(MOD)..Disable screen wake on when receiving a text

Search This thread

Xelstyle

Dec 22, 2011
Having an issue with this. Was working before but I'm guessing the other modes I've flashed might have broke it? Can't find the secmms.odex like I did last time in the /system/app, where when this happened before, I deleted it and re flashed.

Running Dagr8's rom.

Scribbled with the Note II

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Having an issue with this. Was working before but I'm guessing the other modes I've flashed might have broke it? Can't find the secmms.odex like I did last time in the /system/app, where when this happened before, I deleted it and re flashed.

Running Dagr8's rom.

Try going into your system/app and delete tje secmms.apk and then go inro recovery and wipe cache and also wioe dalvik cache and then flash the zip again and see if it works

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Hmm.. It would probably have to be any one of the Google-multi dpi fix, or re flashing RC1.2.

I would say the multi dpi fix if its running at a lower dpi as I had someone else have it stoped working ....ill work on it later to have it at a lower dpi

Xelstyle

Dec 22, 2011
I would say the multi dpi fix if its running at a lower dpi as I had someone else have it stoped working ....ill work on it later to have it at a lower dpi

Just tried wiping, re flashing with the ams fix last and restored backup data. It's at stock dpi now but still not working.

lbxmobbin_1

Jul 11, 2010
lawndale
Just tried wiping, re flashing with the ams fix last and restored backup data. It's at stock dpi now but still not working.

Is the app not installing or what's not working? And last thing I can suggest is flash a de-oxed rom if your using a stock odex ..If that doesnt work im going to get my friends ATT note 2 and see if I can recreate your issue and try to see why its not working for you

Xelstyle

Dec 22, 2011
Is the app not installing or what's not working? And last thing I can suggest is flash a de-oxed rom if your using a stock odex ..If that doesnt work im going to get my friends ATT note 2 and see if I can recreate your issue and try to see why its not working for you

The stock messaging app is fine, just that I'm not getting the actual mod effect out of it. I'm using Dagr8's Hybrid ROM which I believe is de-oxed...

Xelstyle

Dec 22, 2011
I will try to find a way to fix it somehow

No need. Found out in the end that it was of course, user error. Somehow checked off "wake up screen" the in the pop up sms app without realizing it. It's all good now though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey im from the sprint galaxy note 2 forum and the screen wake on when receiving a text was annoying so I figured you guys could use a fix for it if you dont like your screen turning on...this is without using go sms or light flow or any other app this will work right away with stock message app so if you like the fix hit the thanks button :)

THANKS to ( AEVZ )
    for testing for me as I have the sprint version and not the AT&T version

( flashable zip thru recovery)
    (Wipe cache and dalvic cache before flashing zip)
    If running DE-ODEX just wipe cache and dalvic cache and flash
    people running ODEX
    delete your SecMms.odex file from your system/app/ first before flash

Hope it helps some of you who hate the screen turning on when receiving a text

AT&T
    http://db.tt/ZAREkwZS

...or just use Go SMS Pro and select this feature from app settings + a gazillion of other useful features.

Im not trying to be a douche but if you read my post I did say, this without using "go sms" or light flow or any other app so obviously people would know that so if you wanna use go sms thats fine but unlike you some other people may want to use the stock sms without having to install any other messaging app. .

Im on a deoxed rom with perseus kernel....
    I flashed the zip...I followed your directions.. I looked at the screenshot from your main thread it shows the setting option to turn the screen on/off in notifications...
    Well I flashed this and didnt see that option, but I tested it and used my wifes phone to text me it works the screen doesn't come on while off...heres the screenshot

Yeah the screen shot on my main thread is from the old modded SecMms I had wich had the option but I compiled a new one and its automatically disabled ..on my thread the new 11/17 build is like the one I made for you guys were it disables it so no need to click anything on settings, do you get me? As soon as you flash it when u receive a text your screen wont turn on so its supposed to be like that just flash and your good to go

Is there any difference in ATT version compared to the Rogers SMS apk other than your mod?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Theirs no diference I mean their both on gsm networks so if you wanna install the mod it would work, I had someone from a t-mobile note 2 said the mod worked on their phone so it should work with your phone as well. .try it and let me know if you have any issues and I will help out and backup your rogers sms apk before u try just to be safe

I'm rooted with root explorer and SQL editor. Anyway I can edit the file in question directly rather than doing backup and flashing the zip?

No sorry as you need to decompile the apk in order to modify the smali for it and recompile it back after without breaking anything