[ROM][Official][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Search This thread

Dandude159

Feb 7, 2011
What launcher are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Both Stock and Nova

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Its Trebuchet. the alignment, etc. isnt exactly like stock - which is why it looks ok in AOKP. Personally I much prefer the stock alignment as well.

What can be done to revert to stock alignment while still using cm?

E

E.Cadro

Thank you CyanogenMod for creating an official thread for the nexus 4 community.

Sent from my Nocturnalized One XL using Forum Runner

ekeefe41

Jan 31, 2009
Anyone tried this for a daily driver yet?

I am coming from the Vibrant the the developer FaultException always did an extraordinary job, but I always had battery life issues. So, A part of me just wants to enjoy this phone and just stay stock+root.

Anyway, if someone could possible report on battery life and stability i would love it. Thank you.

itsalexaye90

Sep 24, 2012
Detroit, MI

I am coming from the Vibrant the the developer FaultException always did an extraordinary job, but I always had battery life issues. So, A part of me just wants to enjoy this phone and just stay stock+root.

Anyway, if someone could possible report on battery life and stability i would love it. Thank you.

Been using it as a daily driver since it first came out yesterday morning. Works great :)

n82k

Jul 25, 2012
Denver

Yes. It runs as good or better/smoother than stock. Only thing is in not getting quite as good battery life but still making it well through the day (12± hours). Had to flash the update manually as the cmupdater failed for some reason. All_in-all this tom runs great and can see myself never flashing any other.

Sent from Nexus 4 - cm10 -

n82k

Jul 25, 2012
Denver
Erm, when trying to update to 29/11 from 28/11... Using cmupdater. Once in recovery I get...

cannot find file... /cmupdater
cannot verify
install unknown zip?
update now?

I didn't want to chance installing a zip that might be wrong. Any ideas?? Anyone else get this?

Manual flash works fine. Be sure to re-flash gapps as well.

Sent from Nexus 4 - cm10 -

rmkilc

Nov 12, 2011
Vancouver, WA
www.rmkilc.com

Been using this as my daily driver since it was out (yesterday, lol). Seems stable, and so far my battery is quite a bit better than stock. 9.5 hours with 60% battery left. But I need more time to know for sure.

wolfboy1984

Dec 7, 2011
Dubai
I forgot about that! If it just said Miracast I'd have known lol. I've read it before, and just now, but I'm still unsure! It's a great feature of 4.2. But only if I can get it working.

To be compatible then, does your TV have to have WiFi direct, or just WiFi. Are they different things or the same? :confused:
I won this TV http://m.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-32LS575T-smart-tvs with my N4.

Edit. This TV does have WiFi Direct so it should work fine I'm guessing.

Last edited:

yokken

Dec 29, 2010
I cleared data and cache before I flashed this, followed by the unofficial 4.2.1 gapps someone linked to. It was mostly fine all the way through. I installed apps, configured it the way I like it, logged into applications, got it all "cozied in", took me ~30 minutes or so while doing other stuff on the computer. I rebooted and flashed the Matr1x kernel. I got constant FCs for com.android.phone and com.nfcservice or something, they just kept popping up and wouldn't let me do anything onscreen. I'd say OK to one and it would just pop up again. Soooo I restored. I just like it to work. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.1 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Optional: adb backup
    3. Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Issues?

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly:
    Download: link

Google Apps addon:
    Use 4.2 gapps:
    Download: link

GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

We ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc. may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and just makes for lazy users.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

From now on, can we ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and makes for lazy users.
    All,

Please remember that Nightlies are experimental builds and even though we have been lucky thus far that Nexus builds have been fairly stable, we can, and many times do (remember the GPS issue last week), break things in Nightlies.

4.2.2 just got merged this morning and the builds, even for Nexus devices, are not 100% functional yet. Give it a day or two for the device maintainers to work out the kinks and stabilise things.

Please STOP flashing bootloaders, radios, kernels and random 4.2.2 builds and wait patiently for another 24 to 48 hours for things to be sorted out. It won't kill you to wait but it might kill your device if you rush things.
    I'll get flamed for saying this, but the problem with CM is that they've become another OEM skin. The reason it takes so long for Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. to update phones to a new version of Android is because of all the customizations they do. Their customizations conflict with AOSP so they have to re-integrate them. Well CM is now in the same boat. it is so highly customized that new versions of Android break their code base.

If anyone remembers when ICS came out, that was the best example of this. It took the CM team so long to port their customizations to ICS, that Jelly Bean ended up being released before CM 9 (ICS) was officially released. They did a better job with Jelly Bean, mostly because the changes to Android weren't as big.

I love CM, and it is always my ROM of choice. But they've strayed so far from their original vision of bringing AOSP to the masses. They are now just another custom OEM skin that retains the AOSP look and feel. I appreciate everything they do and love the customizations, but unfortunately it makes it harder for them to keep phones up to date.

/end rant

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. CM is not, and never will be "an OEM skin".

Our 'customizations' have very little to do with how long it takes to merge a new version. There are many, many other factors that contribute, including ensuring it works well on the many, many devices we support.

Yes, its not always an easy process to bring our features over - especially when Google completely re-architects parts of the system (like lock screen in 4.2) but then if you want AOSP, why don't you just install AOSP?

Insulting the CM team is not going to make the 4.2.2 merge go any faster, in fact, it may just delay things, why should even I bother spending my personal time adding a feature to CM (like cLock or Quick reply etc.) when this is the type of response it gets?
    Re: [ROM][Official][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

General comment:

There are probably a few things broken in the current nightlies similar to the quiet hours issue from yesterday. It will take us a few days to check everything and fix the parts of the merge that did not quite come out right.

If you notice any old cm10.1 functionality that now no longer works quite the way it should (like the quiet hours issue) please post it here and I will look out for it.

Please don't ask us to fix things that were broken before. We need to get this build to pre-merge state first.

The rest of the month is focused on stability and bug fix in anticipation of the next M release.