Has anybody seen light bleed like this?

Search This thread

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Looks as if I'm going to have to join the return game on this device. I've been a very happy TF700 owner on CROMi-X for the last year and still had that WOW effect when I started playing with this tablet.
Until it got dark.... I mean - the attached picture is with the tablet in sleep mode!!!!! That's gotta suck the battery dry like nothing.....
Opened a ticket with Asus for what it's worth...
I'm going to update to 4.3 manually, but don't expect that'll do much.
Does anybody have something similar?

Edit: After about an hour of reading the screen dimmed and had dark shadows on both sides. I flashed the 4.3 update manually since the System Update wouldn't - now everything seems to be fine.
Light bleed gone when in sleep mode and no shadows either... ?????????

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Wow - good outcome - never seen anything like that - keep your eyes on it obviously ;)

Unfortunately it's not resolved to the point that I feel confident to unlock.
I still have have weird and uneven dimming of the screen. Sometimes just part of the screen dims and shows a dark, uneven shadow across it (in reading mode). What I don't understand is, taking a screen shot in that situation shows nothing of the shadow....??
What I consistently see is when the screen times out, it dims just before it turns off, but only on part of the screen (more or less the left half, but fading out from left to right).
Smart Saving is off.. Can't think of anything else to try...
I'd hate to return it, but I think I'll have to - this does not inspire confidence....

Attachments

• IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I still have have weird and uneven dimming of the screen. Sometimes just part of the screen dims and shows a dark, uneven shadow across it (in reading mode). What I don't understand is, taking a screen shot in that situation shows nothing of the shadow....??
What I consistently see is when the screen times out, it dims just before it turns off, but only on part of the screen (more or less the left half, but fading out from left to right).
I'd hate to return it, but I think I'll have to - this does not inspire confidence....

Smart saving has nothing to do with smart dimming unfortunately. You can only turn smart dimming off if you are rooted. I'd take it back and get a replacement as what you are seeing is not normal.

Reactions: berndblb

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands

Never seen this on any tablet.
To me it seems that some parts of the Led backlight are not working correct or totally not.
Better try to get it swapped or Rma'd ASAP.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
R.I.P

I was filling out the Amazon return form and picked it up 'cause I got a notification about new mail - and that's when the digitizer gave up completely.
I was able to wipe my data by hooking it up to the TV and got it to reset with a lot of huntin' and pecking.

A replacement is on it's way. You gotta love Amazon :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Smart saving has nothing to do with smart dimming unfortunately. You can only turn smart dimming off if you are rooted. I'd take it back and get a replacement as what you are seeing is not normal.