Fix Miui ...

Search This thread

takodijkman

May 20, 2008
Hall
Awesome, fixes everything!

But...I can't get my device rooted?

It installed Superuser correctly, but when I want to give an App (i.e. Titanium Backup) root privileges I don't get that popup, but I does say in the log: Root priviliges denied for Titanium Backup!

Reinstalled the ROM and Superuser, to no avail...

1 remark: I'm using ext4 filesystem for this ROM, never had problems with this on any ROM, but maybe it's related?

I even used SuperOneClick, it says the device is Rooted!? And when I update the binaries for Superuser it does allow itself root privileges, but the result is that is doesn't...???

Hope someone recognizes this problem, thanks anyway! :)

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Awesome, fixes everything!

But...I can't get my device rooted?

It installed Superuser correctly, but when I want to give an App (i.e. Titanium Backup) root privileges I don't get that popup, but I does say in the log: Root priviliges denied for Titanium Backup!

Reinstalled the ROM and Superuser, to no avail...

1 remark: I'm using ext4 filesystem for this ROM, never had problems with this on any ROM, but maybe it's related?

I even used SuperOneClick, it says the device is Rooted!? And when I update the binaries for Superuser it does allow itself root privileges, but the result is that is doesn't...???

Hope someone recognizes this problem, thanks anyway! :)

UPDATE: In a rage of fury :D I removed eveything out of the init.d folder (from the update.zip) and reinstalled everything. Now busybox installer does work, except ES File Explorer (it gets root privileges, but then it says: 'test failed, can't run on this device') and Titanium backup (says it's not rooted)? Will slowly add the scripts to init.d again to check where it goes wrong!

Last edited:

Dude_Virus

Mar 8, 2007

Hey Manics does this camera.apk enhance the camera quality as I have noticed a dip in the camera quality from froyo stock. the quality i am taking abt is the pixalation and lifelessness of the photos on zooming the clicked photo..it seems that the pic is like a water colour painting...Also can this be installed on the DSC rom and is there a way to disable the compression of the photo when it is clicked.

Thanks in advance

Cryogen

Aug 21, 2007
Yep fixes pretty much everything, install LED patch you recommended works like a charm from my view point. LEDs are off when screen is off and on when screen is on, don't care about blinking when I have some sort of notification. Just wanted them not to always on. Thanks pointing me in the right direction. Did you try 2.3.2 and Manic's patch yet?

I want the LED buttons to stay on all the time the screen is ON. I use MIUI 2.3.23 . What should I do?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ======================================

MiuiFix.zip is mixed from MIUI 2.2.17 & 2.3.2
    it can fix Headset(MIUI 2.3.2) or Auto Brightness(MIUI 2.2.17)

MIUI232FIXen.zip does more things:
    Fix MiuiSettings
    Fix Flashlight (Torch)
    Fix Headset
    Add 2.3.7 Camera (it can focus)
    Add ROOT
    Fix wifi (It effects in my phone and I forgot to proint it out yesterday)

If you are using miui 2.2.17
    MiuiFix.zip is enough

I believe button leds have a different way of working in miui (working with Auto Brightness)
    but if you want the leds work like before (miui 2.2.17、2.3.3 or ealier,just except miui 2.3.2)
    you can flash MiuiFix.zip and go into the "use custom" settings once
    then flash 2217_signed.zip
    you can find 2217_signed.zip in #5

Timeout.zip adds “Screen Timeout” choices (the red two)
    30s 1m 2m 5m 10m 30m Off
    but it will lose Korean Language (I hope hpa won't be angry)

I made it from miui 2217
    but I believe it can be used in miui 232
    for they are nearly the same

Can you fix the other issues specifically wifi not working 2.3.2?

• Torch is force closing, but on camera flash is working.
    • vibrate doesnt work on messages and pressing home, back, select buttons on phone.
    • Also the LED stay on even when the screen is dark.

1. Torch in miui 2.2.17 works well in miui 2.3.2
    2. In miui 2217 english version (120314)
    it works well
    3. "settings-display-automatic brightness"
    "advanced mode-use custom"
    "edit other levels-buttons-0"
    or if you want the leds work like before (miui 2.2.17、2.3.3 or ealier,just except miui 2.3.2)
    you can (flash MiuiFix.zip and )go into the "use custom" settings once
    then flash 2217_signed.zip
    Wait for Wifi Tethering ....
    If i edit other levels buttons=0 the button lights are always off?

I just want the lights to work properly.

Depends on your version of MIUI, links are first post of this thread. Once installed add this patch, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546302. All your LED's are fixed, remember to off automatic brightness.
    Which version do i use, the first one or the auto brightness one?

My steps both patchs 1st MiuiFix.zip don't reboot, 2nd MIUI232FIXen.zip reboot, than http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1546302 to correct LED issue. Will tell you sometimes when i turn the screen off LEDs stay, but just tap power button and they turn off. Very minor issue to obtain the overall fix.