Earbuds!

Search This thread

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
I'm really happy with my current setup, the built-in amp the DNA has really helped and made a noticeable difference when pushing high-end IEMs and cans. I've got UE-900 IEMs with Comply foam tips and aftermarket cables and a Fiio E17 amp and FLAC music on a 128gb thumb drive playing though Neutron MP and Noozxoide and it sounds freaking unbelievably awesome. :good::)

Last edited:

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Lol I did spell that wrong bwahaha to many blunts this early ;)

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

dosmoney

Aug 28, 2010
There is a cult following behind the MonoPrice 8320 earbuds

Read about them:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-headphones-under-30/

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580769/the-monoprice-8320-mep-933-the-7-11-club

I bought a pair a while back and can vouch for them. Insane, and only about $9 delivered.

i too can vouch for them. I would reccomend a couple of things. Replace the rubber ear tips with something that seals in your ear better, I'd recommend foam tips. second, let them break in on medium volume for about 24 hours or so for best sound in the long run. ENJOY!

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
I still haven't decided between theses and the jvc xplosive ones...:sly:

MustafaHadaKing

Aug 2, 2011
Boston
the only problem i see with the monoprice, is the design. seems uncomfortable and ugly. My opinion thought just from seeing pictures and reading reviews

alinafia

Sep 10, 2009
Google for yuin pk3. Im currently use one.. cheap and really good.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

T

Transfusiionz

I'm still rocking my Klipsch S4's. Using AC!D Audio Engine and they sound amazing.

Spiral_ouT

Sep 20, 2011
Los Angeles, California
Review Time! :D

JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X vs. Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

Case:
The XXs come with one, the Monoprice buds don't. Pretty simple.

Cord:
The XXs have an awesome looking red pvc coated cord. It doesn't tangle easily, stays in place when wound, and feels like it provides decent protection for the wire inside. Pretty much the standard for all quality headphones/buds. The Monoprice buds have a cloth wrapping on the wire. It tangles extremely easily, does not stay in place well when wound, feels like there is barely any protection for the wire, and will definitely fray over time. Holding it up to the light, you can see it has already started to fray 24 hours out of the box. IMO, cloth is the single worst thing to ever happen to cords.

Comfort:
As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, I find the XXs very comfortable for an in-ear headphone. I can wear them for hours on end without thinking about them.
Despite how awkward the Monoprice buds look, they are actually pretty comfortable! Far more so than I expected. From the couple hours of testing I did today, I think they're equal to the XXs in this category.

Most important.. Sound!

Tested with: Metal (Mudvayne, Mastodon, Kittie), Dubstep (Liquid Stranger, Skrillex), Trance/techno (Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack), Rap (Bone Thugs, Dre, Wayne), and Alternative/softer (Beatles, Modest Mouse, Radiohead)

XXs- Earth shattering, but clear, bass. I mean these things can pound with the right music. Mids are clear and smooth. Highs are where these struggle a little bit when listening to metal. Perfect amount for rap, dubstep, techno, and alternative in my opinion. Overall, they provide a rich and full listening experience. For metal, I still prefer my Beats Studios.
Monoprice- Wow.. And not a good wow. For a 14mm driver, I expected some basstacular ear rape. What I got was clear, but very faint, bass. Mids are decent but lacking in comparison to the XXs. Highs are crisp, clear, and have a nice attack. For my tastes, the lack of low end really ruined the experience. Sharp and clear, but not rich and full.

Outcome:
The clear winner here are the JVC XXs in almost every category. I probably won't be using the Monoprice buds for anything but movie watching on a noisy airplane. The XXs bass can be a little overpowering cranked to the volume needed to hear voices and drown out airplane sound simultaneously.

Since I was so hard on the Monoprice buds, I will say, I'm a huge Monoprice fan! I buy a large box of stuff I barely need from them monthly. This product just isn't one of their best.

Anyways, hope this helps at least one person get their perfect pair of budget earbuds. I've fallen in love with mine all over again after this little comparison :)

-Trip

Sent from within using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359501412838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359501412838.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 215
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359501425156.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359501425156.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 217

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Good looking on this love ur review. From the looks alone I liked the xxs plus they look like they beat harder and coming from someone who makes music(hip-hop) its a must. U just made my decision a lot easier:thumbup:

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Ended up ordering the regular XXs. The FX101s or something. Cant be a huge diff between them and the 1X ones or whatever they are. They will def be better than these sennheiser mx680s. Those are terrible

Sent from my SuperCharged DNA

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Will be getting theses for my bday now I don't have to buy them lol ;)

alinafia

Sep 10, 2009
Its genuine one..brought around 2008 still great condition.. i dont know yuin also have fake..its cheap.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts