I am a moron stupid mistake please help!

Search This thread

slade1style

Feb 23, 2012
Austin
Ive rooted and flashed roms many time and this morning I wasnt thinking and was in goo mngr and flashed 10.2. whatever cm nightly. Of course im mk4 4.3 and that of course is 4.4. anyway it worked except for the fact it would not install google play even though i did g apps and was 4.4 as well so nothing would load as far as apps. And I tried to restore in my philz touch recovery and would not restore md5 mismatch. so after long frustration I factory reset my phone because after all the time of trying to restore it had little space left and plus it stoped reading my ext sd card how convienient. So I downloaded the stock l900vpubmk4 tar file and went to donload mode and open odin set pda for that file and hit start and it will not go past saying startup connection. And now when I try to turn on recovery it says problem with the firmware go to kies recovery to solve this issue or something to that effect which I have never seen this before so there it is Big Mistake if I have to I will go buy a note 3 and be done with it ive put this phone through hell and back so im supprised its taken this long. Any suggestion would be greatly appreaciated!

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Use an OFFICIAL CABLE! I cannot stress this enough. Use a Samsung or HTC USB cable or find someone who has one (some cheap cables have never worked for me when servicing phones through Odin). Put your phone into Download mode, connect the USB cable, wait a few seconds, now open Odin. You should see a COM port. Try it now.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!