[ROM][5/5][4.2.2] - CleanROM 2.3 -★| Aroma | Smooth | Stable | CLEAN! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dmdelgado

Dec 11, 2010
Miami
That's probably because of the kernel you're using. This thing is titanium solid, haven't had a reboot in days, only when I intentionally do it for some changes to take effect or flash smth.

I see... Well I switched from KTOONZ to TRINITY since running KTOONZ kernel was preventing me from setting my wallpaper. But since the switch I have been getting INSANE battery life. How is your battery life on the stock kernel?

-DMD

iamikon

May 17, 2012
Just as a side note kernels don't prevent you from changing wallpaper ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
I'm thinking about buying a Nexus 10

I use (and love) CleanRom on my Note 2 phone. I have been following that thread for about a year now. I was recently given an iPad 4 with Retina display. I have been playing with it for about a week. There are things I like and things I hate about it. Anyway, I advertised that I would be willing to sell or trade it on Craigslist. A guy offered me enough to buy a refurb 32GB Nexus 10. The moment I unbox the refurb, I will be installing CleanRom.

Here is my question, is there any way to install airplay on a Nexus 10? The one aspect of the iPad I love is airplay. I have two Denon receivers, an AVR-4311 connected to a 9.1 speaker system in my living room and an AVR-3311 connected to a 7.2 speaker system in my master bedroom. They are both capable of playing airplay streams. In fact, airplay will effortlessly turn the receivers on and start the music playing. It's really convenient. I'm a PC/Droid guy. I would never put itunes on my computers. I use an app called Cloudbeats to play my music from the cloud (thanks to the free 50gb of Dropbox space I got for free with my Note 2).

I know this probably isn't the right thread to ask this question, but I figure I'll soon be hanging out here a lot.

UPDATE:
I found an app that streams music via airplay perfectly called AIR AUDIO on the market. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm getting the Nexus 10. I will have cleanrom ASAP.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Jan 13, 2011
Montreal
I use (and love) CleanRom on my Note 2 phone. I have been following that thread for about a year now. I was recently given an iPad 4 with Retina display. I have been playing with it for about a week. There are things I like and things I hate about it. Anyway, I advertised that I would be willing to sell or trade it on Craigslist. A guy offered me enough to buy a refurb 32GB Nexus 10. The moment I unbox the refurb, I will be installing CleanRom.

Here is my question, is there any way to install airplay on a Nexus 10? The one aspect of the iPad I love is airplay. I have two Denon receivers, an AVR-4311 connected to a 9.1 speaker system in my living room and an AVR-3311 connected to a 7.2 speaker system in my master bedroom. They are both capable of playing airplay streams. In fact, airplay will effortlessly turn the receivers on and start the music playing. It's really convenient. I'm a PC/Droid guy. I would never put itunes on my computers. I use an app called Cloudbeats to play my music from the cloud (thanks to the free 50gb of Dropbox space I got for free with my Note 2).

I know this probably isn't the right thread to ask this question, but I figure I'll soon be hanging out here a lot.

UPDATE:
I found an app that streams music via airplay perfectly called AIR AUDIO on the market. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm getting the Nexus 10. I will have cleanrom ASAP.

Mind sharing a link to that app? I haven't found an app that does air play for android yet. Everything available makes your andoird device be an air play "receiver" but nothing that emulates air play the way it works on spple devices aka the ipad is the sender. All the apps i've see make the android device appear on the list like a speaker which is useless.

Mind sharing a link to that app? Can

volumnus

Nov 27, 2008
The paid version sounds A LOT better.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.airaudio

The free version is crap, but the paid version, which costs $6, is just like airplay. It works perfectly with my two Denon receivers. You have to install the free version. Then you have to upgrade to the paid version from within the app. It doesn't display album art for me though on the device that receives the stream.

Mind sharing a link to that app? I haven't found an app that does air play for android yet. Everything available makes your andoird device be an air play "receiver" but nothing that emulates air play the way it works on spple devices aka the ipad is the sender. All the apps i've see make the android device appear on the list like a speaker which is useless.

Mind sharing a link to that app? Can

dmdelgado

Dec 11, 2010
Miami

I'm aware Kernels don't ordinarily prevent you from changing your wallpaper. However the version of KTOONZ I was using did as I explained in my post a few pages back. Switching kernels fixed my issue. Why or how it did is beyond me. :confused:

I rooted and installed this ROM + KTOONZ as soon as I got my Nexus, so I never experienced the battery life on the stock kernel. So I was wondering, how is your experience with battery life on the stock kernel?

-DMD

demisb

Aug 30, 2012
Utrecht
Been running this rom for a week now, coming from Paranoid Android 3.15.

Gotta say this one seems smoother and more snappy, with MUCH better battery life as well :)

So me happy, thanx a lot scrosler :thumbup:

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Reactions: dmdelgado

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CR-1-N10.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Google Stock ROM, Jellybean 4.2.2 Base, and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM is Fast, Lite, Clean, and STABLE!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • Support for Newbs and Verterns alike is given at www.scottsroms.com regardless of post count!

features.png

• Aroma Installer with choice of the following options:
      • Launcher: Stock, Nova, Apex
      • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Search, Wallet, YouTube, Talk, Music, Maps, Street View for Maps, Play Movies and TV, Google+, Movie Studio, Google Ears Widget
      • Misc Apps: Adobe Flash, ES File Explorer, Ad Blocking Host File, DropBox, Android Terminal Emulator, QuickOffice Viewer
    • Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
    • Extended Power Menu!
    • AOSP Browser!
    • Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!
    • Do not install Gapps, just install what you want from the Google Play Store!

changes.png

Version 2.3 - 5/5/2013
    • Note: This is just a general app refresh. No major changes.
    • Updated: All apps
    • Changed: Made Google Ears Selectable during install
    • Corrected: An error in build.prop

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    • If on a ROM other than CleanROM then I highly recommend a factory reset in recovery!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Pick Options
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• All people who support my work!
    • The entire Admin Team at Scott's ROMS!

(Tapatalk / XDA App Users use your web browser to see the links or Download from PC!!!!
    I don't recommend downloading from a mobile device!)

MD5.png

C324D0853D30E5A72FAB16E32ECCEE68

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    CleanROM 2.2.5+ (Android 4.2.2) Addons

Tablet UI for CleanROM 2.2.5+ (Android 4.2.2)

nexus10tablet.jpg

SlimBar for CleanROM 2.2.5+ (Android 4.2.2)

The default size: :(
    Lx3sWQM.jpg

And the slimmed down version: :)
    tUvQldS.jpg

The MODs I've created come in two sizes: Silm (40dpi) & Extra Slim (34dpi) These MODs work for both Standard UI & TabletUI :highfive:

Instructions: Flash via Recovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    CleanROM 2.3 is Out!
    CR-1-N10.png

changes.png

Version 2.3 - 5/5/2013
    • Note: This is just a general app refresh. No major changes.
    • Updated: All apps
    • Changed: Made Google Ears Selectable during install
    • Corrected: An error in build.prop

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

This is just a general app refresh. Minor edits. No huge changes!

Enjoy!

-Scott
    Add On's / Patches

• Tablet Mode UI Patch by brGabriel can be found HERE!