[Q] heating up

Search This thread

abuthaj

May 7, 2014
Guys... i jus bought a new note 8... this is my frst tab n the devise starts heating up on jusnreadin a few e books... or downloading an app or 2... i was wondering wthrer this was normal... the heating isconfined to the left side of the device... could someone gimme an advice as to whthr dis is normal or not... n also i d taken dis bac to the service center on the 4th day of purchase n they wer willing to replace the device... unfortunately it was not avaliable in the market... the service engineers sed dat this was the normal heating for the device... but agan im a bit skepticalcz i dnt trust dese guys... for al iknw dey might be misleadig me... i was wondering whtr i should go for a reimbursement... the device starts warming up on jus a few mins of photo browsing... i cant measure the exact temp also,.. wud b grateful if somone adviced me as to hw to measure the temp... ( ps: its not the battery temp i want... the battery is more towrds the center of the device... while the heating is confined to the left most region which i gus is wer the quad core processor is located... n btw no much performance issues with it though...battery life is normal too...

Thankyou.

:)

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Guys... i jus bought a new note 8... this is my frst tab n the devise starts heating up on jusnreadin a few e books... or downloading an app or 2... i was wondering wthrer this was normal... the heating isconfined to the left side of the device... could someone gimme an advice as to whthr dis is normal or not... n also i d taken dis bac to the service center on the 4th day of purchase n they wer willing to replace the device... unfortunately it was not avaliable in the market... the service engineers sed dat this was the normal heating for the device... but agan im a bit skepticalcz i dnt trust dese guys... for al iknw dey might be misleadig me... i was wondering whtr i should go for a reimbursement... the device starts warming up on jus a few mins of photo browsing... i cant measure the exact temp also,.. wud b grateful if somone adviced me as to hw to measure the temp... ( ps: its not the battery temp i want... the battery is more towrds the center of the device... while the heating is confined to the left most region which i gus is wer the quad core processor is located... n btw no much performance issues with it though...battery life is normal too...

Thankyou.

:)

If performance seems good and battery is about 10% drain per hour... then I assume you are noticing normal feel when the CPUs are running hard for a moment or two. Your hand or case cover will keep the heat up when that occurs.

There are a few threads in the Q&A section about battery drain, you may find them useful. If you have a good sized media library, the system will thumb nail cache and index media if using Google apps like, Music and Gallery. The latest Play Music will fix the issue with indexing. But I had to use xposed with Winam module to disable thumb nail cache and DVFS for both better battery charge indication and free up memory from thumbnails being created. For me I had over 300+ MB of cached images that would grow depending on how much media I would store.

dtaylorr

If performance seems good and battery is about 10% drain per hour... then I assume you are noticing normal feel when the CPUs are running hard for a moment or two. Your hand or case cover will keep the heat up when that occurs.

There are a few threads in the Q&A section about battery drain, you may find them useful. If you have a good sized media library, the system will thumb nail cache and index media if using Google apps like, Music and Gallery. The latest Play Music will fix the issue with indexing. But I had to use xposed with Winam module to disable thumb nail cache and DVFS for both better battery charge indication and free up memory from thumbnails being created. For me I had over 300+ MB of cached images that would grow depending on how much media I would store.

Good advice. I personally have not noticed one area getting hotter than another, but I also have a cover.

It is normal to have a little heat, just not excesive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

abuthaj

May 7, 2014
Was wondering whthr I shud go for the reimbursement, ad a few bucks more an buy a 10.1 2014 edition...

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app