Updating to latest rom.

Search This thread

soul_train

Jan 1, 2007
Hi all!

Sorry for posting a new thread about this, but I'm really confused about what should I do.

I'm currently on P6-U06V100R001C00B111 - rooted, and I would like to use KitKat stock or custom, doesn't matter. Can I just put ROM files on SD and go on "Local update" in settings? Or do I have to install ADB and fastboot as described here

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fancy Pants

Aug 12, 2012
Hi all!

Sorry for posting a new thread about this, but I'm really confused about what should I do.

I'm currently on P6-U06V100R001C00B111 - rooted, and I would like to use KitKat stock or custom, doesn't matter. Can I just put ROM files on SD and go on "Local update" in settings? Or do I have to install ADB and fastboot as described here

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First of all, wrong forum..

Second I belive there are many ways of doin this update.
This is what I did:
1. Placed the update.app on a Sdcard and did a locale-update by going into settings
2. The phone will reboot and the update will start.
3. You are know on KK, but you will not have a working PlayStore since the old one is for JB.

Basicly this is what u need to do to be on KK, but if you want Playstore etc you have to install TWRP and flash gapps, and if I remember right you need to flash TWRP via fastboot.
I wanted a clean install so after I had installed TWRP I did a factory reset and wiped the internal memory and installed KK (.zip-file) and Gapps via TWRP from my Sdcard.

This is how I did and maybe someone else can tell u a better way to do it.

Last edited:

soul_train

Jan 1, 2007
Can anyone post the link for what rom can i flash?

First of all, wrong forum..

Second I belive there are many ways of doin this update.
This is what I did:
1. Placed the update.app on a Sdcard and did a locale-update by going into settings
2. The phone will reboot and the update will start.
3. You are know on KK, but you will not have a working PlayStore since the old one is for JB.

Basicly this is what u need to do to be on KK, but if you want Playstore etc you have to install TWRP and flash gapps, and if I remember right you need to flash TWRP via fastboot.
I wanted a clean install so after I had installed TWRP I did a factory reset and wiped the internal memory and installed KK (.zip-file) and Gapps via TWRP from my Sdcard.

This is how I did and maybe someone else can tell u a better way to do it.