DiXperia X/10 - Discussion Thread

Search This thread

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
For now use any for JB, most you like :). Till DXEngine relase (it will be some time, I'm waiting till my friend back from holidays).

Sent from my Xperia X10i using xda premium

serge327

Jan 3, 2011
Hi Dike, i wonder any of your tester got some feedback on the gaming part. Some games like candy crush hardly can play on our x10. Can we have some of these comment? Thanks

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
Hi dikej I would like to test your rom on the gaming side(extreme gaming).
Games that I will test- mc4, mc3, blitz brigade, cs portable( only to test in-game fps).
But the problem is I haven't flashed any jb rom since scritch's v5. Somebody please suggest me a kernel

Last edited:

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
serge327, DX X/10 is not gaming ROM and I didn't ask any tester to try handle big titles like MC4 or so. But I can confirm, and they too, that's basic logical games and maybe some runners etc. are preety good on it :).

Bigkiler5, please go to dev thread - I already post that few times my suggestions of JB Kernel till DXEngine relase. And remember - this ROM is not for gaming! :D

ashok weird, read above words and go to dev thread to see some answers.

skellum, what's this buddy?

Riddo

Mar 13, 2011
Hi All,

I just wonder if i could run this rom on LB with fera's JB kernel ??
Anyone had tried it ?

Cheers

dgoby

Apr 3, 2011
Athens, Ga
Well done DikeJ. Very nice rom you have here. For those looking to try it out, really read carefully what is put in op in the dev section. Fera's kernel works great on my end but have noticed others have had some issues. This could be from not installing correctly or sometimes you just need to flash stock to start fresh and then proceed with your root, new kernel and then custom rom install. Give it time people for the new kernel to come out by DikeJ and his team.

After install and putting the addons that fit my needs (remember addon, reboot completely, addon, reboot completely, etc.) it did slow some but as stated in golden suggestion 2 give it a day to settle and she'll be back to flying. Omni Engine by Spike Labs adds to the flow nicely.

Overall, great addition to the X10 survival DikeJ. If you'd like me to put this in the dev section also let me know since a lot of people only look there. Thank you again, well done.

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
skellum, try modded version, for me works. :) -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/ricnez643by3h7e/Candy_Crush_Saga_DXX10.apk

Riddo, I dunno buddy, but make sure do some backup, just in case ^^.

dgoby, many, manu thanks for good infstructions about carefully reading OP and using each things like addons etc. It looks like you know what you're doing and have knowledge about it :). If you could, please write this post in Dev thread as, like you stated, here not all guys looking. Thanks! :D
BTW: I don't have a team, but very good helpful people :).

Reactions: skellum

skellum

@DiKeJ, just installed modded version of candy crush but error occured when trying to connect online. please see attached file

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-02-09-45-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-02-09-45-49.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 62

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Ooops, I didn't know you wanted to play with it online via FB. I checked myself and I don't have this problem but it says that some Kingdom is not available and I need to try again. I'm sorry buddy, I don't know what's wrong with it :(.

Reactions: skellum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Hey Guys,
    our new DiXperia Community on Google+ is up!
    Join it now to get latest info and support!
    Link:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110415887217374741785 *

this is the official Discussion thread for DiXperia X/10 by DikeJ.
    Here you will find pre-release reviews of our testers and and - of course - user discussion.

Here you can post:
    + questions concerning installation, content and updates of DX X/10
    + benchmark results
    + reviews of DX X/10
    + your own mods of DX X/10
    + questions to testers (we do not answer personal ones)
    + unecessary spam (you don´t have to :p)
    + any feedback is welcome

Please be sure that we will read every post here and take it into consideration, even if we do not answer directly.

Here is the development thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2322005; please post there ONLY if you found a bug that is not already mentioned.
    We will not answer to anything else in the Development thread.
    Let's keep the thing clean this time!
    Greets
    Review

NOTE:
    There was some issues with ROM because of my fault, review is edited, and silver font text is not actual!

Hi all, i just want to share my opinion about this ROM.

At the beggining i'd like to say that I am very surprised that there's new Dikej's ROM! I've been using DiXpera 8 Stock version so far, and i thought that this is last Dikej's project. What a plesant surprise for me to see that there are few new roms on X10 :D

So, basically I flashed new rom along with Dikej's kernel, to see how it works. I've never had a chance to see Android 4, so it's new experience for me. To make everything clear - i am normal phone user - 20-30 minutes of talking every day, some internet surfing via Wi-Fi or 3G, up to 20 SMS per day, i often use GPS and camera. I don't play games on phone.

The Dark Side of rom...
    First feeling after reboot of phone? Well, it takes a while to boot new system. But it's understandable, as description of rom says to give 24 hours for system to settle. So i gave it 24 hours, and here's what i think after 4 days of very normal using of phone:
    Rom is very stable, but it lags sometimes. It takes some time to run app that is not in device ram. Launcher sometimes don't react when I press icon (maybe it's my fault, touch pad react different than in android 2.3.x, and i'm not used to it). "Heavier" apps can crush sometimes- i had a lot of trouble to run Kaspersky Mobile Security, i'll install "in case" add on later, and see how it works. Google play is lagging. There is some wrong translations in Polish system language. And that was the dark side of this rom, let's get to bright side...

... and the Bright Side.
    IT IS TRULY REMARKABLE SYSTEM! Dikej, I love to discover Your roms, it is so much pleasure! You put third life in my x10i, as it was supposed to be replaced with some new hardware.
    System is stable, it's faster with every day, and every day i discover more and more fantastic options. It starts Wi-Fi 2x faster than DX8 Stock, and wi-fi speed (download) is much better than in DX8. System is very customizable. What is very important, it treats battery very gently. With Go Power Master app, it can last for three days, which is a lot if compared to DX8. Another fantastic thing: keyboard (without any dictionary and Swype) reacts exactly as I want it to react, even when there is some lag or low memory, its just typing what I pressed. Everything in this rom is just clear, accesable even for noobs. With KMS, K9 mail and ATK running in background device have from 90 to 50 free ram, which is sufficient to run most of other apps. Reebot from time to time clears ram.

DiXperia X/10 in short:

+ Stable
    + Gets faster every day
    + Battery treatment
    + Keyboard typing
    + Fully customizable

- Lags sometimes
    - Launcher don't run apps after first touch (sometimes)
    - FC sometimes (without "in case" add-on)

- Some strange Polish language translations

Overall:
    dear Dikej, I love your work, You do amazing job with x10i, and here goes another small donation (right after i'll come to home from work), and if other users like hes job as i do, please do the same. Let's support Young and talented developers.

BIG THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID!
    Short review of final release

Hi all,

As a tester I recieved the final version and i'd like to give you a short review after a day of usage.
    I'm using the ROM on Fera's JB kernel (v4) with 384/1190/Smartassv2/cfq & AnimationScale: 1x (all three)
    I did a clean ROM install and installed some add-ons (each one a separate install).

The ROM is smooth! The test version was smooth already and also kept it's smoothness during a week of testing.
    Wifi is fixed, GPS is accurate. Fix isn't instant but it's there at a normal speed.
    Screen responsivness is perfect! Also it has become better than in the test version (please read installation instructions to achieve that!).
    I'm not a gamer (well, i am playing chess :) )
    While using google navigate (maps) or social life I haven't faced any reboots (test version could reboot with such RAM eating apps).
    Multitasking isn't as fast as gingerbread, but it also ain't slow. It's just working in a decent way without lag.
    Mail can be added, but be aware that exchange isn't included in the package (search xda for it).

So i'm very pleased and I'm using it as my daily.
    IMHO: The ROM is very good.

Thanks to DikeJ.
    Update :) -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2322005&page=7

Lust-sama, about words/typo problems - it's only translate problem, nothing connected with stability of ROM :). About tethering, decrase CPU freq maybe, or use another Kernel, optionally reflash ROM :).

Drakula975, will think about optional addon, but not in this ROM. If you want any good suggestions, please follow keeofhiphop's thread about my community's made ROM - DiXperia Mystery :).
    Camera is working without any problems. Still trying to make something about Camcorder but as you know, in JB ROMs is a pain in the a*s so I don't think we make it fully working. At least for now :).

Buda1996, who just said about working cam? :)