[Q] Please help! :'( Phone stuck after flashing recovery. Really need help! :(

Search This thread

Tech N You

Jul 10, 2014
Unknown Land
Hi all :)
I managed to find a proper CWM recovery for my device Karbon A8 which has no glitches, flashes and works properly.
So I wanted to add custom icon to it. On flashing the downloaded recovery it works correctly whereas on changing the images it doesn't work and is stuck at boot screen :(
So I unpacked it and then went to ramdsik-contents->res->images and replaced the icon_clockwork.png with desired file and repacked it using kitchen without receiving any errors.
After that I flashed it and rebooted the phone. Phone after showing Karbonn (splash screen) screen goes into a black screen and is stuck there :( :crying:
I didn't do anything else, didn't change any values just the .png's and flashed.
After that I tried many unpacking and repacking tools but no success. Same problem unpacks and repacks without erros but after flashing stuck at black screen :(
Can anyone please have a look at this and help.
Please help really need help.
Thanks in advance.! :)
I use Windows 7 (x64) on my laptop. If someone can try unpacking and adding these images and repacking in ubuntu that might solve the problem. Please anyone help :) Thanks :)
Links to images I want to add : icon_clockwork.png
stitch.png

Working Recovery.img (untouched) : Recovery.img

Recovery after repacking : New-Image.img

r0c0

Jul 21, 2007
so you are not stuck, just flash the working recovery, pretty dramatic post imo and wrong forum.