Dual SIM support - telephony-msim

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Earlier this year dual SIM support was added to cm: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_opt_telephony-msim
Is there anyone working on this for omni? What is the challenge integrating it into the omni tree? Does it require a lot of modification of frameworks and telephony?

It's a massive amount of effort that has a high risk of breaking things, and 0 devices currently supported by Omni use it.

The only devices anyone is working on that might benefit from this are Moto G (and most of its maintainers just don't have the time for it and also don't have XT1033 variants) and possibly Oppo R819 - but R819 has all sorts of other issues.

aguaz

Jan 16, 2014
That does not sound too motivating.
On Google I/O a dual SIM Android One phone was shown. Hopefully that means AOSP L/One will come with native Dual SIM support.

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
It's a massive amount of effort that has a high risk of breaking things, and 0 devices currently supported by Omni use it.

The only devices anyone is working on that might benefit from this are Moto G (and most of its maintainers just don't have the time for it and also don't have XT1033 variants) and possibly Oppo R819 - but R819 has all sorts of other issues.

i don't know whether you still are on this thing or not. But today i saw this post in the ages. I have dual sim device XT1033. Well still omni is avaliable for single sim devices or did it changed for good. something for dual sim ??

Top Liked Posts