[HOW TO] Using Light flow on HTC One M8

Search This thread

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Light Flow didn't work for me. But I did find line where I can change value. I think it will work sync there is no problem with led notifications on Revolution HD 7.0

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.
system/costumize/acc/ default.xml.

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item>
</app>

Change the value to 0, will flash until dismissed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: VectorM8

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Lightflow doesn't work correctly on the M8, I tried for hours with this app to get things working properly for a continuous led. While I could do this there was always some caveat that would spoil it.
One of the problems is that notifications don't cancel until you hit the Lightflow notification icon the status bar. I don't want to be doing things twice to read a message and cancel a notification.

I use Recurrent notification manager in Play Store which works correctly and without root for overcoming the 5 min limit.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Light Flow is working great for me, except when the phone is charging. I'm not getting notifications while it's charging. I just get the standard amber solid light while charging, and solid green when charged. I used all the settings from the OP.

djr83

Mar 4, 2010
Are you sure you have unchecked LED notifications in screen settings? I have a Google Play edition, not sure if that makes any difference.

djr83

Mar 4, 2010
Yes, the phone settings, not app specific settings. There should only be one to uncheck.
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Sometimes I get a charging LED too, but it's pretty rare. In that case I just unplug and replug the charger or reboot the phone.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Yes, the phone settings, not app specific settings. There should only be one to uncheck.
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Sometimes I get a charging LED too, but it's pretty rare. In that case I just unplug and replug the charger or reboot the phone.

This is what my LED settings look like:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-24-09-50-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-24-09-50-13.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 709

snebojsa

Apr 10, 2012
Belgrade
Light Flow is working great for me, except when the phone is charging. I'm not getting notifications while it's charging. I just get the standard amber solid light while charging, and solid green when charged. I used all the settings from the OP.

Go to Light Flow settings, then Sleep settings, then scroll to Charge settings and untick Enable charge settings. Then you will get notifications when charging.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-24-23-46-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-24-23-46-02.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 447

djr83

Mar 4, 2010
The charge settings is not enabled as default and I assume he has not done it himself.

snebojsa

Apr 10, 2012
Belgrade
I'm on Viper rom too, LF is working well, I have not change anything in Viper settings related to buttons and leds, everything is on default settings...

ColdFire InOx

May 13, 2012
Light Flow seems to have a bit of a hard time clearing the notifications when I enter the app (eg: messaging app). Anyone knows how to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is written for Android 4.4 and whatever version of Light flow that was the latest at the time. The menus are not the same for the latest version, but the same settings still apply.

1. Settings in Light flow
    Check Direct mode, Root mode and HTC alternative mode.
    If you are using Android 5.0, also check Run every command as root.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88075/Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-32-08.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88075/Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-32-37.png

2. Settings in Android
    Uncheck Flash LED notification under Display in settings.

3. Settings for the specific notification
    Check Enable Mixer. Choose Solid or Flash under the color you want. Green and amber are the only colors that work.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88075/Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-36-37.png
    You can change the flashing pattern by changing the LED brightness. There are only two values that work AFAIK: 1 and 4 (2 and 3 works too but gives the same result as 1).
    It's possible to combine the two colors, one solid and one flashing. Note: solid green and flashing amber is not the same as solid amber and flashing green. It is also possible to combine two flashing colors in one specific combination, check list below.

This gives us a total of 11 combinations:
    Solid green
    Solid amber
    Flashing green, value 1
    Flashing green, value 4
    Flashing amber, value 1
    Flashing amber, value 4
    Solid green + flashing amber, value 1
    Solid green + flashing amber, value 4
    Solid amber + flashing green, value 1
    Solid amber + flashing green, value 4
    Flashing green, value 4 + flashing amber, value 1

All combinations are not easy to see but since the options are very limited it's always nice to have more to choose from.
    If this helps you, please click the thanks button!
    Light Flow didn't work for me. But I did find line where I can change value. I think it will work sync there is no problem with led notifications on Revolution HD 7.0

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    system/costumize/acc/ default.xml.

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item>
    </app>

Change the value to 0, will flash until dismissed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Changed the instructions for Android 5.0.