try it in Kies it says Kies does not support this feature for this device. Or something to that effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Surge1223

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Do you still have that file you can send through 4shared or something. Right now my phone is sitting on a screen that says: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. When I try it in Kies it says Kies does not support this feature for this device. Or something to that effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried a full wipe in Odin?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

If you have my bad just figured I'd link that to you in case

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Reactions: Surge1223

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So your device isn't rooted anymore? I'm trying to find a sure way to root my S4 i545 MK2 because I'm a noob. . .

There are several ways to root the mk2 version but both vroot and kingo have been deemed unsafe by the xda mods, in the development thread there is however a root method for mj7 that does in fact work with mk2. also im gonna warn you before hand that there is no custom recovery available for the mk2 or mj7 versions of the gs4.

Link to saferoot method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
    Is there a way to go back to MD5 from MK2 once you have root?

Do u mean mdk?....there is no way