KK XML/FXZ is now Live! Thx to stras1234! Notice, 2 different ota's

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Exactly. The version number matters not. But you can try it anyway. No idea what's up with the model.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rahimali

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
That's odd about XT905 (since neither the Electrify M, nor the Aussie Razr M got KitKat yet - they're both can be XT905 for some reason), but yes, you could try to flash again via RSD Lite for a cleaner system. It doesn't matter if it's 182 or 183 though, as it's the same version.

OT: But for the Electrify M which is XT901 an update is announced at Moto's site now.
Do not flash the M OTA or XML to the 905!!
The 905 has encrypted partitions like the 925.
You may get a real brick.

razor411

Dec 7, 2011
I did just that and now the partition "partition" and "tz" are kind of locked and I cant flash sth. on nor format them. Funny thing is that, whatever they contain it is either compatible to stock jb or not needed at all. I just flashed all the other stuff via fastboot and now Stock JB with CWM and root is working again.

Does sb. Know what these partition are good for?

Sent from my XT905 using XDA Free mobile app

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
If you're on KK, unlocked can downgrade all but the gpt and tz partitions. This is why I created the RSD Script Generator utility so you can generate a UNIVERSAL script quickly and easily. If you're locked, can't downgrade once on KK at all, even if you use my universal script to upgrade (I had someone try it).

razor411

Dec 7, 2011
I still dont get what these partition are good for. Is there some information somewhere?

Sent from my XT905 using XDA Free mobile app

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Those partitions contain all of the most sensitive components of the boot security on the device as well as the precise memory address locations for the partitions on the raw flash device. Your phone cannot boot without them and any corruption would create a true brick...a device that does nothing and requires a factory blank flash to restore it.

That is why they don't want you messing around with them! ;)

Reactions: SamuriHL

Unholyfire

Jan 15, 2011
Download limit exceeded on the OP link... Anyone have this one mirrored somewhere? I'd really love to have this. And, thank you to the originator of the file!

razor411

Dec 7, 2011
Those partitions contain all of the most sensitive components of the boot security on the device as well as the precise memory address locations for the partitions on the raw flash device. Your phone cannot boot without them and any corruption would create a true brick...a device that does nothing and requires a factory blank flash to restore it.

That is why they don't want you messing around with them! ;)

Yeah but still, I flashed the KK-OTA on my XT905 and it worked. Then I flashed all the stuff from JB via fastboot again. So now all the partitions except those two are back to stock and GPT and tz are on XT907-KK and still all works without any problems. That either means that those two partitions are compatible to xt905 or dont really matter....Right?

Sent from my RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Yeah but still, I flashed the KK-OTA on my XT905 and it worked. Then I flashed all the stuff from JB via fastboot again. So now all the partitions except those two are back to stock and GPT and tz are on XT907-KK and still all works without any problems. That either means that those two partitions are compatible to xt905 or dont really matter....Right?

Sent from my RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app

But the XML would be a different, more risky thing to do.

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
That either means that those two partitions are compatible to xt905 or dont really matter....Right?
Yes, they are mostly compatible. But if the XT905 uses some different radios (that would be the case for Elec M and XT902 - not sure about this Aussie Razr) or frequencies, you could end up with no signal depending on the network.
Someone already tried to flash the XT902 firmware on the XT907 with this result:
Flashed this xml to dev. edition VZ without problems.
Except fact that GSM not working with this radio even if "GSM/3G" option is set.
Unable to travel to Japan to test it, sorry. :D
So you might want to flash the radio back to what you need after the upgrade.

furkonhesti

Feb 16, 2012
My Razr is XT907, Csn i flash radio from XT905 due to i used GSM network?

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
There's no need for it. According to GSMArena.com the XT907 has both quad-band GSM and quad-band HSDPA (just as the Razr XT905).

Last edited:

furkonhesti

Feb 16, 2012
There's no need for it. According to GSMArena.com the XT907 has both quad-band GSM and quad-band HSDPA (just as the Razr XT905).

Before update to KK i use rom XT905, my gsm signal very good.. But after upgraded to kitkat..the signal back same as when i still use stock jb on my RAZR M..only about 2-3 bar

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts