[Q] add account to gmail app

Search This thread

nullstring2

Apr 21, 2011
I've rooted my device and installed Google apps via the documentation found in other threads here at xda.
However, I'm unable to find the option to add additional accounts to the gmail app.

Per this link: http://www.intomobile.com/2013/10/03/obvious-howto-add-new-account-updated-gmail-46-app-android/
I need to add additional accounts via the accounts and sync menu. However, this menu does not show on my kindle hdx. Is there an alternate method to add accounts? How do I do this on my kindle?

nullstring2

Apr 21, 2011
find 'google settings' in your apps:
google settings -> google + -> add account -> add account

is this what you want?
Perfect. Thank you!

Note that you don't need to have Google+ enabled on the account to use this.
We just need to use it as a kick off point for getting to the add Google account screen.
One there it will ask you if you want to sign up for Google+ and you can simply cancel the process. The account is already added by that point.

Reactions: jeryll

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    google settings

is this what you want?

is this what you want?
    Perfect. Thank you!

Note that you don't need to have Google+ enabled on the account to use this.
    We just need to use it as a kick off point for getting to the add Google account screen.
    One there it will ask you if you want to sign up for Google+ and you can simply cancel the process. The account is already added by that point.